| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3|
|My weekly poll|
Have you tried the move tool
Keep those funnies coming, Sam. I enjoyed this one again. Jspoel 15:43, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Obvious troll. Look at his blog. We should stop it before it gets out of hand. 05:18, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
I know this isnt a suggestion but how do you vote?--HaroldWannabe360 23:33, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Idea for Next Poll
Hello I have an idea for the next weekly poll. It could be asking the question 'Which faction did you ally with in New Vegas?' and the answers could be the following: Yes Man, Mr House, Caesar's Legion or the New California Republic. MJ567 14:15, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
I have a great poll idea: "What Platform/System do u use?" candidates are: PC , PS3 , XBOX360. please do this poll so we can all gauge what platform were all using. CDEagle147A -i have no witty sig. for now. 14:37, August 30, 2011 (UTC).
Remember my poll suggestion? Prettiest female character. I'm sure you'd get lots of votes. And you know I like images, so maybe you can create a poll for what's the best image. You could split them in 2 following polls, FNV weapons and FNV locations. At the same time, you can ask people what image, which is still missing, they would like to see added. Jspoel 15:24, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- You can browse through the Category:Fallout: New Vegas character images and pick 10 or so, for example Red Lucy, Sarah Weintraub, Sunny Smiles, Cass to name a few from of the back of my head. Same thing for location and weapon images.
- And you can include one or two from a FNV DLC and could ask people who they miss on the list.
- Might I suggest Veronica Santangelo, Layla, Usanagi and Raquel? They look better than most other NPC's in F:NV... --Kastera (talk) 18:47, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I was just wondering what bug you were testing when you dragged a corpse through the Mojave Wasteland? 22.214.171.124 18:37, August 8, 2011 (UTC)TwoBearsHigh-Fiving
New Poll ideas
Hello my friend ;)
Some ideas I have on my mind for your poll, but I don't know if you've already done some of those since I have not see all your poll. Also small question, it's only for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas or for all released Fallout games (FO1, FO2, FO3, FNV, FOT, FOBOS)? And what limits for choice you want to instore? Anyway, here we go =):
Small number of choice:
- Preference between Super mutant behemot Vs Legendary creature (FO3, FNV)
- Favorite antagonist (all Fallout)
- Favorite skills (FO3, FNV)
- Preference gameplay style - Conventional Slayer, Futurist Slayer, Sharpshooter, Stealth Killer, Pacifist Ninja, Punches and Kicks, Melee Artist, Ravager Sapper, Mechanic Physicist, Eminent Doctor, Robinson Crusoe, Master Trader
- Your wasteland life - Trader, Traveler, Member of a faction, Bounty Hunter, Leader of a faction, Raider, Mayor-Sheriff of a town, Doctor, Researcher
- Favorite origins - Vault dweller, Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, Tribal, NCR citizens, Citizen of an independent city, Caesar's Legion member, Former Alien's prisoner, Wastelander
- Favorite self-aware humanoid race - Human, Super mutant, Ghoul, FEV mutant, Alien, Swampfolk
- Favorite high-intelligent Super mutant - Lieutenant, Marcus, God, Attis
- Favorite Enclave characters (all Fallout)
- Favorite tribal companions - Sulik, Follows-Chalk, Waking Cloud
- Favorite legate - Joshua Graham, Lanius
- Favorite boss - Master, Frank Horrigan, Augustus Autumn, Jingwei, Ishmael Ashur, Wernher, Professor Calvert, Alien captain, Lanius, Lee Oliver, Elijah, Salt-Upon-Wounds, Dr. Mobius, Think Tank, Simon Barnaky, Attis
- Preference between Capital Wasteland Vs Mojave Wasteland (FO3, FNV)
- Favorite traits (FO1, FO2, FNV)
- Favorite implant (FO2, FNV)
- Favorite antagonist faction Master's Army, Enclave, NCR, Caesar's Legion, Calculator's Army, Attis Army
- Favorite Fallout 3 add-on
- Favorite Fallout: New Vegas add-on
- Favorite add-on (FO3, FNV)
Large number of choice:
- Favorite Small Guns (all Fallout)
- Favorite Big Guns (all Fallout)
- Favorite Energy Weapons (all Fallout)
- Favorite Melee Weapons (all Fallout)
- Favorite Unarmed Weapons (all Fallout)
- Favorite perks (all Fallout)
- Favorite Vault Boy images (all Fallout)
- Well, I saw that you send messages to others and continue your activities, but you did not responded to my questions and give me your global opinion on my ideas that I personally took the time to send you however. There is a reason? Itachou [~talk~] 19:42, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
No problem ;), I found it strange to have not reply as you continue your work but I understand your point of view. Ho yes of course it's up to you, it was just to give you a helping hand =). Hehe also my questions, it's only for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas or for all released Fallout games (FO1, FO2, FO3, FNV, FOT, FOBOS)? They have a limits for choice? If ever you don't know enough about a Fallout game, you can ask me and I will help you in my maximun. Itachou [~talk~] 20:08, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
The thing is, 99% of people admit that they are innocent after they have been caught. How can I trust his word, especially when he is now saying he lied about having multiple accounts. How do I know which one is truth and which one is a lie. The only thing I can suggest is getting Ausir to run a check user. 11:32, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
- I have left a message with Ausir and changed the block to 1 week pending a response. 11:39, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
If you get blocked for seven days and get chatbanned on the same day, does one start counting down after the other is finished? because my block (uncalled for in my opinion) has worn off.
O_O ^_^ @_@ 10:36, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
dude, message me
when you are going to find me, meet me on chat, ill make weapons for you
Jo (aka nikolai)
A few simple ideas for polls.
Favorite Energy Weapon type: Laser vs. Plasma
Favorite Big Gun: Minigun, Gatling Laser, Flamer, Heavy Incinerator, Missle Launcher, Tesla Cannon
Favorite Custom Weapon: Rock-It Launcher, Railway Rifle, Nuka Grenade, Bottlecap Mine, Deathclaw Gauntlet, Shishkebab, Dart Gun
The Best Soda: Nuka Cola vs. Sunset Sasparilla
Favorite Fist: Power Fist, Ballistic Fist, Displacer Glove
Favorite Mod: Silencers vs. Scopes
Hope you like one.
126.96.36.199 01:38, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Sam. I too seem to have been sucked into to this "GIMP craze" and I was attempting to make a long barrel .44 magnum, nothing too special, just to see how everything works. But I've gotten to where I need more workspace, but the program won't allow me to enlarge it , so I always end up with an image with part of the magnum cut off, like the grip or barrel. Is there any way to enlarge the checkered background so my creation doesn't get chopped off? Thanks, Kastera (talk) 17:36, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- OK, thanks for helping out the technologically illiterate.
Idiot Of the Week
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:IdiotOfTheWeek.png Yeah,Really.Pat:3 05:40, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
About that block...
So ugh, do I get banned on the wiki too? Or just chat? -- Yakov 13:14, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
being a friend awardfor being a friend, i like to reward you in return. the reward is: Gerald, your personal ghoul companion/commando. thanks for being my friend sam :D--Nikolai belenski 16:12, August 12, 2011 (UTC)nikolai belenski
- So in short, he didn't really violate any of The Vault's rules explicitly. While he did troll the CoD wiki, he did not attack or vandalize The Vault. For these reasons, banning him for three months is an arbitrary, disproportionate punishment. Tagaziel (call!) 18:43, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Vandalism on My page
A user Blaqwulf deleted part of my user page but I undid his edit. I was wondering if that's a bannable offense. 04:17, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I see you have blocked them, I was looking into it and was about to get back to the person who left me a message. Load Dispatcher hasn't actually made an edit since before his last ban (even checked deleted user contributions). So I don't see how the complaint is actually founded on anything he hasnt already been blocked for in the past. Unless there is something I am missing? 16:05, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- No worries, I will leave Patterson a message noting the dates on his last edits and ask if that is what he meant. 17:04, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
I could do that; I didn't have any jumping urge to poll one of my ideas. Should I do only FO3 add-on locations and you do FNV to tie up the motif, or should I do all seven of the add-on locations for both games? --Kastera (talk) 16:59, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Then all of them it is! I'm eager to see the results. I'm going to be torn between Point Lookout, The Pitt, and the Sierra Madre...
- I don't know; it seems kind of odd to include a location that they've never been to/experienced. But I suppose I could. Or I'll put a disclaimer saying that The Divide is not included because Lonesome Road hasn't been released. Or we could hold off on FNV add-ons and do them two weeks after Lonesome Roads release, so everyone isn't bias toward the new release.
So I guess I'm doing FO3 add-ons. We'll hold off on FNV add-on probably until early- to mid-September probably.
- I'll hold off on the add-on locations then; I can do favorite radio stations or something to that effect.
What about a favorite Vault? 0-112 or something. A lot of choices, though. Lol
Amount of People voted
When you hold your mouse over the percent of people that have voted that option, the amount sometimes falls away. My idea is that the bar expands when you hold your mouse over it so that it fits.
~ Scribe Aurora 20:39, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
Request for a friend from the CoD wikiHe wants it to be Germanized. Thanks TWITA Love and tolerate 01:47, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
--* Wermacht. TWITA Love and tolerate 19:34, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
My Idea for A poll
Favorite wasteland hero? (e.g. The vault dweller, the courrier, chosen one etc.)
Hey Sam, I'm sick of waiting for an admin to pop up so I'll just leave these two here and you can deal with them when you get this message.
This one for adding rude stuff to pages
This one for making fake pages
Thank you very much. See ya around, Sam. 07:13, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
Base imageHERE YA GO! All hail the Almighty Fill Tool!]] 16:09, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
A 1000 comments!
Congratulations, Sam. You've accumulated 1000 comments on your weekly poll #13. Comparing Fallout 3 vs. FO1/2 and FNV was bound to get some serious interest. This has to give you some good inspiration to continue polling I'd think. Jspoel 14:55, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- The FNV pretty girls will also get a lot of votes I think. But do what you like best.
Renaming a page
I noticed earlier today the page Them's Good Eatin' has an error in the pages title, it should read Them's Good Eatin'
Is there a way I can fix this?
Yep, yep I am. And now it looks like I'm getting banned again. Well, ugh, OK, fair I guess. --TheFrolov 17:53, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I suppose you made it too real for me with the word idiot. Others (who shall remain nameless) are more cunning with their words.
- Allright, I read it another time and now I see your comment should more be interpreted as a sort of funny/snide reaction.
Hello Sam :)
You may have heard that The Vault's sister site, Fallout Answers, recently opted for Wikia to initiate an IP block, effectively blocking all IP addresses from editing pages for at least two weeks. In the time that I and the bureaucrat have, we would like to add upon the team over on the sister site.
At the moment, there are only two users with administrative privileges who regularly are online. In order to make the site more effective and efficient, I have been tasked with finding trusted users that can take some time (maybe 5-10 minutes) from their normal Wikia schedule to keep an eye on the site from time to time. This will potentially cut down on site traffic and allow "real" questions to be asked and answered in more depth. Through my past interactions with you, I feel that the bureaucrat and I can trust you with administrative privileges.
Which misc item do you frequently collect during your travels through the wasteland?
The list could include things such as baseballs, basketball, pool balls, nuka cola trucks, gnomes, harmonicas, chessboards, teddy bears, etc. Gary 42 21:02, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
How do you get blog posts on the news bar ?
i'm just wondering
Yo Sam why did you delete that page I was working on? Only reason I listed that it was undergoing maintenance was because I was working on it right now, and planned to have it finished within an hour or so. What was nonsense about it? GlassJAw667 05:42, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
It should still be a subcategory page then at a minimum. But hey, no harm, no foul. Just trying to make a decent contribution, I am still learning how to make/properly edit pages so I can put some work into the Creatures Projects. We good? :) GlassJAw667 05:42, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Delete blog post
Hey Sam, it appears someone with unauthorized access to my laptop posted a blog on my page without my permission. I didn't notice at first but a few people flamed the post and I admit I responded innappropriately at that time. Anyhow, I would like this blog post deleted if possible, as it doesn't look very good on my page. Trust me when I say passwords are in place and this will not be a recurring issue.
Thanks for your time. AFollower 07:27, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sam, you are an awesome person, and you deserve much praise. Thank you again. Still working on your pony, and it looks pretty good so far. :Pony of the East 16:47, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
Hewwo, this is your president asking for help
Hey sam i want to make a poll about who is going to be my vice president. and another one for general. can you help me?
idea 4 nex weaks poil
i have an idea 4 the next pol. how about like you put on the poll which locashun falot 4 shuld take plce in. :)
New Poll Idea
Idea for next weeks poll: Did you like Broken Steel extending beyond the end of the game? And as a second (related) question: Would you like to see DLC that would extend beyond the ending of Fallout: New Vegas? AFollower 07:25, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout Poll Ideas
Ideas for a poll:
Laser or Plasma?
YCS/186 or Alien Blaster?
Do you want a DLC that advances the main story of FO:NV?
Where might the next Fallout take place?
poll idea: Who would win in a fight? Boon or Jericho? My moneys on Jericho if this gets used.
Could you solve a, notably civil, dispute for me? The page in question is lever-action repeater from Fallout 3. I claimed that it was a henry repeater as it is obviously the same model as Lincoln's repeater. This is confirmed in the Lincoln’s repeater page as both the same model and as a Henry. Thus, if they are the same model and it was claimed by the devs to be a Henry, then I felt that it was fair to also add the fact that the lever-action repeater is a Henry, and that this was still in keeping with the Vault's rules on weapons.
Garoux, however, claims the following "I just consider the Lincoln Repeater as an exception to this rule since there is an actual reference to it in-game. The lever action rifle shares the same model, yet there isn't any true and defined way to compare it to a real-world counterpart. That and I don't believe it bypasses policy unless there's an in-game reference to that weapon also. My opinion anyways."
Is being rather buggy. Message 21:54, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Gah, this really is annoying. I'm fed up with all these collapses... Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Could I add this Video to the black mountain radio page?
That Sucks oh well you guys weren't worthy enough to enjoy it anyway
Not sure if this one has already been considered so I'll just go ahead and throw my two cents in anyways. I was thinking of something along the lines of "Who is your favorite (or annoying) temporary companion?" Fallout 3 examples - Shorty/Sydney/Cherry. Fallout(NV) examples - Deputy Beagle/Neil/Ranger Anders. Skål! 08:53, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Sam, I'm having issues with chat, it started yesterday when it seemed like everyone was having problems and it has persisted. I click to open chat and it remains blank (it has done this in the past but quickly caught up) and nothing happens. Just wondering if you have any suggestions as to what it could be/how to fix it? Thanks Miss Nicolletalk 09:02, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
Weekly Sonic song
I'm agreeing with the other people; a weekly Sonic song on the Fallout wiki doesn't make much sense to me. If you ask me, you could post a weekly Sonic song in a separate blog space, separate from the news, since it doesn't exactly pertain to Fallout. If people are liking it now, they can come to your blog and listen to it and comment on it. You could give some background on the song, like what episode it comes from, the context of it, etc. --Kastera (talk) 18:51, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
I think having your least favorite song would be a good idea, because I hate Johnny Guitar with a passion and it would be interesting to see which song or maybe which games soundtrack is least popular. --Cbulls 19:04, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
a very good pole idead would be which game do u like better the elder scrolls or fallout
I hope you wouldn't mind settling another dispute for me.
Hello again! I just felt that I should specify my opinion on both matters and see what mutual grounds we can reach. That Gun - I considered this speculation since it was stated to be modeled after a certain gun and yet it is also mentioned that it has considerable cosmetic differences as well as different ammunition used. How can it be the same gun with so many differences and without some sort of reference from whomever added it in? Malcolm Holmes - It is my opinion that someone dying before they reach you is not a bug. Skål! 19:25, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
Like I said in the summary, it's the most appropriate section for Malcolm and he isn't meant to die before reaching you. Also in the case of That Gun, it is based on the .223 pistol which is an exact copy of the gun from Blade Runner, literally a carbon copy. The only difference on That Gun is the lack of one trigger and possibly the LEDs. Honestly it would take something of a fool to believe the two have nothing to do with each other. Also as it isn't based on a real world weapon, the RWWR rule doesn't apply to it. -- 19:34, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
I recede my point from That Gun, but I must stay adament on the point of Malcolm Holmes. I hope you don't mind me bringing in another point of view. It just seems unnecessary to me since technically just about anyone with dialogue isn't supposed to die before you reach them or the other way around. Skål! 19:37, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Cartman!"
Thank you for your time! Skål! 19:40, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
Luckmann has been blocked previously for the use of the term "aryan race" -- racism. He was also previously warned to leave his racist ideology off The Vault. The pony avatar he created -- starkly white with blonde hair and an iron cross emblem -- coupled with the newly added "purebreed" term -- constitute the same racist statement as the use of the word "aryan" in conjunction with race. The use of the term "master race" in his pc-user userbox by itself would, of course, be fine, albeit in bad taste. However, in conjunction with the pony avatar and "purebreed" entry in the race field of the infobox, the use of the term "master race" shows that Luckmann is just trying to skirt the letter of the law. The guy is a known neo-nazi racist, and when you take all of this content together, it is clear that he is disregarding the instruction to leave his ideology out of things. I stand by my block.--Gothemasticator 16:25, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
Sonic and ponies? Really trying to hammer home that "I'm gay" thing, huh? You're doing a great job.
you could do a poll on favourite type of gun (bolt action, lever-action, semi auto ,full auto and so on).
Didn't Like the Song
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/tlikethesong.gif/ In a recent blog post, I posted a link to a song that relates to how I feel about the next Fallout DLC that's going to come out. Problem is, I received some unpleasant and unnecessary feedback, especially from the two anonymous people. I don't care if people don't like the song I put, but I expected people to either just ignore my post if they didn't like it or come up with something that contributes to the conversation and not just "No! No! No!" These posts are currently in the second page of the comment section. Can you keep an eye on the anonymous' IP addresses so they don't post anymore garbage? This incident is another reason why I think anonymous posting should be phased out. CoffeeShopFrank 08:49, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Last night I added jury rigging info to many items of clothing. I noticed that on the article that lists jury rigging items that certain items of clothing were used as examples of light armor. So are things like pre-war outfits, radiation suits et cetera light armor, or clothing? Almighty Higgey
- Ape got him. BILLYOCEAN 23:27, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
It's been a month...I'll promise to be good.--OmnipotentPotato 01:21, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I have lifted his block. It was almost 3 weeks ago you chatbanned him. Jspoel 01:31, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hey im new to this so i was wanting to know if you can tell me how to move it to your poll, if not can u maby just start it as a poll for me and just give me credit for the ideas i had?
Boldt Brojob Corderman
Yeah, I was being a drunken douche, I'm gonna sleep now. Just make it an 8 hour Ban, (If I even get up that soon) And I should be good, an day would just be excessive. Goodnight.
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Discord's personal fave... The Mare in the Moon 11:19, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
Lol, you have the most top rated comment on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33CocoMNn8&feature=related Recognized your username. --Unbroken Steel -Talk- 04:26, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
I've been permanently banned from the chat for the first offense. Wether this is an admin who holds a grudge against me, or whatever reason. I believe the chat mods should follow the examples. Getting banned while someone other is writing "U MAD BRO" repeatedly and other very well known trolling phrases without even a warning just because it's the mod's friend is pretty ridiculous. -Thermocrius
It's been well over three days now, and I would like to come back as a sober and contributing part of the fallout community please.--Boldt Brojob Corderman 20:04, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Need help for infoboxes in the Sandbox wiki
We need desperate help for the gamebryo infoboxes. if you like to help please go to the Fallout Sandbox wiki which can be accessed from my userpage and either go to the chat or leave The nemisisx a message. MrGazzo 12:25, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
can u add me back into the chat pleaze
Just a poll idea
OK so my idea for a poll question is this.
Do you ever use the Mojave Express drop boxes?
I know they are there but even in hardcore mode I never use them. I wonder if it is similar with other players.----Hyattsminion 14:29, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
Poll: What level 50 perk did you choose?
Hey I have an idea for a poll:
What would YOU do (not your character, YOU, assuming you can survive in the wasteland) for the Mojave Desert; NCR, Legion, House, Independent or even Brotherhood or Followers (although that's basically independent anyways).
Poll Idea #2.
Who would you like to see appear as the main antagonist in FO4?
- Super Mutant
~Other~ (Just specify in a comment section.) Skål! 03:26, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Ah, I've already left GhostAvatar a talk page message, but the issue was that the talk page for Ghosttro1 is basically insulting the administrators of this wiki. I thought maybe it would be better if it were removed. 01:45, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
Idea for a poll
Hey as an idea for a poll what if there was one on your preference of weapon, the options being; Regular Modded Unique
I thought about it an, What about a poll over everyones favorite head gear in the game? Like glasses and hats or helmets or just specific hats? --188.8.131.52 15:12, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
Congratz new employee
Sam, you win the latest poll. You are now the new head reasercher\ scientist for the enclave. ENCV 21:47, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
I want to know, how do you make your polls apear on the news page? ENCV 21:47, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
useless item poll idea
Favorite formerly useless item to collect once you installed a DLC. I am collecting cigs like a madman before I go in to Dead Money. GRPeng 18:24, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
You should make a poll that ask what is everyones' favorite Ink Spots, song is in the Fallout Series. I think this would be a decent poll due to the fact that the artist with the most appearences in the series is the Ink Spots.
Hey, I was wandering wear do you find the Firelance in Fallout 3? I know it could show up anywhere, but whats the most common place for it to spawn? MasterofMercs 19:18, October 18, 2011 (UTC)MasterofMercsMasterofMercs 19:18, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Did you make a mistake with your poll? It's mostly about Sonic. You've got the wrong wiki for that. Jspoel 03:46, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I see it now. I remember you discussed this with Ausir some months ago. The bombs will drop in exactly 66 years.
- Fallout day has passed. Can I ask you to close the commenting? It's been fun, but the similar Aprils Fools blog post commenting was closed even the same day. We're getting quite a bit of negative reactions and that's not promotion for this wiki. Jspoel 15:37, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Right. Well, it did get the people's attention. A few hundred comments in 1,5 day. Not bad.
Promotional crossover content
A large poll, of whom everyone sided with in New Vegas. I.e Yes Man, House, NCR, Legion. Thelonegunman61 17:52, October 25, 2011 (UTC)Thelonegunman61
What is your favorite armor class, and which in that class is your favorite set of armor? Charcoal121 00:37, October 30, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Sam, I'm running kind of low on poll ideas. I'm not dangerously low, but it would be nice to pad the idea area. Do you have any new ideas I could use or any ideas you wouldn't mind giving away? --Kastera (talk) 17:58, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
New poll idea
Sorry if it's already been thought of. But.
Favourite legendary creature?
- Legendary Nightstalker.
- Legendary Deathclaw.
- Legendary Cazador.
- Legendary Bloatfly. (My personal favourite.)
Yo, my ban is over, but I still can't access the chat. Please fix this. :) Gamerdude132 03:00, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Lifted the ban. Jspoel 05:27, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
A chat issue that crosses wikis
Recently I sent the laptop I used here to the shop so I've made my dell my new primary.
I can still edit, use talk, add pics, yada yada but what I can't do is chat.
Same issue over at the Sandbox Wiki.
Whenever I try to log on chat it says I'm loged onto another server & it closess the connection.
I would be grateful for any aid or advice to fix this issue.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here.. Again 13:40, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
OK Brother Sam thanks for yer time, must have been a glitch, all'z good now. SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here.. Again 02:39, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Darn you, I was planning on doing something will hardcore mode for my poll; something like your least favorite part about it (regulating FOD, H2O, SLP, ammo capacity, crippled limbs, etc.). Guess you beat me to it! --Kastera (talk) 23:45, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
Are you staying?
poll: how to
Hey Sam, just to ask, how do you make the poll's you do ( like the one about favorite weapon type, ETC.), cause I want to make one--Nikolai belenski 13:41, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
Danken (thanks) for the help Sam :D--Nikolai belenski 22:24, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
I know you're busy these days, but if you have the time can you check out this forum I put up? http://fallout.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Meeting_of_the_Minds&t=20120324195117 It's perfectly fine if you're not able to join us, I just wanted to let you know in-case you still lurk around here every now and again. :) Skål! 20:13, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Crazy sam between you and me, I am conducting a test, a test on reactions to prepare for the 7th grade, I probably should have contacted someone before I did but this is really unnecessary Skunk99999 (talk) 18:33, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Crazy sam, I was wondering if we could settle are differences and you could be a admin on my clan information wiki because you have experience and your somewhat of a friend to me even though I'm a jerk, and a pain in your butt Skunk99999 02:56, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
P.S I was wondering if you could get me a wiki CallofDuty4 is one so I could contact him
Also I'm just curious why is everyone so ticked off at me? I tried to contact madness and he blocked me on all his wikis, what did I do, and how am I harrasing people?Skunk99999 03:12, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
What do those acronyms mean?Skunk99999 03:15, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
So I will never be in cod chat again, I can't wait till I can go back to halo nationSkunk99999 03:30, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
I was really hoping everyone in chat was joking when they told me about what happened in chat earlier. I'm sorry to do this, but I am now forced to ban you for 2 weeks. I will also be forwarding a log to our bureaucrats with a request for your rights to be removed. To the contrary of what you stated in chat, we do have policies. And you broke them.
- You directly insulted multiple users in the chat room.
- Purposefully caused a disruption, by spreading around false truths and fighting everyone who had a differing opinion. (Which was silly in the first place, since we have chat logs to prove our points.)
- For disabling chat in an attempt to get back at us before leaving.
- I'm really sorry to do this, but we can not advocate this type of behaviour, especially from one of our Administrators. If you feel like talking this through, I will be more than happy to jump into private chat with you. Skål! 23:13, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Jspoelstra does not feel like a straight-up removal of your rights is appropriate, and so a group of the administration here have set up a "reconfirmation" vote. It can be found here and it would be appreciated if you could insert a defence in the section designated. Thanks =) --Skire (talk) 01:59, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- You can still edit your talkpage, so you can add your defense to your talkpage and one of the admins will place it on your reconfirmation thread. Jspoel 03:44, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
I admit disabling chat was a bit OTT of me, but I'd like to show you a log of the other admins insulting the VSTF user and making a scene out of the user's warning. http://pastebin.com/A0LEDvtg I will take the ban as I do believe I was overly rude, but I wanted you to have the full log, given I was not the only one to break policy, as is seen with users treatment of the VSTF member. I am willing to take my full ban. I just wanted to let you know all the details, I admit I was overly rude, however I too was armed with some logs, such as http://pastebin.com/qYDxqA5q and this image although I raised these as issues that have come to my notice I was told to either give up my admin rights, or do a better job. While I admit I was rude, I don't feel I was being giving an attitude in response that was putting me off said behaviour. While you have a log of some things I said, which I admit looking back are very bad, I feel that doing a reconfirmation request after one altercation is a bit much, especially given in the logs I've shown users are clearly insulting and attacking a VSTF member. If users feel that attacking a VSTF member is OK and speaking ones mind is not than I personally fail to see how the Wiki has improved since Cartman! left. I've heard from multiple users that have left the wiki, all of which bad things, I admit the way I said it was wrong, but all I wanted to do was say "shape up, I've heard nothing but complaints". I joined at a time when users were trying to fob off a VSTF member, and it was the two admins in chat giving him the biggest greivence, I even heard later these same users did the same to a staff member when he joined later on. In short I feel that the response I was getting to my behaviour as well as others users behaviour prior to my altercation was hardly preventing me from acting the way I did, users were being just as snide in response to what I said and sadly it ended in me disabling chat out of rage. I noticed it was Sigma whom stared the reconfirmation, which is interesting as he was the one at the forefront of insulting me about the fact I have been inactive. - Crazy sam10
- Added to page. Agent c (talk) 11:09, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I would like to add that I am indeed sorry for my behaviour, and I will take my ban as I feel it is fit, but please keep in mind you have asked me to defend my actions, this is why there is no prevalent apology in my defence response. I still feel throughout I was being taunted, and even in some comments I've read such as " Lead, follow, or get out of the way." still seem very taunting. I am sorry for my behaviour, and I do think it was unbecoming, however I do not feel that what I did was without provocation. - Crazy sam10
I'm sorry if you feel that "lead, Follow or get out of the way" is taunting, it isn't intended to be so. Ultimately Sam, from what I've been able to spot you have a lot of good characteristics, and maybe you even had good intentions when you joined in. However, if we accept what you seen to feel are problems are so, then ultimately who's job do you feel it is to champion that change. As someone in a leadership position, it's yours. Up until this point your sole way of dealing with the issue is to stay away - you chose to get out of the way.
Rather than a taunt, I mean it as a challenge. Dont get out of the way, Lead. If you think that's something needs improving, say so in the right way and campaign for change, cos nothing is going to get fixed through your current plan.
I hope this is taken in the sense I mean it, not as a taunt, but an invitation. The revolution may not be televised, but it won't happen at all if none starts the revolution; what policies do you feel are inadequate? What rules do you feel are missing? Etc. Agent c (talk) 12:53, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
Last time I tried that one, Chad, I was repeatedly taunted by another administrator to the point where I lashed out irrationally and we both lost our rights. Let's face it - a lot of prominent members on this Wiki aren't too happy with the prospect of change unless they're the ones behind the wheel. I have to take Sam's side here and agree that there are many issues with the current state of the Wiki in comparison to how it operated before the split - namely a general lack of professionalism and good manners from certain staff members oftentimes, and extreme double standards to the point where if you're in good graces with an administrator you can get off saying whatever you want.
Example: Recently, Denis spammed a blog post with a silly comment while logged out. His IP was banned and he logged back in to apologise on his talk page. Immediately his ban was reversed. Not right. 13:03, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm willing to admit I'm in the wrong and take my 2 week ban. However I'm going to try my best to defend what I did. If the community feels the way they do, then so be it, but I'm more than happy to serve my ban, I'm not going to debate out of that. Also adding on to Yes-Man's anecdote, please keep in mind my logs I've provided, other admins were not only insulting a VSTF member with the rude comment about what it stands for, but also insulting his position itself. I admit I'm at fault, but I'm just saying I wasn't the only one that day. I understand my activity has been low, but back when I was active I did do my best, however that was highly ignored, which was one of the reasons I eventually left. In my opinion I'd happily take a longer ban over losing rights, but at the end of the day it's not my choice to make. Please note I'm merely responded to my talk page and I do not want this on the reconfirmation page unless a user sees fit to quote it. 13:33, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Also I recently had this log brought to my attention:
- 5:44 Great Mara I missed what Sactage said earlier.
- 5:44 Telamon0506 That was weird that i said that.
- 5:44 Blud D Mess never Played Roblox
- 5:44 GarouxBloodline He was rather rude.
- 5:44 GarouxBloodline Came into our chat and started throwing accusations around.
- 5:44 Telamon0506 Go put a bag over your head and never take it off
- 5:44 GarouxBloodline So I put him in his place. :') - Main quote of attention
- 5:43 Great Mara That reminds me, I couldn't find CoD wiki's chat rules earlier.
- 5:43 GarouxBloodline Haha. I always wonder if I should join the CoD chat room.
14:31, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Could you explain the above? I don't see anything wrong with it. --Skire (talk) 14:38, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- You mean an admin claiming to have put a staff member "in his place". 14:40, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Could you explain the above? I don't see anything wrong with it. --Skire (talk) 14:38, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
I would point out Sam that Sactage came over in response to this issue over spilling onto the COD wiki - a fear caused by your post on Jspoels TP over there. Sactage demanded that we not allow this issue to overspill over there. Agent c (talk) 15:06, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
- My log refers to when Sactage was talking about the Fallout-Halo incident. Which I have heard due to his treatment is causing a change to the forum. (this one) 15:25, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
Yessie, I'll respond here and there. For me, Denis's spam wasn't, personally I thought it was a witty bit of satire on the F4/Apprentice Home viewer entries... A gun that shoots soup - lol. That said Favouritism shoudn't occur. I think we have made improvements in communication style - a certain disappointing recent event excluded I think we've seen some improvements in peoples communication styles, and most of the mod team use Gunny's templates now that I think are really professional. Change, especially in large groups, is always slow. Agent c (talk) 16:59, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
on the mess happening with chat right now
I support you and your actions, is there anything that can be done about the extremely raunchy behaviour and language that frequently occurs at the chat? I know you tried dismantling it but I forgive you for that and I think your intentions are pretty good here, is there A way I can help or anything, do what you can to not be revoked admins rights, you are literally mostly just being insulted because those folks feel guilty for their actions in chat! :) (Wildwes7g7 (talk) 06:56, August 28, 2012 (UTC))
Hello, Sam. I would like to alleviate your concern, involving that quote of mine you brought into light. I'm afraid that quote has been entirely taken out of context. I don't believe this is your fault though, so please don't take me saying that as accusatory. What I meant by that quote of mine, is that Sactage came into our chat instantly throwing around accusations and telling us what we could and could not do, without even knowing the facts of the situation(s) at hand. So I put him in his place. I told him that we'd respect his wishes, but he was not to come into my home wiki's chat and behave in the exuberantly rude way that he was. He refused to cooperate, at first, but he eventually took my message to heart and relaxed in his attitude. If he was the one who provided you with that quote, I would advise for you to have a sit-down with him, as he was not entirely honest with the events that led up to me saying that. I'd try convincing him for the rest of the logs if it was him who provided that quote. Skål! 07:07, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
Saving some timeYou may take off my rights for however long was decided. Perhaps in the future I will begin editing, but for now I can understand what I have done wrong and will take the punishment. For now I will let the dust settle and I wish the best for the future. Also I would prefer only getting a response telling me the action has been done, no need to turn my talk page into a drama scene. 01:57, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Sam, as you expected the community voted in favor of removing your rights. I'm sorry this happed this way. Maybe in the future you can reapply once the new game (ha!) comes out. You've always been a good editor, I just hope everything goes well with you.--Kingclyde (talk) 21:52, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'll keep an eye out
My alleged edit on the COD wiki
Sam, relatively? I'm almost the saint of the wikis I'd say :) It's an attempt to discredit me by someone I just blocked. He did the same thing on my XCOM wiki. Jspoel 17:49, April 26, 2014 (UTC)