Put your hands together folks, and give a warm welcome to the Weekly Saturday Polls! Exclusive to Nukapedia, the Fallout Wiki.
Yadda yadda, I'm Yes-Man. Now let's get on to business. First off, what do you guys and gals think of the new avatar? I know it doesn't fit with the Yes Man theme, but I couldn't resist a pink Batman saying "Fabulous". It spoke volumes to me, it really did. That, and I think if I were Batman I'd do the same thing... seriously, who wants to wear the same old costume every day? Must get all sweaty in there, what with the crime fighting. I always wondered what would happen if Batman had to meet Bruce Wayne in person. I'm sure he has some sort of ridiculous gadget or spray that helps him to produce a clone of himself. Or maybe he'd just dress Alfred up in a Batman suit and hope nobody notices...
Last Week's ResultsEdit
I'd better get on to business before my imagination wanders and this becomes a blog about all the illogicalities in the old Batman series. Last week I did two polls again, which were humorous (I hope). The first question was a tough vote for the most beautiful beast in the Wasteland. So, it's time for the big reveal... Which creature will be crowned the Wasteland Beauty Queen?
The results are as follows:
- You can't blame a girl for trying, but going home without the tiara will be Miss Vault-Tec, the beautiful Robo-Brain. Only eighteen people voted for this beauty; methinks she lost a few votes on her runway walk. You know, it's hard when you don't have legs.
- Miss Mariposa was the hopeful runner up, but not quite the beauty queen. The lovely Centaur received 21 votes and a bouquet of flowers. If she was able to complete her speech, she probably would have gotten more support. But sadly she got "tongue-tied"... (geddit?)
- And here she is ladies and gentlemen. The most beautiful creature in the Wasteland; the recipient of the Beauty Queen Tiara is none other than Miss West Coast, the stunning Deathclaw! The lovely Miss Deathclaw had 45 votes, making her the clear winner. She'll be going home in a limousine tonight, probably after murdering some Wastelanders.
I'd like to give honourable mention to Miss Underworld, Feral Ghoul, for not mauling the smoothskin crowd. The second poll was more about possible, and ridiculous, weapons. Tell us your favourite ridiculous weapon - the results are as follows:
- In third place is my personal favourite, Roachscalibur with fifty eight votes. It's basically a radroach on a stick - so long as you don't put it down and risk your weapon running away.
- In second place is the simple yet dangerous Spray Bottle of FEV with 71 votes. Although it's unlikely to kill a target as quickly as a gun, I'm sure you could do some lasting physical damage resulting in low self-confidence, making any wasteland enemy fearful to show their mutated face in public.
- Coming in first, after a very rocky start, was the Suicidinator with 132 votes. Basically a Mini-Nuke and a hammer, if a Wastelander finds him or herself in a sticky situation, they can just bang on the nuke and wipe out a room - and themselves. Better yet, give it to a companion and send them into battle.
I'd like to thank you all for enjoying the poll. I feared that many wouldn't get it and complain to me about how in God's name a centaur could be sexy, or why you'd want to blow yourself up to kill enemies. But you were all wonderful and I thank you all for being such a great crowd.
For this week's poll, we're revisiting an older question, but with a slight twist. You might remember the old question about your favourite faction. Well, Utter Fallout came to me a few weeks ago and asked me if I could include a poll of favourite New Vegas faction leaders. I figured some of us might like factions, but not their leaders, or vice versa - For example, I'm not fond of Mr. House's faction, but I like him as a character. So, without further ado; drumroll please...
Who is your favourite New Vegas faction leader?Thanks!
If you don't see a faction leader that you wanted to vote for in the list, just select the "Other" option and specify who it is in your comment. For example, if you like Lanius as the leader of the Legion instead of Caesar, just tick the Other option and comment on it.
And there's more. I was approached by none other than MysteryStranger, the predecessor to the polls. Quaking in my boots at such an honour, he asked if I could do a poll for him. Of course, I agreed - so this one is for all you Fallout Tactics fans out there! You ready? Here we go...
There you go ladies and gentlemen. Tell us your favourite Fallout: New Vegas faction leader and your favourite Fallout Tactics vehicle. I apologise to those who haven't played Tactics, but we have to cater to everyone here! Maybe you like House, the smooth talking computer screen with a totally sweet moustache. Or perhaps you're into Caesar, the small, bald sexist who runs around wearing dead animals. I dunno, some people are into that sort of thing...
That's it for this week. Come back next week for the gripping continuation! Will the polls be answered? What vehicle will come out on top? And will inspector Gordon realise that it's Alfred in that Batman suit? Only time will tell! Anyway, that's my dose of craziness for the morning.
A few things to wrap up before I leave you all to your own devices. First off, next week is going to be a huge Satuday Poll extravaganza! It's gonna be a good one... I hope. Just get your thinking caps ready and all that jazz. Ummm... what else. I knew I was going to say something but I just can't think of it now. Don't you hate it when that happens? Oh well, I'm just gonna go listen to Dexy's Midnight Runners. (Don't judge me. They have, like, one good song.)
EDIT: Ah! I remembered what it was I wanted to say!
My favourite User-generated weapons from last week were:
- Chazzzo's Plasma Butter Knife - A butter knife, but plasma charged.
- Chazzzo's Fat Man - A literal fat person.
- Mintyfresh0009's Ballistic Toaster - Toaster strapped to your fist.
Thanks for your crazy suggestions, fellas. Maybe one day we shall see a Fallout title that includes the coveted Ballistic Toaster - I know I'd love to have one. It'd go hand in hand with the toaster repair perk from Wasteland.
Until next week, have fun everyone. If you have any crazy ideas for a fun poll, just tell me about it on my talk page, or catch me in chat. I'll be here every Saturday so be patient!