So I'm deep into both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, having lvl 30's and 50 characters. I have top-notch equipment, but I've made grave errors along the way: (Also, I'm the type of Fallout player that sticks to one character, rather than having about 10 in one hard drive)
In Fallout 3, I:
- Didn't care about skill books, no 100-all skills for me.
- Lost the opportunity to do Trouble on the Homefront. (walked away at the radio signal, should've listened to it at least for the password)
- Seems like I've reached a total dead end for now.
- Did not succeed in getting: Mechanist's outfit, Protectron's Gaze, Antagonizer outfit, and Ant's Sting through the glitch.
- Lost out on several unique weapons.
- Side quests "timed out" as in I couldn't progress further into a quest. Possibly because the game thinks you'll finish it lickedy-split.
In Fallout: New Vegas, I:
- Have 0% chance to reconcile with the Khans (didn't have the speech for Jessup)
- Which means I've lost: Access to Great Khan's armorer, the Khan Trick, and all that stuff
- Did not do the #1 rule in Fallout: New Vegas: TAKE EDUCATED! I could have all my skills above 90 or maybe 100 by now if I had.
- Got cheated (partially my fault). For example: I took weapon handling, and the +2 strength perk in OWB negated the usefulness in that.
- Got the "no LR perk for you," glitch, that I didn't get it at the end of LR.
- Really want to nuke both Legion and NCR, with both forgiving me with the Mark of Caesar and Crocker's invitation.
- Btw, who hates power armor in this game?
Tell me what you think in the comments or this poll I hope I don't fail in making: