| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
The Explorer's Multi-Tool is a Fallout: Fallout 4 weapon / Tool in The Apprentice contest.
It is a serrated edge climbing pick ax with leather grips and a safety strap over a wooden handle. It may be used as a melee weapon, climbing pick or brute force tool to force locks.
- When used as a climbing tool it increases climbing speed by 15% up the the maximum climbing speed that is equal to the character's Sneak speed. (See Climbing)
- While the pick tip is to large to be used like a Bobby pin to pick locks, it dose allow enough leverage to Force Locks at an additional bonus of + 1 per each point of the character's strength.
- This tool's serrated pick also adds one additional chance to cleave and saw open some containers with broken locks at an equal % bonus as listed above. ( see notes for further details ).
- Unlike throwing hatchets, these are not balanced for use as a projectile weapon and unlike larger Hatchets it dose not deal an additional 50% Limb Damage.
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
- As a primary function the tool takes no damage when used to aid in climbing.
However when the Explorer's Multi-Tool is used to Force locks or cleave / saw open some containers with broken locks, it dose so at the same weapon damage rate as when used as a melee weapon. It can successfully strike about 1495 times from full condition before breaking.
As a work bench craft able item The Explorer's Multi-Tool has no variants but it can be repaired at a work bench with a Hammer or Hatchet or with the Jury Rigging perk with a Throwing hatchet or Tomahawk.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|[[Explorer's Multi-Tool|]]||16||40.6||x1 limb damage||2.54||x1||16||22||1.5||1.5||95||63.3|
|Hatchet||16||40.6||x1.5 limb damage||2.54||x1||16||22||1.5||2||75||37.5|
|Tomahawk||30||19.8||x1.5 limb damage||0.66||x1||30||23||2.6||0.5||75||150|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- The Explorer's Multi-Tool is not initially sold by any vendor or shop owner unless the player's character first sells at lest one to them. If the vendor then has a minimum rating of 50 in booth Repair and Barter skills they may see the value of this item and begin selling them in a condition equal to their repair skill.
Once the player's character first finds a copy an American Mountaineering skill book, the illustrations inside will inspire them to build their own mountaineering tool if they can just find the materials and a Workbench.
Hot plate (1)
Leather belt (1)
Schematics = American Mountaineering
Explorer's Multi-Tool (1)
- The Explorer's Multi-Tool may be used to cleave and saw open some standard non-reinforced containers and doors with broken locks but it would be up to the game designers to determine what qualifies as reinforced. A good rule of thumb would be standard boxes, lockers, briefcases, ammo cans, med kits and most wooden doors are likely to be passable but safes and steel doors like those found in Vaults should be considered to massive an obstacle.
- Cleaving and sawing to forcibly break through a door or container is obviously a noisy act of violence that could attract enemies or even be considered offensive enough to turn some friendly NPCs hostile.
- Cleave lock could qualify as a new sub skill related to the lock pick menu but I did not see it as remarkable enough to fulfill the contest expectations and so I humbly submit it as a small bonus to help illustrate The Explorer's Multi-Tool as a unique item.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 07:30, March 15, 2013 (UTC)