| ||Archives: #1|
Hello! You've found my talk page. If I am not in chat, you can leave me a message here, and I will see it next time I am online. Please remember to sign your posts with ~~~~ and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. - Chris
Unban me.. 10:41 PM, June 13, 2013
Chris, I feel I need to clear some of the air with you. I'm not normally one for reading the logs, but its come to my attention you've some misinterpretations about some recent events.
- Firstly, with Eric. It isn't the Rape joke alone that he was banned for. It was that he took it to an entirely other level, and acted with complete disrespect to Guardian when he objected. Had I not have acted, I was informed by someone else they would have, and likely would have hit hawk with more than just a temp ban. As for Leon, I didn't see it in his comment, so he wasn't so much "let off", as it wasn't seen at the time.
- Second, the rest of the so-called bias I have because of Melo. There is no secret that the person who has made her life the hardest here is Liam. He solicited personal information on her from another user - so much so that the user he took that from feels so bad by it that he asked to be banned from the wiki. Liam recieved around a dozen warnings in a single 24 hour period, and even AFTER he was told about the blatant bias towards him I was showing he continued to push my buttons, seemingly at the time to goad me into trying to ban him. If anything, I have a bias AGAINST her because I refuse to act where she is involved.
- The fact is, had I wanted him gone, I could have banned him for needling Relics about his hat after countless final warnings. I could have wiki banned him when he expanded it to Rel's Talk page. I could have banned him again when talking about my aleged bias he made ANOTHER joke about Relic's hat. I could have made him the first person I am aware of banned for Chat Rule 4. If I am biased against him, and for Mel... Why isn't he banned?
- Perhaps instead of "is Chad Biased because of Mel", the question should be, "why did Liam continue pushing Chad to ban him - even after Chad told Liam he could have done it that many times on the same day and told Liam he wouldn't do it?" Some Banning and wining.
Call me biased all you like, but I have been against "Rape Jokes" for well over a year, and I have refused to act in any area where there is a conflict of interest even longer. I will not ban in any case where Mel is involved - for or against. I am not judging in the apprentice and announced my intention not to some weeks ago to contestants.
CC's Roleplaying WikiEdit
Slightly brighter topic this time around. Sorry if I seemed grumpy before, but you know, things were getting to me more than they should.
Right, to business. I've been thinking over the whole sister wiki thing. I'm looking at Fallout Answers first, and will start to add a Question of the Week from them, and see if we can get some of their stuff on our portals, etc.
But, was thinking about the others too. I know your Roleplaying wiki isnt an official sister, facing the whole chicken-and-egg problem with traffic, but I'd like to examine what we can maybe do anyway. Was discussing this with the chat guys and was maybe thinking a few RP events might do it. You organise it, we promote it, and hopefully get some folks to head your way.
Joke kick Edit
I was perfectly fine with the users making second accounts named "Excessive Dolan" and "Even more excessive dolan" and bringing them into chat. There's nothing in the rules against making second accounts or naming one of them after one of our policies. Joke kicking one of them though, even if it was under your control, is not acceptable. There is a policy against that. I would expect a chat moderator to understand and abide by our chat policies. Please do so in the future. 01:48, July 7, 2013 (UTC)
2 things Edit
According to the dictionary, gay means happy. Next time, don't jump the freakin' gun and assume I mean homosexual.
Want to apologise for exploding today, and my reaction. It because I care about what goes on with the wiki, and I care about the reputation it, and the chatroom have.
I think you're a good mod who's happy to let things go on when its the right thing to do, but aren't afraid to be serious when the time comes for it.
But I do care a lot about the reputation and the welcoming aspect of the chatroom. Its not as good as I remember... I dont know if its because I'm remembering something that didn't exist, or because I had on blinkers. I remember reading stories about how women were treated in games like COD and thinking "Im proud Nukapedia isnt like that", but then stuff happens to make me realise that just below the surface, its there.
I want chat to be a welcoming place for all - new, old, male, female, other, and whatever their background may be. I'd like your help in ensuring that we can be both a welcoming place for new folk, and still cater for the regulars too. I'd like your help in ensuring that we do have this kind of atmosphere. I'd love any suggestions you have. Agent c (talk) 03:13, August 20, 2013 (UTC)
Chat moderation responsibilitiesEdit
Unfortunately, after discussion with J and Clyde, we feel it necessary to remind you of the behavior that we expect from chat moderators:
- You are expected to treat all chat users with courtesy and respect. As extra rights holders of this community, your behavior is representative of Nukapedia as a whole, and it should represent that. We expect users to be able to experience chat in an environment where our chat mods are polite, respectful and, when needed, helpful. Chat moderators should never, in any instance, treat users in any way that could be construed as abusive or insulting, regardless of whether the user is in chat for the first time, comes to chat rarely or is a frequent user.
- You are expected to uphold all the chat rules (and site policies and Wikia ToU) as they are written and agreed upon by the community. You do not have the freedom to decide which rules to enforce and which not to. If you disagree with a rule or policy, you are still required to enforce them as written as long as they remain policy. If you refuse to enforce all the rules as written, you are not fulfilling your duties and the trust the community placed in you to moderate chat properly.
- You are expected to comport yourself in such a fashion that you never break any of the chat rules, site policies or Wikia ToU while in chat. Moderators that break the rules themselves, even if it's a rule you disagree with, set a bad example for others to break the rules, or confuse users over what is permissible. It is an abuse of powers to break the rules yourself while you enforce them on others.
- Your enforcement of the rules is expected to be fair and, most importantly, consistent. You can not show favoritism to any user over another when enforcement of rules applies. The rules apply to everyone: new users; old users; your friends; other moderators; and you, yourself. Showing favoritism by enforcing the rules unevenly confuses users over what is permissible and is a gross abuse of powers.
- You are expected to respect any other chat moderators, moderators, administrators and bureaucrats who are moderating chat. All these extra rights users are granted chat moderator rights by the community and are expected to use them properly when in chat. If you disagree with a decision made by another moderator or sysop, you should discuss it in PM, not in the main chat. Our moderators need to display consistent behavior and openly arguing with other moderators or sysops in chat is not acceptable under any circumstance, as it undermines a our overall enforcement of the chat rules. If you disagree with a decision by another chat moderator, which you have every right to, we expect you to voice those disagreements privately and come to a consensus, bringing in another moderator if needed, before any further actions.
- You are expected to work with all chat moderators, moderators, administrators and bureaucrats in chat. You are not, by the nature of being a moderator, solely responsible for chat. Chat moderation is a shared duty by all the moderators and sysops. Chat is not a domain where you have greater authority over any other moderator or sysop by the nature of you being a moderator or in chat more than they. All moderators and sysops are fully aware of the rules that apply in chat and have been trusted by the community with the tools to moderate it. Their decisions do not carry less weight in chat than yours.
- You are expected to understand that chat is not a separate domain. It is fully a part of this wiki, a tool used to facilitate communication between users of the wiki. Nukapedia chat is not some off-site chat room and you should not treat it as such.
Your behavior in chat must meet all the expectations outlined above. The rules and policies apply to us all, and apply evenly. You must understand that any violations of the chat rules, or abuse of your moderator powers, will result in the same enforcement all users are subject to. By the very nature of holding an extra rights position, your behavior must be above reproach. You are expected to implicitly understand this as a condition of accepting those rights. We appreciate your contributions to this wiki, your edits, your time and your ability to moderate chat, but your conduct and enforcement of the chat rules must meet these expectations. If you feel you can not fulfill these expectations, you will inform me immediately with a message on my talk page.
-- 23:19, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Enjoy! Don't worry, It's chocolate. -- A Safe People is a Strong People! 17:46, August 27, 2013 (UTC)
Happy Birthday Bb Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
I hope this is a birthday of many surprises, and want you to know how much neutrality I have towards you. <3 --TwoBearsHigh-Fiving 18:56, August 27, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, was wondering if you could take a look at This forum I've posted to replace our current gameplay help forums with links to the Fallout Answers wiki. Thanks. Agent c (talk) 11:25, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
Chat conduct guideline changesEdit
Hey Chris. In light of Saint Pain's chat ban and after some discussion with Leon and J I've decided to do some minor re-writes to the chat conduct guideline page. Basically what I'm looking to do is:
- Remove the current ban guidelines and give more leeway for mods to ban people on a case-by-case basis
- Add a provision for perma-banned users to appeal their ban immediately to a bureaucrat
There's a few other re-wordings and some stuff moved around, but those are the big things I think need need changing. You can find a draft here. Understand that adding the bureaucrat review is not to challenge your or any other mods authority, but simply makes the review neutral as opposed to a popularity contest (which in the case of a community vote it definitely can be). I included an original copy of the guideline so you can see the changes. Please let me know what you think and if this is something you support. sectatorapocalypsi 07:17, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Alert - Dec 4Edit
Checked my email and it says you added me on Google+. I wasn't even aware I had a Google+ account. xD Some Assembly Required! 22:23, December 3, 2013 (UTC)
Staff invitation to NotYEdit
Hi there. As you may or may not know, the 2013 Nukapedian of the Year contest is currently ongoing. A lack of integrity in the original polling format has spurred a change in the voting system used. Inevitably, this new system has seen significantly fewer voters participating. As such, we would like to extend an invitation for you to go participate in the voting. Directions and voting itself can be found here. Thanks! --Skire (talk) 04:28, December 4, 2013 (UTC)