| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13|
This is the Toaster... The Answering Machine can't come to the wiki right now. Please leave your message after the Pop...Edit
(Before posting, please play the music)
Office Hours: I am currently studying for exams, and as such my access is sporadic. Your assistance during this busy time by referring requests to other administrators is appreciated.
I am currently in Timezone: GMT
If you don't see me about, or in chat in these times, drop a note here and I'll probably come running
Just been real busy. Redoing the landscaping at the new house, working on the old car while buying a new one and starting the busy season at work are taking up just about all my free time. So little time, so many cigars... 03:31, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- If you're talking about the custom site notification popups, I made a blog with instructions: User blog:The Gunny/Admin talk - Creating and sending custom community messages 21:30, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
You've looked into the futureEdit
I didn't have a conflict that I knew of, but now I do with Jasper. I'll take another look at it tomorrow. About those cats, that would be such a major overhaul, look at the Fallout, Fallout 2 characters and Fallout 3 characters, they're all double-listed unlike the Fallout: New Vegas characters. There are more examples I think. Also has to do with what's best for the appearance and accessiblity when using the app. Jspoel 00:40, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
It seems it has been far too long since I last left a message on this talkpage. Hopefully one day soon I can get back to it. I really hope so...
Anyways, I just thought I'd make you aware of my response to my reconfirmation, found here. You're free to do whatever you need to do from this point.
I don't know how he does it, but I'm not getting anything. No IP-adress, nothing. Best to wait it out then and see if he makes a mistake. Jspoel 17:35, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Cannot enter chat bug Edit
Hello Chad, is it just me or seems like someone's blocking the path to the heaven. I cannot enter chat. I'm not sure if this problem's only affecting me, probably others as well. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 04:21, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
E3 meeting chatEdit
What time (Amsterdam) am I expected to be in chat for the E3 discussion? Jspoel 18:09, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Could there be a mistake in the forum? You say 1700 US eastern, 2000 British Summer Time. But there's about a 5 or 6 hours difference, not 3. Jspoel 18:15, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Should be ok though. Mostly American attendees anyway. Jspoel 18:18, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
We've got something big happening right now on the Bethsoft site! A countdown screen, counting down from 24 hours. Can I call on you as our news anchor man? Maybe separate blog. Jspoel 14:58, June 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hello sir Chad, I've been thinking after seeing the recent activities, I wonder whats with this user's sandbox for. It might seem out of ordinary but I had a hunch about it, if you could just checked it out later. Thanks. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 10:22, June 5, 2015 (UTC)
Dear Chad, Edit
Apologies for replying so late (been busy exercising, reading and tending to the family) - I'll actually thank you for doing me that solid. I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors and farewell.
Sincerely yours, TheOracle7.
P.S. You said 'Since as you've told me many times you have "better things to do", I'm going to give you this assistance in getting away from us, and going to do those instead' which I found rather bizarre, since it's quite evident that you weren't doing this for those who visit this Wiki's chat, but yourself (come on Chad, we both know I'm right on this).
And of course I'll also put that you're a very charismatic person and have the potential for diplomatic-situations, however I'm afraid that when "push comes to shove" in more physical-confrontations you'll be as utterly useless as senseless-possessions (this was obvious, when you mistaken a insult for a threat and made such a fuss about it that LovelyCassie came to your "aid" along with Energy X - when you're a legally grown man and allowing a woman to come to your "rescue", it speaks volumes on how much of pussy you really are at the end of the day, while your two colleagues are the authentically-masculine ones - especially LovelyCassie).
You know why I'm not so intimidated by the likes of you Mods and Admins right? Cause I know for a fact that one day I'll be back with a new email, account and I'll virtually come when you least expect it (a slim few wonders of the internet). Lastly, sorry for responding so late, yet I felt you were worth the latest reply I could muster up tubby (seriously though, how are you going to tell me months to get off of my backside, when it's as clear as day that you're the one that should be doing that, before you go and have diabetes or a heart attack one day clowning around with poor eating habit).
Just ban me and don't you even dare leave a pm or any of your mooks (you may if you'd like, though I promise you it will be left unread by yours truly cause I can honestly say without a doubt that I'm not interested in what you have to say to me anymore).
You appear to be on, so I will go ahead and send this info your way:
You should look into GStaff for a rather interesting detail in regards to Fallout 4. He says, and I quote: "It is not coming to 360 or PS3, the stuff we're doing will never work there." 18.104.22.168 02:28, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
It's a surprise Edit
Since the message is the same to all of the bureaucrats (aside from my message to J), I figure I will go ahead and copy my main point from Clyde's talk-page, onto yours.
First of all, I want to apologize for not being able to log-in right now - this is Leon, for the record. I am wondering if you will be free next week? I do not have an exact date, yet, but there is something rather important I want to discuss with the bureaucrats, and I think this is something that you all will want to hear out. Nothing bad - I promise.
This discussion will not be restricted to the bureaucrat team, but the discussion we have will determine whether or not I bring what I have to the community. I really would appreciate it if you could make it, and I will make sure to give you a proper date as soon as I can if you agree.
You might see that last part as insincere, due to our history, but the fact is that this is an exciting time for the wiki, and this is a time for all of us to work together and bring the Fallout community together.
Thanks in advance - take your time figuring out your answer/schedule, as my own schedule is shaky, which means I could be here later today, or it might take me a few days to be able to check back in. 22.214.171.124 06:51, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- If you think that is best, then I will consider that option. However, I should note that I did not choose this route because I value the 'crats' opinions over everyone else. I decided to travel this route, because what I have to say, is extensive to the point that even if it were just us that got together, there would still be a document that I have written out, which will also be released to the public, that you all would be read outside of the discussion in order to get a proper Q&A set up in chat.
- I am not entirely sure how that would work with so many extra people involved, instead of a small group. But I am open to opinions on the matter. 126.96.36.199 07:57, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay; I believe I have a system set up, should my proposal be accepted. Since there is an established time-line for the meeting, I s'pose it would be an expected courtesy from me to go ahead and explain my proposal in advance, so that it can be prepared for in the planned agenda.
- It is way too early in the morning for me, and I currently cannot be arsed to finish the necessary document. However, I will go ahead and send everything your way later today. 188.8.131.52 08:13, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- The past is the past.
- The truth is, I fully intend to return. Maybe not in the same capacity as before, but the editing itch has come back with this reveal trailer, and I consider that more important to me than the politics.
- As for my intent, I have already put my proposal out for the wiki to see, as Peace has noted. Privacy is not something I care about, as what I have in mind involves quite a few other communities, and you will see that a friendly and fair competition is not something with a terrible secret behind it. That includes the two things that I want in return, and you will see that I make no attempt to beat around the bush, as I feel that I am being quite reasonable. I say reasonable, since I have placed a lot of my own money and time on the line, to help give the Fallout community some fun, and the chance to win prizes. Take that as you will. 184.108.40.206 00:08, June 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Can I get a clarification over my sandbox? I would rather not impose, but the picture being drawn in-front of me, is that you are the one to approve proposals for the meeting's agenda. If the meeting ends up not being the medium that I need to use, then I need to know that sooner rather than later, as aside from Nukapedia, I only have one other community that I need to wrap up before I can get the competition officially rolling later in the week.
- If you need a couple/few days to think it over, just let me know. As long as I have something solid to add to my schedule, I will be content. 220.127.116.11 03:07, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I was asked by GarouxBloodline where he should add his suggestion for the agenda, I told him to put it under the suggestion/comment section in the mean time of you as organizer of the meeting taking it in consideration for adding it to the agenda. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 18:22, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
I just am not sure, is all, since I was not around for the first meeting. I was told, though, that you are the organizer, and seeing the list that I was forwarded to by Peace, it seemed to be an expected courtesy to have a proposal accepted into the agenda, first.
If I am wrong in that deduction, just let me know, and I will go ahead and start collecting my thoughts for the upcoming meeting. Also, I am hoping to get a rating of importance, in regards to other topics/proposals that will be brought up. While these types of competitions have been important in the past, I would prefer not taking up too much time early on, when there are likely to be other just as important/more important discussions that need to be had first.
These are the last questions I have, until the meeting starts. 18.104.22.168 03:17, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright - that makes sense. If that is the case, then I will keep my proposal on the back-burner until the discussions start moving into the realms of community content. 22.214.171.124 03:30, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I was hoping I would be an exception; but at the same time, I cannot expect any different as I know I would have removed anything similar.
Ah, well - I will have to come back in later this week and cast a proper vote. 126.96.36.199 04:14, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
sup agent c
- did u like my blog —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rowanace (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
E3 gamneplay confirmed Edit
I'm not sure about those promotional items i just created/uploaded. Found it on the dutch Fallout twitter. Does it look legit to you? Jspoel 17:26, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
- If you click on the picture, it appears to have been posted by "Addicted to Fallout", which says "#Fallout4 news & rumors. Follow us to get your daily does of #Fallout." Might be fan-made, I could have sworn I saw that exact image on r/Fallout last week... DRAEVAN13 17:33, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
- It's handled. So never mind. Jspoel 18:05, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
I dont want to Edit
I dont want to argue, but Paladin117 is hellbent on having an arguement, winning it, and proving that what he was saying was right. I wanted to have a discussion abotu the possibility of the poster as a new form of leveling and the pros and cons of such a system. But Paladin117 started arguing form his very first post for no reason at all, refusing to use even a slight amount of thought towards my comments. ralok (talk) 01:40, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
No, I did it. It's the code Slider2k made that changed the bullets from square to round. Some of that new code caused the slider images to move down. I asked Slider2k but he doesn't answer. So I asked Digital, who is active since a few days again. Jspoel 20:15, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
Two days left for the E3 trailer. Fallout's booming again (we're back in Wikia's top 5 now). I presume you're creating a live blog again Sunday? Can you add a link to my forum at the top of that blog? It's about things involving new content. With the last trailer it was so much work to correct everything, layouts, images, I had to check every page. I hope that these household rules will help. Jspoel 15:59, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
Why did you add the colon between Fallout and Shelter? From what I can see on the video it's Fallout Shelter. Important because a lot of pages will be created on it and need to be disambiguated. Game looks great, doesn't it? Busy time ahead. Jspoel 15:13, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
E3 Nominee Edit
Heya :) Hope you've been enjoying the E3 coverage of Fallout — and all those other games. Just wanted to drop by and let you know — so you could pass on the info to other admin and users — that Fallout 4 is one of the five finalists in the E3 Game of Show competition! As such, I've added a tiny banner in the right rail of the front page. If you click it, you'll go to the E3 voting page. Hopefully, you'll be able to enourage people to vote so that Fallout 4 can win!
And don't worry: the banner isn't a permanent fixture. It's only going to be around for a bit less than 48 hours. Thanks
Wikia Wide PromotionEdit
Hi Agent C,
Considering the magnitude of the Fallout 4 release and everything that has transpired during E3, we wanted to ask if you and the other admins would be interested in this opportunity:
As part of our effort to connect fans with the Fallout saga they love, we are working with sponsors and partners to place certain content on fan communities.
This content could be, for example, trailers or behind-the-scenes videos and would live in a prominent place on all of the pages of your community. The placement is temporary (~2-4 weeks) and is only done with admin consent. This is a great way to get content that is relevant and interesting to existing fans as well as drive new fans to your Wikia community!
Here are a couple examples of what this could look like; Witcher Wiki(its the image/text above the mainpages slider). What do you think?
I can contact other admins if you like or you can also ask them to take a look at this and you all can decide for yourself,
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
- Hey Agent C,
That was quick :D Unfortunately, us Wikians all have the weekend off. I can give you some more information, albeit its not much.
"Timing would be late Q3-Q4. Release date is November 10th so it would most likely start a week or so before that."
Again, this is something that may or may NOT happen even if you do approve the initiative. If you like I can contact the other active Bcrats or maybe attend another all-hands sometime during a weekday in the future?
- Cool beans! Let me know whenever you have time. Great work with the Wiki so far... I know it's a lot of work and stress!
Changed Portal logosEdit
We needed to add the Fallout Shelter portal, so I combined FoBoS and Canceled to make room. Also rearranged them, looks more centered and noticable to me. Wiki-navigation is just a problem of too little room for words on that banner. Shelter fits, Fallout Shelter doesn't and makes the next column disappear. Five or so letters too many. I'm ok with what Knakveey has in mind btw, if I'm not there Saturday. Jspoel 23:10, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Don't understand. You can just edit the the wiki-navigation by clicking on Contribute in the top right corner, then Edit Wiki Navigation. Then you have a free hand in what you want to do. Jspoel 23:14, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Ayy Oh! New Wikia Editor here! (NUN Sign Up) Edit
Like Brand spanking new, made a few edits and read a few guides already, been using this wiki for five years now, thought it might be time to give back, but I don't want to take away when I'm trying to give, so I thought I would sign up for this. Thanks in advance, and I ate your toast, don't worry i put more bread in!
I want to be like that (the FOS spot):
**[[Fallout Shelter|Shelter]] ***[[Fallout Shelter characters|Characters]] ***[[Fallout Shelter armor and clothing|Outfits]] ***[[Fallout Shelter rooms|Rooms]] ***[[Fallout Shelter weapons|Weapons]] ***[[Fallout Shelter FAQ|FAQ]] ***[[Fallout Wiki:Fallout Shelter pages|Project]]
This last one just if be allowed.
PS:It's on basic formatation that I learned on the Portuguese Wiki.
- There is an issue with the games in the Canceled of the navbar. The iPhone canceled game page is the same from shelter. Lincoln Speak! June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Patroller Rights Edit
As was determined in today's meeting, a few changes in my sandbox became necessary, and said changes have now been made. It was also determined that the bureaucrats should read over the changes, making sure that everything is up to Nukapedia's standards, before coming to a collective decision as to whether or not I can bring this competition up for community consideration.
It was proposed to me in the meeting, since my prizes are all Bethesda-related, that I should reach out to Bethesda to see if they are willing to endorse/help cover the costs of some of the prizes, in order to help establish legitimacy and help draw in additional attention. I have already sent a message out, and should they answer, I will be updating all communities involved with this competition immediately.
In the meantime, please take this sandbox into consideration, and get back with me at your earliest convenience (before the 25th would be for the best, since I do have other involved communities to take into consideration). Thank you for your time. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:41, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Just an update that I need an answer by tonight/early tomorrow. I have already put off the competition for over 2-weeks, and with the competition spanning over months, with Fallout 4 allegedly coming out in November of this year, I cannot afford to spend too much more of that time waiting around.
- If I get approval here, I can afford one more week, in regards to getting a community forum started and a consensus gained. In the case where a consensus can be reached, I can be ready to immediately have Nukapedia involved, and the competition started. Thank you for your time and consideration. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 14:55, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
Ok sure, i'll start right away. But one question is, how would I rename the file? I've tried to rename the exact file but it doesn't seem to work --Giler252 - Vault Seeker (talk) 02:23, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding the reference library Edit
So Kern got me to revive the citation project and I began by spending a half hour to compose a useful reference library for Fallout.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User:The_Ever_Ruler/sandbox5 - is the prototype
I figured I'd contact you because I'd be changing something that was wholly your doing, to pick your brain, to bring to your attention that there are fewer holodisk dialogue files than there are supposed holodisks and notes, and because I want an excuse to not stock the other sections of the library at this moment.
Depending on your response I might start doing-first-and-asking-for-forgiveness-later but that's only because I feel that's the only way it can be done. Whatever the course, take it easy and happy editing. --The Ever Ruler (talk) 19:50, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
It is fine - I had a replacement in-place just in-case. However, I would still like to give Nukapedians a chance to participate: would it be okay to have a blog detailing where Nukapedians can go to get officially involved? User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:39, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
- That works, then. There are 6 different communities involved, all will be accepting 20 entries each. Additional entries will also still be welcome, as we will have underdog and community votes to help determine additional winners. So if anyone misses their window of opportunity in any one community, they will be free to try their luck at the next one.
- Right now, only The Nerd Lair has a head-start on the competition, although Fallout Fanatics and The Vault will follow shortly. By the end of this month, every involved community will be accepting entries. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:56, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
I'll need few pages to be renamed because they have references or other guns with same name in Fallout Shelter.
- Ol' Painless to Ol' Painless (Fallout 3)
- Infiltrator (weapon) to Infiltrator (Fallout 3)
- Victory rifle to Victory rifle (Fallout 3)
- Lincoln's repeater to Lincoln's repeater (Fallout 3)
- Blackhawk to Blackhawk (Fallout 3)
- Destabilizer to Destabilizer (Fallout 3)
- Smuggler's End to Smuggler's End (Fallout 3)
- Vengeance to Vengeance (Fallout 3)
- Miss Launcher to Miss Launcher (Fallout 3)
- Wazer Wifle to Wazer Wifle (Fallout 3)
Relax. It's just a few standard headers and ok, the text is pretty much the same, though I did use the icons from our own weapon pages. No need to use the f* word. Jspoel 19:33, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
Main page's slider Edit
Hey C don't you want to use the image of "Please stand by" that was on the annoucement of Fallout 4? Cause you can get it on the section on my user page if you want.
Mass Recom: RevolationsEdit
Friendly reminder; you said ""A month after the announcement of the next Fallout game we will review the situation of those who have promised to return.". Fallout 4 was announced on the third of last month, it has been a month so it is time for whatever comes next.
(Source: Forum:Mass reconfirmation of inactive admins and moderators#Result).
JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 18:21, July 4, 2015 (UTC)