| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Dan is a genius as well as a Jet addict residing in the L.A. sewers in the year of 22XX. As far as he can remember, he always wandered in the wasteland to seek fortune and Jet.
Dan is the unofficial local doctor down in the sewers. After spending most of his youth in the streets of Freeside scavenging for food and supplies to sell, he became a man after killing a thug with his own gun, the weapon stolen from the foe’s belt after said guy smuggled Dan. After doing some thinking, the young lad decided to earn his food and caps by prospecting vaults and hunting critter in the Wasteland.
The following years were successions of exploring, good deals and the discovery of the most awesome thing in the wastes: Jet. By consuming so much of the drug, Dan developed an addiction, but he doesn’t seem to care about it.
His travels brought him down south in the ruins of Los Angeles, where he found a community of drug addicts in some sewers, offering him a safe place to stay while having access to his vice.
Interactions with the player character
- Saving little sister: Upon meeting a bunch of hostiles raiders, Dan will run toward trouble and help the player defeat them, then will accompany the player to make sure he/she doesn’t die. Upon reaching the flooded part of the sewers, he will tell the player about the creatures living there and will give them the schematics for the Taser Box and urge them to make some in order to defeat Henshaw the Doomjaw.
Effects of player's actions
- After defeating the doomjaw, he will state that he likes the player’s style and that he wouldn’t mind following them on their crazy quests. From then he will be available as a permanent companion.
- If he is given Jet, he will shout "Kiva päivä tänään on." It means “Today's a nice day”, in Finnish.
- "Could we take a break? Jet break? It’s 10 past Jet o’clock! "
- "If you had my smarts, you wouldn’t be pointing that gun at me. "
Dan was designed for the Fallout Apprentice contest only.