| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Shop Name :The Pandorioum. Presented to you by SaintPain.
Bathed in theatrical illusion and drug induced glamour, it is a shop of kinky, if not wholly bizarre, goods and services to include questionably authentic antiques, trinkets, collectibles, some rare weapons and head gear. herbs, elixirs, sensual massage, explicit sexual favors for barter and some, initially supposed, Gypsy falderal.
Always a place of mystery, The Pandorioum will not be found when the player fist enters the market. However, if they leave for just 24 hours, when the player returns, The Pandorioum shop will miraculously be there as it if had been in place for ages, with surrounding weathered posters, random graffiti, cobwebs and all.
Odd even from a distance, this darkly festive decorated tent dominates the corner that used to be occupied by trash bins, a pile of cinder blocks and an abandoned shop's scaffolding.
Located directly across from Gary's Galley and next to A Quick Fix, The Pandorioum spills half way in to the market walk way and stretches fully to the back wall. The Pandorioum stands second only to Gary's Galley it square footage as The Pandorioum now covers roughly eight times more floor space than the majority of other shops in the Rivet City Market. The Pandorioum is also the only shop that has an interior hidden from the passing foot traffic.
The curiosity of what could be found behind those gilded curtains and the exotic smokes mixed with inviting incense all coil to waft from beyond the tent's dark canvas, beckoning to those brave or foolish enough to enter.
The tent's interior appears to be a large, dimly lit space, richly adorned with silk drape walls and plush multi-layered piles of antique Persian rugs that line the floors and some times hang as artistic back drops. Five, hidden, Automated turrets with infrared sensors easily detect anyone rude enough to sneak in the Lady Asteria's shop.
Most all who enter, after adjusting their eyes to the relative darkness and thick smokey haze are soon over taken by an atmosphere of euphoria and wonder as the silky partitions that separate the shops interior are designed to fool the perception, making it all seem impossibly to large even to fit what they could see from outside. Visitors feel pleasingly off balance. The piles of carpet give an impression of walking though and softly stumbling over clouds as the shop's narrow spiraling hall leads around, punctuated by a few, very small, intimate massage chambers, all lined with ornate tables that offer and promote even odder, rarer specialized items and services for barter.
Seductive voices are thought to be heard mixing with the shop's music. The ambiance is imaginatively reminiscent of eastern Europe's remotest reaches. Ghostly quiet, they whisper to visitors from beyond butterfly wing thin wisps of silk, smoke and pleasing ash as the player drops deeper into the Pandorioum's well of curious goods and services, all leading to the shops core and an audience with the owner, Lady Asteria herself.
- Due to the advanced surveillance there is no way to avoid detection within the tent. Taking items on display or engaging in any violent actions not covered by Miss Stardust's "prepaid special services" will cause alarms to blare, turning all of Rivet City immediately hostile.
- Unholstered weapons and sneaking while in The Pandorioum are booth highly discouraged. The shop's sound system will give two polite warnings in Lady Asteria's voice. The third and final warning will clearly be a command using the voice of a Military Sentry bot.
- Speaking to Lady Asteria or any of the other named non player characters at Rivet City may open dialog about The Pandorioum and or Lady Asteria her self, thus activating the optional quest "Foreign relations".
- It is implied that the items sold at The Pandorioum are either primarily used as props and souvenirs in a kind of specialty sex role play or just to enhance the overall massage experience. It is for this reason that all items are priced at 3 times their listed resale value, plus 200 bottle caps for services rendered.
- Taking advantage of The Pandorioum's "special services" will cause only one game hour to pass while conveying all the benefits of sleeping a full eight hours in an owned bed.
- Players should be mindful of how long they spend in The Pandorioum as it is open 24 hours. Exiting the shop when the Market is closed may draw unfriendly attention from Rivet City Security.
The Pandorioum has only appeared in SaintPain's imagination but now this shop, Lady Asteria, Pixie Stardust and Stardust's Gypsy caravan are all part of the Fallout Apprentice Qualification Challenge - A Traders' Life.
- This is member's fiction after all : It's a Gypsy magic thing. The Pandorioum, Lady Asteria, Pixie Stardust, Stardust's Gypsy caravan, related services, items and quests are all protected from accused bugs.
The Pandorioum name is very loose reference to a Pandora's box from Greek mythology.
Still a work in progress ~ Written by SaintPain
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 21:35, February 23, 2013 (UTC)