| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Hey there, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Old Vegas here... Telling you that after all these years, I still love you.”
Before the Great War, Mr. Las Vegas was the loved and renowned host of Radio Las Vegas. He loved his listeners just as much and was very dedicated to his job. He was also a dedicated husband, taking good care of his wife.
He was contacted by Mr. House at some point before the war to help him upgrade his bot. To do so he simply accepted to have his voice recorded in order to give a robot his voice. He wouldn’t have done that if he knew he’d lose his job to a machine, since machines are more “durable” than humans. After having his place usurped by Mr. New Vegas, Mr. Las Vegas tried to find work in communication again, but was turned down at each attempt. No Radio station wanted him in Nevada. He had to move to California in order to find work to sustain himself and his wife. He found a job as a mere wheaterman in Los Angeles, carrying on with a comfortable life. But he could never forget his time at Radio New Vegas.
Then came the war. He never received any confirmation letter from Vault-Tecfor the many vaults he applied for, therefore couldn’t find shelter in one of them. As the atomic blast engulfed his home, he held his wife in his arms, telling her how much he loved her one last time.
Unlucky for him, he survived. He woke up in his living room, his wife... lying dead beside him. Tears flowed from his eyes as he buried the love of his life. He remained around his empty, silent house for a few weeks, mourning. While mourning he underwent the process of ghoulification.
After a while, as he was sitting in his living room, listening to the radio, his fist clenched as he recalled again how that stupid robot ruined his life. It is then he decided to do something with his uncontrolled energy. He would take back the other love of his life: the audience of New Vegas. He was then set in motion toward the lights of the Strip.
Interactions with the player character
- I'm so blue: Mr. Las Vegas wants to be Radio New Vegas' host again.
Effects of player's actions
- If player tells him to give up, Mr. Las Vegas will be found hanging around Lone Wolf Radio and there will be a new radio station available for the player, Radio Old Vegas.
- If the player tells Mr. New Vegas to give up(or slay him), Mr. Las Vegas will be the new host and will say the same lines as he'd say on Radio Old Vegas, except he won't display hatred toward his nemesis. Instead, he will mock him.
- If the player convinces both parties to work together, Mr. Las Vegas will be the co-host of Radio New Vegas and will sometime attempt to sabotage his partner's efforts only to meet failure.
- If the player kills them both, Radio New Vegas is no longer available.
- If you actually help Mr. Las Vegas, Raul Tejada will make a comment about your "good action".
- Despite being a ghoul, Mr. Las Vegas has a very high charisma.
- If you crouch, you will hear his knees cracking, followed by a "Aw shit".
- "Ladies and gentlemen, I have sad news for you. Mr. New Veg----What? I thought I deactivated you! How?."
- "Hey, welcome back to Radio New Vegas. Mr. L here. I must inform you that during the last song you’ve listened to, our dear Mr. New Vegas exploded. But I’m still there for you, dear listeners. I---*ZAP*. "
Mr. Las Vegas appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Mr. Las Vegas was inspired of the real Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton.