| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13|
This is the Toaster... The Answering Machine can't come to the wiki right now. Please leave your message after the Pop...Edit
(Before posting, please play the music) (#px, how far down the music player is on the page from other things, example: 108px)embed/videoseries?list=PLIF4HeEZ06bvaBCO6wfC2SJ8-2buc3WlZ;hl=en_US0
Office Hours: I am currently studying for exams, and as such my access is sporadic. Your assistance during this busy time by referring requests to other administrators is appreciated.
I am currently in Timezone: GMT
If you don't see me about, or in chat in these times, drop a note here and I'll probably come running
Just been real busy. Redoing the landscaping at the new house, working on the old car while buying a new one and starting the busy season at work are taking up just about all my free time. So little time, so many cigars... 03:31, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- If you're talking about the custom site notification popups, I made a blog with instructions: User blog:The Gunny/Admin talk - Creating and sending custom community messages 21:30, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
You've looked into the futureEdit
I didn't have a conflict that I knew of, but now I do with Jasper. I'll take another look at it tomorrow. About those cats, that would be such a major overhaul, look at the Fallout, Fallout 2 characters and Fallout 3 characters, they're all double-listed unlike the Fallout: New Vegas characters. There are more examples I think. Also has to do with what's best for the appearance and accessiblity when using the app. Jspoel 00:40, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
It seems it has been far too long since I last left a message on this talkpage. Hopefully one day soon I can get back to it. I really hope so...
Anyways, I just thought I'd make you aware of my response to my reconfirmation, found here. You're free to do whatever you need to do from this point.
I don't know how he does it, but I'm not getting anything. No IP-adress, nothing. Best to wait it out then and see if he makes a mistake. Jspoel 17:35, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Cannot enter chat bug Edit
Hello Chad, is it just me or seems like someone's blocking the path to the heaven. I cannot enter chat. I'm not sure if this problem's only affecting me, probably others as well. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 04:21, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
E3 meeting chatEdit
What time (Amsterdam) am I expected to be in chat for the E3 discussion? Jspoel 18:09, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Could there be a mistake in the forum? You say 1700 US eastern, 2000 British Summer Time. But there's about a 5 or 6 hours difference, not 3. Jspoel 18:15, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Should be ok though. Mostly American attendees anyway. Jspoel 18:18, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
We've got something big happening right now on the Bethsoft site! A countdown screen, counting down from 24 hours. Can I call on you as our news anchor man? Maybe separate blog. Jspoel 14:58, June 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hello sir Chad, I've been thinking after seeing the recent activities, I wonder whats with this user's sandbox for. It might seem out of ordinary but I had a hunch about it, if you could just checked it out later. Thanks. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 10:22, June 5, 2015 (UTC)
Dear Chad, Edit
Apologies for replying so late (been busy exercising, reading and tending to the family) - I'll actually thank you for doing me that solid. I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors and farewell.
Sincerely yours, TheOracle7.
P.S. You said 'Since as you've told me many times you have "better things to do", I'm going to give you this assistance in getting away from us, and going to do those instead' which I found rather bizarre, since it's quite evident that you weren't doing this for those who visit this Wiki's chat, but yourself (come on Chad, we both know I'm right on this).
And of course I'll also put that you're a very charismatic person and have the potential for diplomatic-situations, however I'm afraid that when "push comes to shove" in more physical-confrontations you'll be as utterly useless as senseless-possessions (this was obvious, when you mistaken a insult for a threat and made such a fuss about it that LovelyCassie came to your "aid" along with Energy X - when you're a legally grown man and allowing a woman to come to your "rescue", it speaks volumes on how much of pussy you really are at the end of the day, while your two colleagues are the authentically-masculine ones - especially LovelyCassie).
You know why I'm not so intimidated by the likes of you Mods and Admins right? Cause I know for a fact that one day I'll be back with a new email, account and I'll virtually come when you least expect it (a slim few wonders of the internet). Lastly, sorry for responding so late, yet I felt you were worth the latest reply I could muster up tubby (seriously though, how are you going to tell me months to get off of my backside, when it's as clear as day that you're the one that should be doing that, before you go and have diabetes or a heart attack one day clowning around with poor eating habit).
Just ban me and don't you even dare leave a pm or any of your mooks (you may if you'd like, though I promise you it will be left unread by yours truly cause I can honestly say without a doubt that I'm not interested in what you have to say to me anymore).
You appear to be on, so I will go ahead and send this info your way:
You should look into GStaff for a rather interesting detail in regards to Fallout 4. He says, and I quote: "It is not coming to 360 or PS3, the stuff we're doing will never work there." 188.8.131.52 02:28, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
It's a surprise Edit
Since the message is the same to all of the bureaucrats (aside from my message to J), I figure I will go ahead and copy my main point from Clyde's talk-page, onto yours.
First of all, I want to apologize for not being able to log-in right now - this is Leon, for the record. I am wondering if you will be free next week? I do not have an exact date, yet, but there is something rather important I want to discuss with the bureaucrats, and I think this is something that you all will want to hear out. Nothing bad - I promise.
This discussion will not be restricted to the bureaucrat team, but the discussion we have will determine whether or not I bring what I have to the community. I really would appreciate it if you could make it, and I will make sure to give you a proper date as soon as I can if you agree.
You might see that last part as insincere, due to our history, but the fact is that this is an exciting time for the wiki, and this is a time for all of us to work together and bring the Fallout community together.
Thanks in advance - take your time figuring out your answer/schedule, as my own schedule is shaky, which means I could be here later today, or it might take me a few days to be able to check back in. 184.108.40.206 06:51, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- If you think that is best, then I will consider that option. However, I should note that I did not choose this route because I value the 'crats' opinions over everyone else. I decided to travel this route, because what I have to say, is extensive to the point that even if it were just us that got together, there would still be a document that I have written out, which will also be released to the public, that you all would be read outside of the discussion in order to get a proper Q&A set up in chat.
- I am not entirely sure how that would work with so many extra people involved, instead of a small group. But I am open to opinions on the matter. 220.127.116.11 07:57, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay; I believe I have a system set up, should my proposal be accepted. Since there is an established time-line for the meeting, I s'pose it would be an expected courtesy from me to go ahead and explain my proposal in advance, so that it can be prepared for in the planned agenda.
- It is way too early in the morning for me, and I currently cannot be arsed to finish the necessary document. However, I will go ahead and send everything your way later today. 18.104.22.168 08:13, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- The past is the past.
- The truth is, I fully intend to return. Maybe not in the same capacity as before, but the editing itch has come back with this reveal trailer, and I consider that more important to me than the politics.
- As for my intent, I have already put my proposal out for the wiki to see, as Peace has noted. Privacy is not something I care about, as what I have in mind involves quite a few other communities, and you will see that a friendly and fair competition is not something with a terrible secret behind it. That includes the two things that I want in return, and you will see that I make no attempt to beat around the bush, as I feel that I am being quite reasonable. I say reasonable, since I have placed a lot of my own money and time on the line, to help give the Fallout community some fun, and the chance to win prizes. Take that as you will. 22.214.171.124 00:08, June 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Can I get a clarification over my sandbox? I would rather not impose, but the picture being drawn in-front of me, is that you are the one to approve proposals for the meeting's agenda. If the meeting ends up not being the medium that I need to use, then I need to know that sooner rather than later, as aside from Nukapedia, I only have one other community that I need to wrap up before I can get the competition officially rolling later in the week.
- If you need a couple/few days to think it over, just let me know. As long as I have something solid to add to my schedule, I will be content. 126.96.36.199 03:07, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I was asked by GarouxBloodline where he should add his suggestion for the agenda, I told him to put it under the suggestion/comment section in the mean time of you as organizer of the meeting taking it in consideration for adding it to the agenda. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 18:22, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
I just am not sure, is all, since I was not around for the first meeting. I was told, though, that you are the organizer, and seeing the list that I was forwarded to by Peace, it seemed to be an expected courtesy to have a proposal accepted into the agenda, first.
If I am wrong in that deduction, just let me know, and I will go ahead and start collecting my thoughts for the upcoming meeting. Also, I am hoping to get a rating of importance, in regards to other topics/proposals that will be brought up. While these types of competitions have been important in the past, I would prefer not taking up too much time early on, when there are likely to be other just as important/more important discussions that need to be had first.
These are the last questions I have, until the meeting starts. 188.8.131.52 03:17, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright - that makes sense. If that is the case, then I will keep my proposal on the back-burner until the discussions start moving into the realms of community content. 184.108.40.206 03:30, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I was hoping I would be an exception; but at the same time, I cannot expect any different as I know I would have removed anything similar.
Ah, well - I will have to come back in later this week and cast a proper vote. 220.127.116.11 04:14, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
sup agent c
- did u like my blog —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rowanace (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
E3 gamneplay confirmed Edit
I'm not sure about those promotional items i just created/uploaded. Found it on the dutch Fallout twitter. Does it look legit to you? Jspoel 17:26, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
- If you click on the picture, it appears to have been posted by "Addicted to Fallout", which says "#Fallout4 news & rumors. Follow us to get your daily does of #Fallout." Might be fan-made, I could have sworn I saw that exact image on r/Fallout last week... DRAEVAN13 17:33, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
- It's handled. So never mind. Jspoel 18:05, June 9, 2015 (UTC)
I dont want to Edit
I dont want to argue, but Paladin117 is hellbent on having an arguement, winning it, and proving that what he was saying was right. I wanted to have a discussion abotu the possibility of the poster as a new form of leveling and the pros and cons of such a system. But Paladin117 started arguing form his very first post for no reason at all, refusing to use even a slight amount of thought towards my comments. ralok (talk) 01:40, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
No, I did it. It's the code Slider2k made that changed the bullets from square to round. Some of that new code caused the slider images to move down. I asked Slider2k but he doesn't answer. So I asked Digital, who is active since a few days again. Jspoel 20:15, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
Two days left for the E3 trailer. Fallout's booming again (we're back in Wikia's top 5 now). I presume you're creating a live blog again Sunday? Can you add a link to my forum at the top of that blog? It's about things involving new content. With the last trailer it was so much work to correct everything, layouts, images, I had to check every page. I hope that these household rules will help. Jspoel 15:59, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
Why did you add the colon between Fallout and Shelter? From what I can see on the video it's Fallout Shelter. Important because a lot of pages will be created on it and need to be disambiguated. Game looks great, doesn't it? Busy time ahead. Jspoel 15:13, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
E3 Nominee Edit
Heya :) Hope you've been enjoying the E3 coverage of Fallout — and all those other games. Just wanted to drop by and let you know — so you could pass on the info to other admin and users — that Fallout 4 is one of the five finalists in the E3 Game of Show competition! As such, I've added a tiny banner in the right rail of the front page. If you click it, you'll go to the E3 voting page. Hopefully, you'll be able to enourage people to vote so that Fallout 4 can win!
And don't worry: the banner isn't a permanent fixture. It's only going to be around for a bit less than 48 hours. Thanks
Wikia Wide PromotionEdit
Hi Agent C,
Considering the magnitude of the Fallout 4 release and everything that has transpired during E3, we wanted to ask if you and the other admins would be interested in this opportunity:
As part of our effort to connect fans with the Fallout saga they love, we are working with sponsors and partners to place certain content on fan communities.
This content could be, for example, trailers or behind-the-scenes videos and would live in a prominent place on all of the pages of your community. The placement is temporary (~2-4 weeks) and is only done with admin consent. This is a great way to get content that is relevant and interesting to existing fans as well as drive new fans to your Wikia community!
Here are a couple examples of what this could look like; Witcher Wiki(its the image/text above the mainpages slider). What do you think?
I can contact other admins if you like or you can also ask them to take a look at this and you all can decide for yourself,
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
- Hey Agent C,
That was quick :D Unfortunately, us Wikians all have the weekend off. I can give you some more information, albeit its not much.
"Timing would be late Q3-Q4. Release date is November 10th so it would most likely start a week or so before that."
Again, this is something that may or may NOT happen even if you do approve the initiative. If you like I can contact the other active Bcrats or maybe attend another all-hands sometime during a weekday in the future?
- Cool beans! Let me know whenever you have time. Great work with the Wiki so far... I know it's a lot of work and stress!
Changed Portal logosEdit
We needed to add the Fallout Shelter portal, so I combined FoBoS and Canceled to make room. Also rearranged them, looks more centered and noticable to me. Wiki-navigation is just a problem of too little room for words on that banner. Shelter fits, Fallout Shelter doesn't and makes the next column disappear. Five or so letters too many. I'm ok with what Knakveey has in mind btw, if I'm not there Saturday. Jspoel 23:10, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Don't understand. You can just edit the the wiki-navigation by clicking on Contribute in the top right corner, then Edit Wiki Navigation. Then you have a free hand in what you want to do. Jspoel 23:14, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Ayy Oh! New Wikia Editor here! (NUN Sign Up) Edit
Like Brand spanking new, made a few edits and read a few guides already, been using this wiki for five years now, thought it might be time to give back, but I don't want to take away when I'm trying to give, so I thought I would sign up for this. Thanks in advance, and I ate your toast, don't worry i put more bread in!
I want to be like that (the FOS spot):
**[[Fallout Shelter|Shelter]] ***[[Fallout Shelter characters|Characters]] ***[[Fallout Shelter armor and clothing|Outfits]] ***[[Fallout Shelter rooms|Rooms]] ***[[Fallout Shelter weapons|Weapons]] ***[[Fallout Shelter FAQ|FAQ]] ***[[Fallout Wiki:Fallout Shelter pages|Project]]
This last one just if be allowed.
PS:It's on basic formatation that I learned on the Portuguese Wiki.
- There is an issue with the games in the Canceled of the navbar. The iPhone canceled game page is the same from shelter. Lincoln Speak! June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Patroller Rights Edit
As was determined in today's meeting, a few changes in my sandbox became necessary, and said changes have now been made. It was also determined that the bureaucrats should read over the changes, making sure that everything is up to Nukapedia's standards, before coming to a collective decision as to whether or not I can bring this competition up for community consideration.
It was proposed to me in the meeting, since my prizes are all Bethesda-related, that I should reach out to Bethesda to see if they are willing to endorse/help cover the costs of some of the prizes, in order to help establish legitimacy and help draw in additional attention. I have already sent a message out, and should they answer, I will be updating all communities involved with this competition immediately.
In the meantime, please take this sandbox into consideration, and get back with me at your earliest convenience (before the 25th would be for the best, since I do have other involved communities to take into consideration). Thank you for your time. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:41, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Just an update that I need an answer by tonight/early tomorrow. I have already put off the competition for over 2-weeks, and with the competition spanning over months, with Fallout 4 allegedly coming out in November of this year, I cannot afford to spend too much more of that time waiting around.
- If I get approval here, I can afford one more week, in regards to getting a community forum started and a consensus gained. In the case where a consensus can be reached, I can be ready to immediately have Nukapedia involved, and the competition started. Thank you for your time and consideration. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 14:55, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
Ok sure, i'll start right away. But one question is, how would I rename the file? I've tried to rename the exact file but it doesn't seem to work --Giler252 - Vault Seeker (talk) 02:23, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding the reference library Edit
So Kern got me to revive the citation project and I began by spending a half hour to compose a useful reference library for Fallout.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User:The_Ever_Ruler/sandbox5 - is the prototype
I figured I'd contact you because I'd be changing something that was wholly your doing, to pick your brain, to bring to your attention that there are fewer holodisk dialogue files than there are supposed holodisks and notes, and because I want an excuse to not stock the other sections of the library at this moment.
Depending on your response I might start doing-first-and-asking-for-forgiveness-later but that's only because I feel that's the only way it can be done. Whatever the course, take it easy and happy editing. --The Ever Ruler (talk) 19:50, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
It is fine - I had a replacement in-place just in-case. However, I would still like to give Nukapedians a chance to participate: would it be okay to have a blog detailing where Nukapedians can go to get officially involved? User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:39, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
- That works, then. There are 6 different communities involved, all will be accepting 20 entries each. Additional entries will also still be welcome, as we will have underdog and community votes to help determine additional winners. So if anyone misses their window of opportunity in any one community, they will be free to try their luck at the next one.
- Right now, only The Nerd Lair has a head-start on the competition, although Fallout Fanatics and The Vault will follow shortly. By the end of this month, every involved community will be accepting entries. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:56, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
I'll need few pages to be renamed because they have references or other guns with same name in Fallout Shelter.
- Ol' Painless to Ol' Painless (Fallout 3)
- Infiltrator (weapon) to Infiltrator (Fallout 3)
- Victory rifle to Victory rifle (Fallout 3)
- Lincoln's repeater to Lincoln's repeater (Fallout 3)
- Blackhawk to Blackhawk (Fallout 3)
- Destabilizer to Destabilizer (Fallout 3)
- Smuggler's End to Smuggler's End (Fallout 3)
- Vengeance to Vengeance (Fallout 3)
- Miss Launcher to Miss Launcher (Fallout 3)
- Wazer Wifle to Wazer Wifle (Fallout 3)
Relax. It's just a few standard headers and ok, the text is pretty much the same, though I did use the icons from our own weapon pages. No need to use the f* word. Jspoel 19:33, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
Main page's slider Edit
Hey C don't you want to use the image of "Please stand by" that was on the annoucement of Fallout 4? Cause you can get it on the section on my user page if you want.
Mass Recom: RevolationsEdit
Friendly reminder; you said ""A month after the announcement of the next Fallout game we will review the situation of those who have promised to return.". Fallout 4 was announced on the third of last month, it has been a month so it is time for whatever comes next.
(Source: Forum:Mass reconfirmation of inactive admins and moderators#Result).
JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 18:21, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
Harrasment earlier/possible same users before Edit
News for next weeks NNDEdit
So I tweeted to Pete Hines on Twitter, asking if Todd Howard's speech on Fallout 4 about the emergence of the player character out of Vault 111 was exactly what he said "200 years later" or if this was just an estimate. He refused to comment saying "not going to specify or clarify beyond what he said" I tagged the Nukapedia twitter account in my response to what he said so that you could include it in NND, if its news worthy . 16:56, July 9, 2015 (UTC)
The courier's soul Edit
Hey Chad, The courier's soul was banned for spamming and used two sock accounts (Couriersixessoul and Soullesscourier) to get around his chatban. He was kind enough to say this upon entering as well, so I'd probably hit him with a site ban. http://imgur.com/lAYCyO6,Nv3ilBn -- Watch in awe! 06:37, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
have I been kicked from chat? can't seem to get on.
Hey Chad, if by any chance your awake and can see the recent changes, this user is repeatedly posting and uploading disturbing pornographic pictures into article pages. Thanks. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 06:13, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
would you please add this wiki to other languages of fallout wiki?
Whether that is policy or not, that's not what I've seen the rest of you doing 50% of the time. Blog 11:14, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Real world location imagesEdit
Do you know how we handle real world location images referencing the game locations? We have a few just linked in behind the scenes (Goodsprings General Store, Lucky 38) and we have some images added as well on a few pages (Dinky the T-Rex, Yangtze Memorial). I thought we just referenced them in behind the scenes without images but now I'm not sure. Jspoel 18:13, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Accidental/Misuse of tools Edit
Chad, is there any possible way to have my block logs cleared? Paladin117 blocked me by accident. I never did anything wrong to get a bad reputation, that's why I demand to have my block logs bannished from the list. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 03:47, July 31, 2015 (UTC)
The image I uploaded earlier this week with the deathclaws chasing the player off the cliff was just deleted by Jspoel 12 hours ago. I know you said you might be interested in using it for the digest and I thought that you asked Jspoel not to delete it in chat. Did you change your mind or am I mistaken? If you still want the image I can try to find it again.
Hello Agent c! Edit
Encyclopedia Gamia has recently been greenlighted (by Staff) to revive an old project started by Wikia Gamia, which would connect EG with the main Games Hub and each video game's respective wikis. For those interested, users from one wiki (Fallout, for example) would edit Encyclopedia Gamia articles relating to the series/franchise. In return, EG would link back to the main wiki's articles on the page, in an attempt to increase traffic on all parties involved. Also, a page for the series/franchise would be maintained on Games Hub (the hub for all game wikis). If you are interested in the project or want to know more about it, you can readthis blog. Thank you for your time, and I will patiently await a response. Thanks. 21:50, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
RE: User Conflict Edit
- The discussion on the forum presented started off on a sour note: "Why are people who have chosen to disassociate themselves attempting to fashion what I can only describe as a faux community consensus?" - Agent c Attempts to end sour note discussion were ignored.
- The comments, while not entirely relevant to the competition, are nonetheless reasonable critiques on a community proposal. Despite a somewhat hostile tone.
- The comments did not, as best I could see constitute any personal attacks from either party. While the discussion wasn't as respectful or calm as one may hope from a b-crat and a former admin, however, I did not see attacks.
- As to the issue of good faith, while the tone of the conversation shows some degree of a lack of good faith, this could very well be the result of Agent c's desire to ensure that the wiki he is a bureaucrat of is not negatively impacted.
- In regards to a potential leak of personal information in regards to Tagziel, I do not see this as an issue of leaked information, but rather assumptions and speculation about one individual's possible employment based on a statement from a kickstarter project, as statement that is both publicly available and could just as easily be seen as stating that Tagziel is their main editor at gamepedia.
- In regards to Tagziel and his attitude in relation to Nukapedia, based on past forum posts I have been shown that he has posted since the fork his demeanor to this wiki is not all that positive. That is not to say, mind you, that it could not have changed in the intervening time, however, Agent c's attitude towards him would be understandable in terms of looking out for Nukapedia, given past comments made by Tagziel. Mind you, these are not posts or statements that I have ever sought out but rather ones that I have been linked to in the past. Should the sources of those links find them, I will provide them for this message.
- No one except for the user in question is allowed to determine whether or not they are estranged from Nukapedia, until such a time as Nukapedia's policies in that regard are changed.
- I cannot come to any conclusion regarding the bureaucrat issue with the current information I have, due to the conversation taking place during the all hands chat meeting for which I was not present, as such I will make no decision regarding that.
- In regards to Tagziel's profile emergency use only: "This profile is no longer in use, except in emergency cases." -Tagziel's user page
Frankly the interactions between Agent c and Sarkhan the Sojourner (formerly Garoux Bloodline) leave much to be desired in regards to professionalism and respect, and have for some time I would suggest working on keeping civil non-hostile discourse the norm between the two of you. Basically, keep calm and keep it clean.
If this is to be a community decision then it is up to the community to decide. However the comment section, by nature is the place for airing ones concerns regarding the proposed contest.
Until such a time as policy states otherwise, inactive users and active users have the same rights on this wiki, regardless of how they may act or talk about the wiki.
In short, be polite, stay classy, and let the community make its own decisions.
RE: News Item Edit
Do not act surprised - if you push someone around long enough, then do not act all indignant when it comes to bite you in the ass. This is a lesson that everyone should take into account.
With that being said, I am half perplexed, half interested in the offer extended to us. For the sake of posterity, I will just say that I will pass the message along, as I do want to see where we can go with this.
But for the record, there is a reason why I was chosen to be The Vault's emissary, and that is because I am the one that has done the most to help seal the rift. If I am treated with respect and dignity, you will see that I will continue doing my best.
We are currently busy at The Vault, so I cannot promise an instant reply from any of us. But there will be a reply. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 00:31, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
The News digest poster Edit
here is the finished News Digest poster and you can without any problem make any edits if you want http://imgur.com/udlEuTD 15:03, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
Blocking users in chatEdit
I am done dealing with a certain user's smug and pretentious attitude in chat time and time again. Every time someone says anything about FNV or Fo2, this user acts like they are a plague on the world. The user acts like a spoiled and whiny child who has to get his/her way, even when multiple people tell him/her s/he is wrong time and time again; ignoring any fact or information that is against his/her argument. This user is free to prefer Fo3. Said user is not free to browbeat and indirectly insult people who have a different opinion than his/hers because s/he has a star next to his/her name. I tire of the cheap jabs and sarcastic remarks that spew forth on the chat by said user. I have on multiple occasions praised said user on their knowledge of the Fallout Universe and admitted when I am wrong, specifically with knowledge about the BoS. I do not feel that it is too much to ask that I get a little respect from this user as well. I feel that the only way to settle this matter is for me to have a block on this user, so that I no longer have to see the snarky remarks directed my way. If you feel this message is ban worthy, so be it. Ban away. It will not change how I feel and I will not tolerate being treated like a bug in chat any longer. This is the kind of BS that made me leave the chat in the first place. I did not tolerate it from DG then and I will not tolerate it from this user now. it is counter-productive and rude.
Lord Onions: Dat Onion Ring Luvin Fox! (Talk) 22:53, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
- This all started with that parody song I wrote at the request of Gaming Foxy. It was a villian song originally sang by Shredder from the ninja turtles and Foxy asked me to make a villain song parody using Fallout. Foxy's favorite game is Fo3 so I made a song about someone who hates Fo3. After I posted my finished work on said song, the mentioned user went on an hour long rant. At first I tried to ignore the user, then Jasper and I both tried to explain that it was a parody song and that I did not personally HATE Fo3, eventually Jasper and I asked said user to stop talking about it. This did not stop said rant. Ever since then, every time I make a comment about anything fallout or wiki related in chat, I get attacked by said user. I have tried to be civil on multiple ocassions.
Lord Onions: Dat Onion Ring Luvin Fox! (Talk) 23:00, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I did not know whether such a function existed or not on the BC level. Seeing as it doesn't, I will follow your advice and not reply to any comments made by said user. I ask though that you request the same of this user, as it seems s/he has a bone to pick with me and I feel that any discussions spoken directly to said user will not end peacefully (water and oil). If said user will not reply to my comments on chat, I will not reply to said user's comments on chat. Please let me know if you will agree to mediate this matter and I thank you in advance if you agree to do so.
Lord Onions: Dat Onion Ring Luvin Fox! (Talk) 23:18, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I did not know whether such a function existed or not on the BC level. Seeing as it doesn't, I will follow your advice and not reply to any comments made by said user. I ask though that you request the same of this user, as it seems s/he has a bone to pick with me and I feel that any discussions spoken directly to said user will not end peacefully (water and oil). If said user will not reply to my comments on chat, I will not reply to said user's comments on chat. Please let me know if you will agree to mediate this matter and I thank you in advance if you agree to do so.
Clearing Things UpEdit
Hey, I just wanted to apologize about my first response to you on the Memorial forum. I figured you were aggressively trying to poke holes in my argument, I didn't know you were trying to hear my point of view. There's no tone on the internet, though! I think a valuable lesson has been learned today: always read messages carefully before responding! Gee, I should really set a custom signature. (talk) 20:48, August 10, 2015 (UTC)The-Artist-64
Someone made a puppet out of stockings Edit
Custom Cursor? Edit
I was on the Minecraft Wikia page earlier today and noticed that they had a custom cursor, diamond pick axe, for their site. We should totally run a poll to see if our community would like that or not! The custom cursor could possibly be a Nuka-Cola Bottle. Let me know what you think. Santa Jaws (talk) 20:28, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
Pete Hines interview on metro.co.uk Edit
I'm sure you haven't seen http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/20/bethesdas-pete-hines-fallout-4-interview-were-doing-stuff-that-other-folks-wouldnt-do-or-dont-do-5352056/ already. Not sure if it mentions any new stuff, other than what we already know about fallout 4. The Kittynator (talk) 10:33, August 20, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Clarification Edit
The Fallout Shelter creatures tab is missing from the Fallout Shelter drop-down navigation up top. Just a heads up :) -- 22:54, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
- That was all for now. I'm hopping off now but I intend to catch up with you later this evening or tomorrow. Thanks! -- 22:58, September 16, 2015 (UTC)
Fall Game GuideEdit
Hi Agent C,
My name is Nico and I work for Wikia's Community Development team. We're going to be making a fall game guide soon and wanted to get a quote from you about the release of Fallout 4.
I know you're probably sick of staff bothering you, but would you mind providing a sentence or two of what you're excited about or what you look forward to about the game?
Thanks in advance,
Portable infoboxes Edit
Heya :) Just stopping by to see if you have any thoughts on the Portable infobox project that Shining-Armor started up a little while ago. Because of Fallout's obvious importance to Wikia, particularly as we approach the launch of Fallout 4, we'd like to make sure that all your infoboxes are as accessible by mobile devices as is possible. Please drop by the forum as soon as you can and give your views. And of course my user talk page is always open to whatever comments — even rude ones — that you'd like to make!
Can you please stop editing the page? I am trying to remove personal information and keep my privacy. Is that hard to understand? (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Aaron_Meyers) Who with authority do i need to ask? Thank you for your time. -A
- Agent c already posted an answer to your request, his answer can be found here. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:43, October 8, 2015 (UTC)
I have already answered your query here including what you need to do for me to consider your situation, and that as the image appears to be a publicly released still why I do not see any privacy concerns. Agent c (talk) 16:47, October 8, 2015 (UTC)
Ino bro, sorry about that, was my 18th a little over a week ago and party was still sorta going every night haha, shit didn't even calm down until about two days back, but been preoccupied with my bird and that this last month and everything. Blog 17:13, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
I've seen it. There a nice full profile pic on https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/654722932380332032 Twitter (by Dan W.). Jspoel 22:08, October 15, 2015 (UTC)
Mister handy in Dota 2,question and suggestions Edit
http://store.steampowered.com/news/18954/?snr=1_550_552 here is the thing and you should add it in the next news digest (i can do the part of writing this news if you want) also how are we going to get the Mister handy audio files? do you have any ideas? also I suggest you to create the news team in Nukapedia like the TES wiki does but not exactly like them but get a bit of reference of how they do things. 15:09, October 23, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, TOR has been helping us out to make our infoboxes compatible with mobile stuff, but so far, his work didn't get that much feedback. Would you be so kind to pay the forum a visit and leave some feedback. And apart from that, there has been uncertainty in chat as to how we would get to use these. Would we need a vote before we can use them, or can it just be done by a decision from the sysops? - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 21:33, October 26, 2015 (UTC)
Shoelace vote Edit
Fallout 4 achievementsEdit
Are you able to create a blog today about the achievements? I'd classify it as breaking news; it can replace the old one. Jspoel 19:40, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I've added the achievements and concept art to the latest news digest. I have the Fallout community app installed and I'd recommend promoting it. Pretty neat in itself, better than the general look. You can find it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wikia.singlewikia.fallout&hl=en here. We can place a link to it on the main page on my account, above MyWikia. That one takes installing ITunes and an Apple account. Too much work. What is Jasper's concern then about the community app? I couldn't find it. Jspoel 18:14, October 29, 2015 (UTC)
The average review Edit
The average note is 9/10 the biggest complains are the bugs and that its kinda the same stuff that came before to some.
- “Fallout 4 contains what should go down as the best open world in the history of this medium considering the sheer wealth of meaningful content packed into it.”-Hardcore gamer which gave a 100%
- IGN found the game almost perfect except for the bugs and gave it a 9.5/10
- “The fact that your decisions stick with you after walking away from the game is a testament to the great storytelling on hand. Fallout 4 is an argument for substance over style, and an excellent addition to the revered open-world series.”-Gamespot which gave a 90/10
- “A brilliant, massive sandbox of systems, albeit largely the same one Bethesda has been making for years.”-PC Gamer which gave a 88/10
- “In a year when games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have redefined what open-world RPGs are capable of, I suspect that a lot of Fallout fans will be forced to question whether the usual Bethesda shtick of providing vast amounts of unpolished content with no emotional investment is still enough.I had a pretty good time, but despite its many strong points, Fallout 4 feels like one of Bethesda's minor works.”-Game Critics which gave FO4 a 7/10
15:02, November 9, 2015 (UTC)
I was thinking about changing the width of the content space to the old value again (wider), wiki wide. I have had the old width running in my personal wikia.css for the past few months; yesterday and today I tried the standard width again, because of a request from Energy X to a change of side banner. Experimenting with that, I still don't like the small space and the big fonts. What do you think of it? I first wanted to ask the bcs/admins, later we can ask Wikia (if everyone's ok with it), because I'm not sure they would allow a change to something they implemented wikiawide. Jspoel 17:47, November 9, 2015 (UTC)
Here are basic guidelines, which could be inserted into the news digest (if it is coming out today or tomorrow). It is highly important to let the (new) editors know "how" to edit. 20:52, November 9, 2015 (UTC)
NUN Signup Edit
I'd like to help contribute to the wiki at large instead of lurking all the time...so I signed up and I'm primed. The instructions for the New User Network said to leave a message here, so here I am.
I may not be able to stay in chat tonight because i am going to a farm and there my phone internet is not good so yeah.20:21, November 14, 2015 (UTC)
since our current active chat admins as of 10:41pm 11/16/2015 EDT are all away and unavailable, I think it's time to appoint another permanent chatmod (like myself) who is actually here. We've got a drunken vagrant here insulting other users and making a lot of unsavory remarks. Name's Disco. Thelonedrifter0 (talk) 03:42, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
Suggestion for next Nukapedia News Digest Edit
Infobox template changesEdit
Are you ok with the change of the infobox templates; Wikia is kinda pressing me for it to go ahead? Sent you an email about it. Jspoel 14:02, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
I think he probably made screenshots using f2wedit, then put them all together. That's how I recognize it anyway. We don't have use for it; all these images are already seperately on their pages and also visible on overview pages. Not suitable for placement here (and they were unused when I deleted them). Jspoel 20:41, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Chat Mod Tools Edit
I kicked them both for encouraging suicide and one in particular for accusing me of "acting" like i have depression. I warned them first and then kicked them and left it at that, telling one of the other chat mods to take over before I stepped out specifically because I had a conflict of interest. If they had said the same things to someone else I would have done the same thing and you would have to. I told them to take a time out and cool off before coming back before kicking them, which they both immediately came back and started up again. I did not use the mod tools to "win a fight," I used them to uphold civility and the rules just as you or anyone else would have done. They were out of line. Thelonedrifter0 (talk) 17:28, November 22, 2015 (UTC)
Concerns with Weapon Images Edit
Hey Agent C, I wanted to talk to you about some concerns I have over the images that are being used for the weapons for Fallout 4, specifically the thumbnails used on the Fallout 4 Weapons page, and for the individual weapon pages themselves. For instance, the thumbnail for the Double Barreled Shotgun shows the Short Double Barreled Shotgun, which is how this particular weapon is found out the wasteland, carried by Raiders, etc.
I played around with the mods for the weapons, and when I attached a Long Barrel and Long Stock to the Short Double Barreled Shotgun, the name was changed to Double Barreled Shotgun, dropping Short from the weapon name entirely. The same with the .44 Pistol. The thumbnail shows the Snub Nosed variant, which one can be found not far from Sanctuary, as indicated on the .44 Pistol page. I took it to the weapon bench, and when I stuck a long barrel on it, the name was changed to just .44 Pistol.
The in-game mod system shows that the Thumbnails for both of these weapons are wrong. When mods are attached to a gun, the name of the gun is automatically changed. This doesn't happen if you've given a weapon a custom name. For instance, I found an Assault Rifle and renamed it Lewis MG, and I've changed some of the parts on it and the custom name stays the same.
After some more playing around, I've discovered that if I put a long barrel on a Short shotty, without changing the stock, the name still changes to Double Barreled Shotgun. If I put a Full stock on a Short DBS, the name stays the same. So, it seems, to me at least, in the instance of the Shotgun and .44 Pistol, the Barrel defines the name, and any attachments placed on the barrel. Another example of the game changing the default name of the weapon would be the Flamer. If you put Napalm Tanks on the Flamer, the name is changed to Napalmer.
I just feel that any images that are posted for weapons, should be verified as accurate by a second individual or maybe even a third. With 50 base weapons, and over 700 modifications, something is gonna get messed up. Also, everyone should keep in mind that weapons can be renamed at the weapon bench. And my concern is that is what's happened here. Someone found these guns out in the wastes, renamed them at the bench without changes the guns themselves, took some pics, posted them, and no-one said anything about it.
Just in case you decide to ask, I'm playing Fallout 4 on the PS4.
Dead Gunner Returns Pt. 2 Edit
Dead Gunner was just in chat a while ago and admitted to me in PMs of his identity. Pally banned the sock indefinitely, this makes what I believe to be his second or third sock. Thelonedrifter0 (talk) 04:34, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Personally, I'm starting to forgive him and all, and might vote yes for his return and reinstation of his ban if you would give him another chance thou, but with his conduct and sockpuppetry recently proves not, this solidifies everything. I'm not giving second thoughts regardless. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 04:42, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Re: I don't think we need to review his permaban for any longer nor do I intend to give him another possibility of something happening after he chose to slip the plates (intentionally, again) But even if chances were given, he will just continue where he stops. Hence that explains his past (and more importantly, the recent one he just did awhile ago.) behaviour/conducts. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 08:36, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Hi I noticed that your fallout 4 map is missing a suit of power armor.
It's location is due east of Lexington square, on the 2nd level of the overpass.
It's just past the lift to the left, behind a wrecked vertibird.
The suit is a full set of t45 with a full fc.
I found it when I built up at greygarden and set a ladder to the overpasses levels, went to investigate the vertibird and found it, also a great spot to pick off the ghouls and supermutants in the square and the building just east and under the overpass.
Ps you can jump from the overpass in it to the ground with no dmg, I know that the suits stop falling dmg but from the top level of an overpass, with no dmg at all?!
Codsworth recognized names Edit
Do you think we can use the colored Pip-Boy quest icons from the Vault Dwellers Survival Guide (and credit them in the file), without getting into trouble with the publisher? Jspoel 19:59, December 5, 2015 (UTC)
Drifter investigation - Complaint DismissedEdit
This temporal mod is being really corrupt She bans me just because I say this:
Is not the first thing she does because "she wants". You let this class of people be moderators?
I just say it as a random thing because I read this in another forum, i have the last time I spoken.
After this I didnt spoke in a long long time, she just hate me, i dont know the reason but everytime I say something she always say "sHUT UP arshei, you are annoying" and treath me of ban.
If she does a similar comment she gets a ban of 7 days like me or the admins have different rules than normal people? ;)
Hey Chad. Since I wasn't able to catch you on Skype, I'll just tell you what I wanted to here (which is probably more appropriate anyway). It's the time of the year for Nukapedian of the Year again. Since I started this fun contest, I wanted to keep up with it despite my general inactivity. As such, I will be opening up the nomination process in a few days and I was wondering if you could help me in getting the contest well publicised. Because of the surge in activity associated with FO4, I am hoping that this year will be the year in which NotY has the highest level of participation. Thanks Chad, and I look forward to hearing from you. --Skire (talk) 07:17, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
C you must know me ~ Saint_Pain aka Casper E mail War_Pig@usa.com
I can't sign in.. Please advise?
18.104.22.168 14:48, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
Hi SaintPain, long time no see. We don't have any control over the logins, you'll need to check with wikia - www.wikia.com... Are you sure you have the username right as I see it as SaintPain rather than Saint_Pain Agent c (talk) 14:49, December 11, 2015 (UTC)
Dude I am at whits end Edit
Yes I was on last night SaintPain (removing personal info - Agent C)
Even when I request " forgot password " The message says am e-mail has been sent but I don't find it.
Hell I'll give you my home phone (removing personal info - Agent C)
(removing personal info - Agent C)
Joseph "CASPER" Baker
I don't know what more I can do just to be a helpful member here...
SaintPain 22.214.171.124 21:54, December 12, 2015 (UTC)
Green Monster (Diamond City Scoreboard) Edit
I know it's been a while since you asked, and you said the texture might be good enough; but a promise is a promise.. Digital Utopia (talk) 21:16, December 14, 2015 (UTC)
The next stage for NotY (the poll) is out: User_blog:Skire/Nukapedian_of_the_Year_(2015)_-_Stage_II, if you could get it out in the news. Thanks!!! --Skire (talk) 21:50, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
Here's the link we discussed in chat earlier on :) http://www.pcgamer.com/man-sues-bethesda-over-fallout-4-addiction/ - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 15:27, December 25, 2015 (UTC)
I don't agree with these walkthrough deletions. They've been there for ages and I consider them an exception to the rule of. We don't need a long story, but a general summary of the main events is useful. Also sent this to Jasper. If you want to delete them, at least we need some discussion. Jspoel 22:45, January 4, 2016 (UTC)
Happy new year!Edit
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, though I'm a week late, to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:03, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
go to this page and add this (see this in source mode)
Inaccuracy in Wiki page about Veronica Santangelo - Fallout New Vegas. Edit
Hello, the reason for contacting is because somebody slipped up and allowed a Wiki page to become protected and not allowed to be edited. I am not certain if is is protected from Moderators but why risk it. So:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Veronica_Santangelo#Wrong_written_comment_that_Veronica_says_about_proximity_-_needs_to_be_edited. - This I wrote on the - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Veronica_Santangelo - talk page. It was a while ago and has not yet been edited.
Here's the list of awards GameInformer gave out: here. They gave Fallout 4 three awards: best setting, best replayability, and best sidekick (Nick Valentine). Paladin117>>iff bored; 02:54, January 13, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the promotion. Do I negotiate my compensation directly with you or should I go to HR?
I noticed I got the "rollback" button and I can mark edits as "patrolled" but I'm not exactly sure when I should mark as patrolled and when I should not. Some lights on the matter could be useful. --YoDsanklai (talk, blogs) 15:27, January 13, 2016 (UTC)
why was i banned? i know you did it
No, only those 2 are the same IP, no one else. Jspoel 20:51, January 22, 2016 (UTC)
Discussions Moderators Edit
Hi Agent c,
Roger that, we won't name any additional Discussions Moderators, though we still may make suggestions of specific users that seem to be good candidates. Did one of the Discussions Moderators enter chat, and so this came up? I am just curious.
We won't be removing the chatmoderator permission from the Discussions Moderator group, either locally or globally.
I have a few points to outline, not really counter to your statements or anything, more just food for thought.
- Right now, Discussions is more or less limited to users of the app, since the web version isn't really discoverable. But that won't be the case for much longer. Eventually people on the wiki will be going to Discussions, and users from Discussions will find their way to the wiki and into Chat. So it will be helpful to have moderators in chat who know the Discussions "crowd". It won't happen overnight, but eventually the groups of users will coalesce into a single community.
- It also should be acceptable to all involved to have an agreement such as -- User:X is a Discussions Moderator and so has the chatmod powers, but User:X is forbidden from moderating chat if they decide to enter. If User:X cannot abide by that agreement, then they are probably not a good choice for Discussion Moderator in the first place.
- I see how this might be confusing for chat participants, though. It's possible to use custom CSS or JS to obscure the star on the chat user list. We'd be happy to help with that if you want to explore that option.
Also, more Discussions moderation tools are coming shortly, and updates to Discussions will continue to arrive throughout the upcoming weeks and months.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all!
Hi Agent c,
Don't feel that you need to apologize for anything! Indeed, we are grateful that you have been open to helping us navigate during the still-early stages of this feature. I would like to explain a little bit of Wikia's thinking around the new Moderator groups, and then also mention what's coming up for Discussions.
Basically, Discussions Moderator and Content Moderator were created to meet the broader community need for "junior admin" type roles. Without anything globally available, many communities had asked us to create custom local groups (like you have with content-reviewer and patroller) and/or utilized the Chat Moderator or Rollback groups for this purpose (as you also have done). You can find more information in the recent staff blog post. Basically, we see a general community leadership progression as either ChatMod->Discussions Moderator->Admin or Rollback->Content Moderator->Admin. No specific community is obliged to adhere to that, of course, but something like that makes things a little more clear for members of new and growing communities. Also note that Discussions Moderators have additional options in the Message Wall, Forum and Comments features, which you don't have in use here, except for Blog comments. So I understand why it seemed like a role solely focused on the new feature, in this case.
What’s coming up for Discussions?
More robust moderation tools were always high on our list, and so very shortly (possibly this week), we’ll be releasing “View all posts and replies” for a user (available to everyone) and “Delete all posts and replies” for a user (available to mods and admins). This will be in the web interface only right now, not coming to the app until later in February. “View all posts and replies” is also a top request from the app users, of course.
Other moderation tools coming soon are locking posts to new replies (aka closing threads) and setting up a way for regular users to “report” content for review by mods and admins. We’re also finishing up the early conceptual and design work on thread categorization (i.e. subsections, the equivalent of boards in the current forums). That will help users find existing discussions more easily.
You asked "Is there any update on when the discussion pages will be better integrated into the wiki community?". In some ways, this can be up to you guys. We'll be doing some testing soon that will experiment with different ways to showcase Discussions content on the wiki. Such testing is usually quick, and is only seen by a very small segment of logged-out users.
However, we could do something that's visible to more users, such as placing a link on the wiki navigation, or a module in the right rail. We should be cautious though, since driving more non-app users to Discussions will almost certainly bring more spammers and vandals. (App users tend to be much better behaved since they have gone to the effort of downloading the app and are legit Fallout fans.) We should probably have a larger group of confirmed/committed moderators (from the wiki community or app community or both) before making the links visible to everyone.
Let me know what you think!
Hi Agent c,
Administrators have all the Discussions Moderator abilities already, so there is no need to assign out that group to admins. It looks like we'll have “View all posts and replies” for a user and “Delete all posts and replies” for a user available early next week, which should make moderation much easier.
That's fantastic that you think the existing team can handle things for now! Please let us know if questions come up. And feature requests too! Chances are that any requests you have are probably part of the plan already, but we definitely need to hear what's important and what would be useful.
We're trying some various things on communities where Discussions are not as busy. Check out Star Wars Battlefront Wiki and the Discussions navigation item. Something like that might work here and bring more web traffic in, if you can find a spot for it. Again, I suggest waiting until the additional moderation options are available. Please let me know how things are going! We'll talk more soon, I am sure.
Hi Agent c,
The "deleted" state for a post has the text grayed out and a red triangle in the upper left corner. It's changed to that state when an admin or moderator clicks the delete (trash can) icon. The post or reply remains visible to admins and mods, so that it can be undeleted if necessary. It's also so that other admins/mods can see what's been going on. So your supposition is correct, but we do refer to the actions as delete and undelete.
The reporting function, where regular users can flag a post/reply for review, isn't available yet. We're also planning some filtering options for people in different roles -- for example, if an admin or mod want to hide the deleted posts -- but those are a little further off.
I'm sorry that it was a bit unclear. Once we have the additional moderation options available next week, I will put together a Help page for all of this. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Agent c,
Thanks for reporting this. We expect blocks to be effective in Discussions within two minutes at most (a caching issue can sometimes cause a slight delay). But I took a look and I see what you mean, it looks like Kievan99's last post was almost an hour after you set the block. I have filed a bug and we'll review the logs and see what more we can find out. It's good to know that your test and the block on the other user both seemed to work. I did a test on one of my own test account and the block was also effective. Please let me know if you notice this with any other blocks, of if you see Kievan99 posting again. If Kievan99 did something warranting of a global block, please let me know, but I'd rather leave this as-is and see if it's able to post again (hopefully not, of course).
Can you give me an example of when part of a longer message is cut off? You might be describing the fact that on the main lists of posts (latest or trending) longer posts only have the first few lines shown. You have to click to the page were you see all of the replies as well, in order to read the whole post. This is intended. Let me know if that's what you are describing. We certainly want design and usability feedback as well, so if it was confusing, that valuable to hear.
I see you've made some posts today and gotten great responses! This definitely shows that the App/Discussions users are looking to connect and also looking for some guidance. In the next version of the app coming out shortly, users will see some basic rules the first time they open Discussions after updating to the new version. You can see the text of those rules at w:c:community:Discussions_Guidelines. A future version of this will allow for each community to customize the rules, but this is a quick solution to address the need for some kind of guidelines.
I am really encouraged by the response you're getting, and also by your own reaching out and connecting with the users there. I am looking forward to hearing how the feature updates help, and working with you to bring these groups together.
Hi Agent c,
Thanks for the screen shot. That's definitely odd. When I look at that full thread and see that reply from you, I see the whole thing. Can you confirm what operating system and browser (and browser version) you are on? I would also be interested to know if you still see that persisting now. By the time I checked the thread, that specific reply required a few clicks into the previous 10's to find it. But from your screen shot it looks that that was displayed right away when you opened the full thread page? Let me know if you recall that specifically. That will help with us trying to reproduce the bug. Thanks! -BertH (help forum | blog) 03:42, January 31, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Agent c,
I have put a global block on Kievan99 for three days, so hopefully that should keep that user from posting further. Let me know if you still see posts (I'll keep an eye out too). Has it seemed like anyone else was getting around a block?
Discussions is not built on MediaWiki and we don't have a holistic approach to IP blocking and CheckUser right now. The IP options that are part of local blocking will only be effective on the wiki. The CheckUser that some of the bureaucrats have access to will only give results from edits made on the wiki. For now, please use Special:Contact to request IP checks on users in Discussions, and please note that we need to know all of the usernames you need checked (so at least two).
Some changes we're working on should reduce the ability of blocked app users to return with new accounts, and the "view all posts by user" option (out in the next two days) will also help you track down where vandals are posting.
I see you weathered an attack today. "Mugly" is a name we've been dealing with for a while. Again, the "view/delete all" will be very handy in these cases.
Hi Agent c,
You have been busy! Thanks to you for really taking the reins on this and working to bring the groups together!
You (and the other crats) should now have the ability to assign/unassign users to the Discussions Moderator group yourself, in the normal way via Special:UserRights. Let me know if you have any trouble with that.
As you noted elsewhere, "view all posts by user" became available this week, and "delete all posts by user" just became available today (as an option for mods and admins on the "view all" page). Please note that bulk undeletion is not possible.
That's also great that you are looking for the best places to add Discussions links on the wiki. Brave Frontier has also added a link on their local navigation. I think it's also a great idea to define the wiki-style forum area as being only for "wiki business" and formally shifting all game discussions to the new feature. I am looking forward to letting other communities see what you guys decide!
The block on Kievan99 wasn't working due to a bug -- specifically because his username managed to include a trailing space on the end when it was created, which caused some problems. So we'll be fixing the related issues. I replied to a recent email you sent about another user. But please do keep letting us know if username blocks don't seem to do the trick for anyone else.
Let me know if you need anything else!
I can't, he needs to make at least one edit before I can check it. XCOM 2 is in the background for me, will be hard to make free time for it. Jspoel 03:16, January 31, 2016 (UTC)
Community app Edit
Thank you for finally stepping in (as in, someone needed to step in - not saying that this burden was specifically placed upon you). There is a lot that needs to be done, but people have been frustrated for a long time due to a lack of any serious leadership, and all of the commenters getting away with murder.
I sincerely hope that you can light a fire under the arses of some other administrators, as I believe that Nukapedia is vastly underestimating both the importance, and the size of this app's community.
No need to reply - I am heading off of the wiki, now. 寧靜 03:27, January 31, 2016 (UTC)
troll on the App forums Edit
user:MuglyWillLiveForEver is vandalizing also his avi is inapropriate. 13:40, January 31, 2016 (UTC) updtate: he changed avatar but still 13:45, January 31, 2016 (UTC)
Potential App Moderater Edit
Hey, just so you know, I found another app User who is interested in becoming a wikia moderater. His name is ArthurMaxson. He's on a lot and fairly respected amongst the community. I think he'd be a smart choice. I know you haven't made up your mind how to go about this process. So, I let him know that nothing is final. I just told him I'd float his name by you. Anyway, I'll catch you tomorrow. Im still figuring out how navigate this website so if you reply to this I might not see it. Haha Peace.
Regarding the Admins and Moderator pageEdit
- Looks like I missed you again, regardless. Its done, although there's one more thing I wish to discuss regarding one of my "friend". Let's discuss this further on PMs. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 13:09, February 5, 2016 (UTC)
Somehow I always hit up the wrong time. But anyways, would advise to change your profile picture to something that doesn't show our faces. The said user I mentioned badly defaced us with photoshop. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 05:06, February 6, 2016 (UTC)
Avatars in articles Edit
Hey, Bert passed on that you asked about avatar issues on his talk page.
A few months ago we switched to a completely new avatar service which uses a completely different URL structure (and which also changes every time someone updates their avatar, eliminating caching concerns). The old avatar URLs have started to expire, which is why you're seeing broken images on Fallout Wiki:Administrators and moderators. Inserting avatars on article pages is a pretty rare activity (and not something that we've ever really directly supported), so we don't have a direct replacement for that.
Although we're looking at whether some kind of replacement method makes sense, the best option for now is to simply upload avatars images directly to this community (like other images) and include them the normal way. We realise those won't update dynamically, but hopefully people aren't changing their avatar really frequently to make that a big burden!
Something else completely different Edit
Now it's my turn to change the subject. :) Let me know if I should message a different admin about this.
I am writing to let you know that we’re removing a feature that your community was testing out for us but have probably forgotten about. It was an attempt to update the Poll feature, but it never got very far. You may recall that it placed polls in a dedicated namespace. You can see the content in that namespace here.
- Please review the content of this namespace
- Delete anything that you don’t care about
- Archive (in some way) anything that you do care about. You could record the question and results in text form somewhere, or take a screen shot of the Poll and save that image somewhere.
The deadline for this is Friday, February 26. After that, we will delete any remaining content in the namespace and then disable the feature on your community. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Note: This does not affect polls created using the <poll> tag. The feature that is being disabled has not been used recently.
Discussions regarding user's behaviour Edit
Hey Chad, title header above says everything, and he is back again. http://fallout.wikia.com/d/u/27762658
Disturbing avatar Edit
- Nevermind sir. I reported it on VSTF anyway, and globally blocked across the ocean.