| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Enjoying the game?”
Zela is a resident of the city of Lost Angels in 22XX. She lives in the western section of the sewers, avoiding raiders and drug addicts. It is said she tamed the Doomjaw present in the sewers and that she named him Henshaw.
Nothing much is known about Zela. Even she can’t tell where she’s from. When asked about her origins, she states that she’s not supposed to be here. Being a goody-two-shoes and a sadistic character, she often “sacrifice” raiders to her pet in order to get rid of them while feeding her best friend. By doing so she is seen as evil and crazy by the other residents of the sewers.
If met later in the game after the death of her Doomjaw, she will not greet the player’s character; she will break the 4th wall by asking the player if he/she is enjoying the game so far. Through dialogue the player can experience the rather strange concept of an aware NPC.
Interactions with the player character
- Saving little sister: She is seen pushing a crippled raider down a pit where waits her pet, Henshaw the doomjaw.
- Slay the witch: The player is sent to investigate one of her hideouts.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Leather armor||Lead Pipe||-||-|
- Zela might appear randomly when the player with a Luck level under 3 uses VATS. She will run in all the player’s attacks, then disappear, acting much like the opposite of theMysterious Stranger, leaving the player with wasted AP.
- If you have any pets while she is a companion, she will sometimes stop to say that the player’s pet is adorable.
- "Enjoying the game? I hope it wasn’t too hard for you to do the first quests."
- "Ooh. Staying in character, are we? I hope you don’t mind if I keep staring at you through the screen."
- "Don’t call me crazy. I’m just a poor soul completely out of place. It pains to know that you’re not where you belong."
Zela appears only in the Fallout Apprentice.