| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Title: Not Violent Enough
Location: Around Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- Wasteland scene, north of Radium Springs(RadSprings), near the city of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Time: Night. Small makeshift shack challenges the emptiness of the desert. A sandstorm is raging.
- Aside the roaring wind, we hear the screams and cries of a woman. She seems to be in pain. Zoom-in on the small makeshift shack.
- Inside the shack now. There's a double bed, a broken fridge, and a few crates stacked against the wall. The woman is on the bed, apparently in labor. A man sits by her, cheering and supporting her.
- After 10 seconds of mixed cheers and cries, the door of the little shack is kicked open, as a raider shouts a high-pitched "SURPRIIIIIIIISE!".
- The sounds of pain turns into horror, the woman screams even louder as her husband gets up to face the interloper.The raider raises his pistol and shoots the man in the head twice, as a devilish grin appears on his face. He then aims at the woman's stomach and shoots 4 times. He reloads and sheathes his weapon.
- He checks the fridge, takes a bottle of Nuka-cola, smashes the top off and drinks.
- He turns around, looks at his victims, scratches his balls and suddenly realizes he could have made three kills instead of two. The raider mutters "How lame..." , kicks the face of the dead husband, then gets to the exit. He moonwalks his way out.
- Tracking shot of the raider, out in the sandstorm. [Ron Pearlman moment]
- Quick zoom-out, revealing to the viewer the sad state of America from satellite point of view. Planet earth has a weird, faint green glow.
- Three black and white snapshots of vault entrances scroll slowly on the upper third of the screen, from left to right.
""When the atomic warheads were launched around the world, a part of Earth's population sought shelter in vast underground vaults.""
- Two other snapshots, one of a feral ghoul the other of a non-feral ghoul, scroll on the lower third of the screen, from right to left.
““Outside of the vaults, men and women either died or became mutated creatures as the surface was engulfed by the light of radiation.""
- Flags of different factions appear on the screen, fading in one by one, covering the picture of planet earth. First the Enclave flag, then NCR flag, Legion flag, BoS flag, Follower of the Apocalypse flag, Khan Skull.
"When the vaults opened, years later, their inhabitants set out across the ruins of the old world to build new societies, establish new villages, and form new tribes."
- Flags fade out one by one, revealing the picture of the raider who killed the couple. Profile shot: white man with light tan, mohawk-styled brown hair, has piercings on his ear. Looks like he’s in his late 20’s .
“"Some decided they didn't need law. They roam the wasteland, hedonists trying to survive as they make life harder for the lawful remnants of America.””
- The picture of the raider fades out, revealing the face of some kind of sheriff, bust shot, white cowboy hat, grey short hair, handlebar mustache. He looks old, mid 40’s.
““Others struggle to protect the civilized people against all threat, seeking to eliminate lawless beasts and fighting for the greater good.””
- Zoom-in on the eye of the sheriff. We hear a male voice. “Richie? Sir?” The eye blinks and looks
- We are in some sort of office, the sheriff seated at his desk covered with complaint files and bounty sheets. A young man stands at the doorstep, a coffee mug in hand, a worried look on his face. Sheriff invites the man inside. “What is it Joel? A drunken brawl again? You know, your job is to take care of it, not rush to me and let me do everything. You ain’t the deputy to sit on your ass all day.”
- Deputy walks up to the desk, explaining quickly how groups of raiders have been sighted north and east of the small town of RadSprings. Deputy claims that they would cause trouble and that they need to be dealt with quickly before they settle down.
- Sudden gunshot. Deputy is startled, while the sheriff is barely displaying any surprise. He stands up, grabs his sunglasses, and heads out of the town hall, followed by the young man. In the streets of eastern Las Cruces, were wastelanders founded the town known as Caliente Playa, most people rush to safety inside their houses, taking away their Brahmins out of sight as well, while curious folks stay outside, looking around to see where that shot came from. Weather: Sunny, without any clouds in the skies.
- Men ready their weapon then tension drops down as one of the local shouts a “Sorry! It was me! Cleaning my gun!”. Sheriff threatens to confiscate his weapon then lecture the goofy citizen about safety and security.
- Deputy taps the sheriff’s shoulder, warning him again about the raider menace and suggesting to create a small militia to investigate. Sheriff nods and calls to the citizen, explaining the situation and asking for volunteers. A few men approach. They designate a squad leader, then the small group heads out.
- Richie and his Deputy go back inside the town hall, reviewing the plan set in case of raid.
- Back to the raider who killed the couple at the very beginning. Tracking shot of him, walking toward a makeshift camp guarded by his fellow ruffians in a desert area. They are many, about 20 men and women dressed in leather and metal armors. They’re discussing the raid they planned for the night. RadSprings will be attacked for food, water and ammo. Prisoners are optional.
- One of them salutes the protagonist with a cold “Hey Manuel.”, then inquires about last night, wondering where he was gone. It looks like he’s the leader of the group. Manuel sits by one of his associates and tells his friends about the couple he killed. Friend on his right tells him he could’ve kept the baby’s head as a trophy. Manuel shakes his head and says the baby head would rot at some point. Bad idea.
- Friend keeps paying attention to the other conversation as Manuel reaches for a suitcase lying about, allegedly his. He unlocks it, then a troubled expression appears on his face. His favorite chems are missing. The only other person who knows the combination is the guy with the baby head fetish. He turns around and beats his "friend" into submission, before sticking a fork in his nose and ripping it off. The rest of the crew slowly backs away as Manuel dips the bloody nose in a small jar of hot sauce and eats it. "That's what happens when you touch my stuff. You have been warned...Om nomnomnom". Leader seems unimpressed and unconcerned. But deep down, he too fears Manuel’s wrath.
- Review of the plan, weapon selection, the group of raider finishes the preparations. Manuel is handed ammo for his pistol, and look at noseless friend's flamer. He is slightly jealous, and thinks about how he could obtain that weapon, and keep it. He grins, then begins to hum "I don't want to set the world on fire".
- Back to the small militia sent by the sheriff. They reach the small town of RadSprings, asking one of the local (young woman, dark short hair, pretty face) and a few traveling merchants about the raiders whereabouts. They don’t seem to understand and deny the presence of raiders. The men look at each other, confused. They ask if it's a prank. The woman says they aren't lying, and that the town is doing fine. The men from Caliente Playa decide to stay in town for a few days.
- Night time. Back to raider group. Most wears masks, slowly progressing to the outskirt of RadSpring. One throws a stick of dynamite at the nearest house. Raid begins. The raiders charge into town, howling, laughing, and shooting.
- After entering a few houses, throwing few sticks of dynamites, murdering locals, the Young Woman from earlier gets out of a building with a few more raiders, who were disguised as the traveling merchants all along. She holds the head of the militia leader in one hand and a laser rifle in the other.
- Many buildings are on fire, casting ominous shadows of the raiders. In the middle of the carnage, noseless raider runs up to Manuel, with a few round shapes in his hands. "Look bro! Baby heads! Found baby triplets and--". Noseless is interrupted by Manuel: "Look bro, an exploding head.". Manuel then aims his pistol at noseless raider's face, at point blank range, and shoots. Noseless didn’t see that coming.
- Noseless' head explodes. He falls backward, landing on his flamer’s reservoir. Manuel takes the flamer off his previous owner, contempt. He grins and mutters “Finally...” Envy quenched, he equips the weapon and burns the corpse of his late associate.
- Young woman approaches Leader. They exchange a few update about the infiltration plan, the ongoing raid, the slaughter of the small militia. They then continue killing the townsfolk.
- Manuel and a few men enter one of the houses, finding 3 people: a young girl, a woman and an old man. Manuel burns the old man alive as the others dismember the little girl under the horrified look of the woman. Despite missing her arm, the little girl is still alive, screaming. The raider olding the arm beats her senseless with it, as another cuts off her leg. After looking for supplies, they blindfold the woman and cuff her wrists with a chain and a lock before heading out.
- Manuel claims the woman his. Nobody objects. It would be unwise to touch Manuel’s stuff after all.
- Young woman leaves Militia leader’s head on a pike, as a warning to whoever would come back to RadSprings. The raiders leave town, going back to their makeshift camp.
- Richie’s house, night time. Loud knocks on the door, his deputy barges in, waking the old man who was sleeping soundly in his bedroom. Visibly panicked, Deputy says that vivid light can be seen to the northwest. He fears for the people of RadSprings.
- The sheriff gets his gun(M1Garand) and heads outside, only to witness said light. He knows that raiders attacked the nearby town. The expression on his face goes from worry to anger. He swears he will find the raiders and kill ever last one of them. He tells the deputy to follow him as he begins jogging toward RadSprings.
- Back to Young Woman and Leader, as they’re walking toward their makeshift camp. The raiders captured some people. Men, for torture and food. Women, for torture, food and sex. Leader and Young Woman are already discussing a new plan to ambush the people of Caliente Playa. Young Woman will again lie about her identity and make the people of Caliente Playa believe she is one of the survivors.
- Manuel is asked why he is carrying Noseless’ flamer. He lies, and says he died at the hands of some kid trying to be a hero. He tugs on the leash of his new sex slave, the woman he captured, to make her walk faster. He wouldn’t do like some of his associates and carry his prize on his shoulders. “And those other motherfuckers intend on feeding and keeping their women alive...”, he mutters. Sloth isn’t a bad option for him. No need to take care of anyone. No need to worry about anyone except self.
- Young Woman kisses the Leader goodbye, and heads back to the burning town.
- Captive woman trips and falls, causing Manuel to stop. He pulls the leash upward, forcing her to rise on her knees, before putting his pistol against her head, threatening to kill her. He lets the others take the lead, to talk to his slave a bit. He tells her what will become of her, grinning as he sees tears flowing down her cheeks.
- ”BANG”. The Captive screams, startled. Manuel laughs his head off, then tugs on the leash, telling her to keep walking and to keep quiet. They get back to the makeshift camp.
- Daytime, early in the morning. Sheriff and his Deputy reach RadSprings. Sheriff is angry. Deputy is shocked. They walk to the center of town, and find the head on a pike. They look at the head of their late Militia leader. Joel pukes. Richie calls out for survivors.
- Young Woman wearing a deceased local’s dress gets out of the general store, acting scared and troubled. She asks for their help. Deputy is willing to escort her to Caliente Playa. Sheriff thinks the lady is suspicious, as she is the only survivor. Joel says that people can be lucky. They look inside a few remaining buildings carefully, only to witness death and gore.
- They head back home with Young Woman. As they arrive, Richie tells her he’ll keep an eye on her. She smiles and thanks him.
- Daytime, around noon, two days later. At the makeshift camp, a portion of the raiders went to look for the ambush spot the Young Woman discussing with the Leader. The ones who stayed are roasting two of the captured men above a campfire.
- Manuel isn’t hungry. He’s horny. He glares at his slave, lust making his eyes sparkle. He hasn’t tried her out yet. Even if lawless, shameless and careless, he would still like a bit of privacy. He drags his sex slave away from the camp to find a calm, empty spot. He finds a good place, among small dead trees, boulders and dirt. He chains the Captive to a dead tree. She is begging him to let her go.
- "I want you to be a slut for me...”, he says softly as he kneels. He takes off his clothes, and does the same with the captive. “Lie down and spread wide, bitch!" Manuel smirks venomously as he pulls his victim toward him. She keeps squirming to free herself from the chains around her wrists. She struggles against his weight in a last attempt to escape, but soon realises it is futile to try. She hasn’t been fed since her capture and is too weak to resist Manuel. In the end, our hero gets the girl, and gets laid. And stabs her in the chest in the middle of the act, to make her stop crying and screaming. And he fills her womb with hot semen as a last spasm shakes her dead body. Captive is no more.
- Back to the Young Woman disguised as a survivor, in the sheriff’s office. She managed to earn the sympathy and trust of the people of the little town. Richie still doesn’t trust her. Joel, on the other hand, listened as she explained she knows a safe location in the Orange mountains (actual Organ mountain and its surroundings), where the inhabitants of Caliente Playa could take refuge as the raiders would raid the deserted town. They are too many, she says. The town doesn’t stand a chance, she says. Deputy says he thinks it’s a good idea, and says they could fool the raiders into thinking they left town, then find their camp next day to attack them by surprise. Young woman agrees, saying it would be a smart move indeed.
- She heads out of the town hall, about to go to the nearby bar to tell the people they will evacuate. Richie followed her. He grasps her shoulder and forces her to turn around. He asks her about how she discovered that secure location. She shrugs, saying she doesn’t remember, and tells him that it doesn’t really matter, before turning around and entering the bar. He enters as well.
- She explains the evacuation plan to the citizens, telling them to arm themselves as they could encounter critter on the way to the mountains. Sheriff claims that they can defend their home instead of fleeing. Most of the citizens agrees with Young Woman. 1/3 of the people present in the bar will stay with the sheriff.
- Deputy Joel enters the bar, and affirms he will accompany the group on their way, as a lawbringer while they’re away from the town. Sheriff shakes his head as he look at him, disapproving.
- The people of C. P. ready themselves and their Brahmins for the trip. Richie tells Joel to be careful out there. Deputy and Young Woman take the lead of the caravan, leaving the town behind, progressing slowly to the mountains.
- Raider camp. Half of the raider scouts came back, saying they found the ambush spot to be perfect. They mention a few caves around the place which would be a great hideout. Leader tells his crew they will ambush the people setting camp there at night. He sends the scouts back to the spot, telling them to hide in the caves. They leave with some others, jogging at a fast pace toward the Orange mountains.
- Manuel approaches the Leader, and asks what they will do with the villagers and their belongings. Leader replies that they will kill them all, and that he will keep a third of the gains and will split the rest among the group. Manuel wants more. But doesn’t say anything. Cunning, he thinks he could come up with a plan to become the new leader. He could convince others the leader is weak. Or he could kill him like he did with Noseless.
- ”What did you say?”, says Leader. Crap. Some part of the plan leaked, dumb Manuel was thinking aloud. “You say you’re stronger than me, punk?” Ah. That part. Easy to prove. Manuel confirms what he said, and proposes a challenge to Leader: The first man to decapitate one of the captured child wins. Leader says it would be absurd to try without a knife or a hatchet. Prideful, Manuel says that strong men make better leaders.
- Some of the raiders around overheard the argument, and agree with the Leader. Manuel approaches one of the kids and drags him in front of the Leader, claiming the task is easy. Leader still refuses to do it. Manuel asks some of his colleagues to hold down the child as he’ll pull his head off.
- Manuel asks Leader if battle chems are allowed for this contest. Leader replies he can do whatever the fuck he want as it is not even a contest. Manuel reaches for his suitcase, and grabs a syringe of Psycho, and injects it in his arms.
- He approaches the crying, begging child, raiders around him holding it down by arms, legs, and torso. Manuel grabs the kid’s head under the lower jaw, and begins pulling up.
- The kid screams for 20 seconds, crying, as Manuel is unable to decapitate him with sheer strength. Leader giggles, calling Manuel weak. With a sparkle of rage in his eyes along with a battle cry, Manuel decides to change his position. He crouches, puts his hands under the kid’s jaw, and pushes with his arms and legs.
- Camera is directed toward the shadows of the kid and the drugged man. The kid stops screaming, and the sound of flesh being torn is heard. The head is send flying, as a fountain of blood flows from the headless neck. Manuel is laughing. That kind of creepy, high-pitched laugh that would make any sane man shiver.
- Leader and raiders around are shocked. Some of the captives are crying, one fainted. Manuel screams “Who’s the boss now?”. To which Leader replies that going brutal on a kid won’t make him a better “boss”. Manuel, out of rage, kicks the headless body before stomping his way to the campfire. Leader tells his subordinates to kill their captured victims.
- Late afternoon, back to the caravan. They reach the location between the mountains Young Woman talked about, and they set up tents and prepare to go to sleep. Some men have scheduled their watch hours. Deputy approaches the Young Woman and thanks her for her help. She smiles wide and says thanks aren’t necessary.
- At the same time, the remaining people of C. P. are barricading their doors and windows, setting up traps, preparing in case of raid. Sheriff is worried. He looks toward the place his Deputy and citizens were headed, and sighs. He feels he should have stopped them, and have them defend their home instead of fleeing and hiding.
- Nightime, people of C.P. are asleep. One of the guards wanders east, then finds an armored skeleton. On the armor, there is a two headed bear. He takes a closer look around him, and realizes he is standing on the remains of an New California Republic camp. Some of the skeletons are incomplete, their limbs detached and scattered around. He comes back to his camp and wakes up the Deputy to tell him about his discovery.
- ”This is no good....” says Joel as he inspects the remains of the camp, lifting their flag, shaking the dust off. “They were attacked. By who, I dunno. Maybe the Legion.” Guard says the bones have bite marks, and are scattered around. Legion wouldn’t waste their time dismembering their enemies. Deputy says it might have been the coyotes. They ate the corpses and tore them apart. As they are about to go back to their camp, they hear the Young Woman, shouting a “NOW!” which resonate in the mountains. Seconds after, raiders who were hiding in the caves higher in the mountain descend upon the camp, gun blazing, howling, laughing. From west comes Leader and his gang.
- While the massacre is under way, Deputy grabs the arm of the guard who was with him and drags him further east, into a big cave. They enter it. Deputy is terrified. Guard breaks free of Joel’s grasp and rushes to the camp, as the coward Deputy ventures further in the caves.
- The people from Caliente Playa try to defend themselves, shooting down some of the raiders only to meet their demise by either dynamite sticks or shotgun bullets. Surprisingly, the townsfolk are slightly better at ranged combat than the raiders, killing more of them than the Leader expected.
- Some raiders stick to Manuel, letting him handle more foes with his flamer.
- Deputy is still hiding in the cave, when he hears a roar coming from the depths of the mountain. Unmoving, listening, he feels the ground under him tremble slightly. Unable to see anything in the darkness, he lights his lighter. Bad idea. BAD.
- A few feets away from him are a pack of scaly, horned creatures. With impressive claws. He takes the lights out, luckily unnoticed by the Deathclaws which are heading outside with haste, probably alerted by the fight. The biggest one, strangely enough, has a bowler hat stuck on his left horn.
- The last member of the caravan(aside Joel) dies, but the raiders doesn’t have time to celebrate as they are charged by the pack of Deathclaws. The Leader, who was about to go east to search and destroy any remaining citizen, is killed first by the Alpha Male wearing a bowler hat.
- The raiders try to fight back, but bullets aren’t enough to repel the beasts. Unarmed combat would be futile. As they try to run back down the mountain path, a gang composed of 13 people stands between them and the escape route. As the gang betrays the remaining raiders and traps them between bullet and claws, Manuel, leader of this mutiny, readies his flamer to face the abominations.
- The last betrayed dies, and the remaining raiders take cover behind Manuel as his flamer spits fire at the beasts. Facing the fire, the creatures back away as the raider walks toward them. They are afraid of fire, despite their impressive stature and very hard hide. The others shoot at them, doing little damage. They manage to kill one, making the Alpha lead the pack east, running away.
- While Manuel fought the deathclaws, Joel tried to sneak past them, out of sight. But he was spotted by a baby deathclaw, which jumped on his back and slashed him. He turns around, grabs the baby deathclaw, and thanks to adrenaline manages to strangled it. He is severely wounded, but manage to get away from the battle undetected.
As he tries to make his way back to town, he collapses, exhausted. Adrenaline rush is over. ___________________________________________________________________________
- In town, nothing happened. Streets are deadly silent. Citizens are hiding in their houses, armed and ready to fight. Richie is worried, guarding the entrance of the town hall, where the children and the women are kept safe.
- Manuel is now at the entrance of an empty cave. The deathclaws left their nest to them. The 12 other raiders are piling the corpses outside, taking away any valuables, weapons, ammo, chems or food. They stuff the goods in a sack, and hand it to Manuel, who will decide how they’ll share them. Manuel sets fire to the pile of corpses, and heads further into the cavern, followed by the raiders he managed to rally under his leadership.
- As they enter, Manuel tells them to rest while he stand guard at the entrance. After all, he has the tool to keep the deathclaws away. They thank him, and get ready to sleep. One of them drop his batons of dynamite in a corner. Manuel looks at the explosive, grinning. There’s no chance he will be sharing the goods with them. Greedy bastard plans to kill them all.
- After a few hours of snoring, Manuel places a baton of dynamite between each of his followers, using strings to make them all explode at the same time. Using a lighter (since a flamer would make too much sound), he lights the end of the first string. He grabs the sack with all the valuables inside, and heads out. The fire reaches a knot, then spread to the 10 linked to the dynamite.
- Manuel waits outside, smoking a cigarette, his treasure lying at his feet. Taking a lucky guess, he opens his mouth: “Kaaa....”
- Boom. Explosion. The part of the cave where the 12 raiders were sleeping collapses on their remains. Outside, their “leader” laughs. “Mine! ALL MOTHERFUCKING MINE!”. He looks inside, trying to see through the smoke. There is still enough space for one person to set up camp in the cave. Perfect hideout. After the smoke dispersed into the night sky, Manuel got back inside.
- Daytime, early in the morning. Joel is still lying on the ground, in the middle of the desert between C. S. And the Orange mountains. Richie left the town, since nothing happened the previous night. He stumbles upon his deputy, and fears the worst. He injects the back of Joel with a few stimpaks, turns him around and pour water on his face. Joel wakes up.
- The deputy tells the sheriff what happened. The ambush. The deathclaws. He apologizes, says that he should have trusted the sheriff instead of the Young Woman. He talks about the remaining raiders. And their leader. Richie escorts him back to to C.S. , then hits the road again, resolve in his eyes. He will kill the bastards, and go through deathclaws if he has to.
- Back to the cave. Manuel is hungry. REALLY hungry. Maybe it’s the drugs he consumed overnight. He doesn’t know. But the hunger is great. He looks around the non-collapsed parts of the caves. He finds a pile of Brahmin corpses, along with some Roaches munching them.
- Manuel cannot control himself. He grasps one of the insects by surprise, lifts it up to his face and take a bite out of it, as if it was an hamburger. And antoher bite. And another. The radroach squirms in his hands, and dies. The others are still trying to eat what’s left of the deathclaws’ stash. Manuel finished his first radroach, then kneels down on the Brahmins. Using a knife, he chops pieces of meat, ingesting them raw. It tastes good. He still doesn’t know why his stomach feels empty, but his instincts tell him gluttony is the answer. So he eats.
Richie approaches the mountain, seeing smoke rising in the air. He clenches his teeth, his palms turn into fists. He walks up the mountain. But as he climbs, he ends up face-to-face with a wounded deathclaw. A wounded mother deathclaw, and her two babies. Quickly, the sheriff readies his M1 Garand and aims at the mother’s head, shooting repeatedly to end her as she rises. She dies, and her babies, hearing the gunshots, charge.
- Richie walks backward, reloading his weapon, then shoots at the closest target. He hits twice, but doesn’t kill the baby. Richie dodges a clawed attack, and smashes the deathclaw’s head with the other end of his gun, holding onto the cannon. Target flinches, dizzy.
- The other deathclaw pounces on the sheriff, but sheriff swings his M1 Garand on it, casting the beast aside. Richie then start holding his gun properly again, and sticks it in the jaws of the abomination before shooting. One down. One more to go.
- The remaining monster shakes his head, and hurls itself at the sheriff. Richie shoots, and kills it, at last. Sheriff then continue toward the caves.
- Manuel hears the gunshots. He grabs his flamer, but realise it’s empty. It’s back to the good ol’ pistol. He checks if it’s loaded, then hides in his cave, with his treasure.
- Richie approaches. He stands at the entrance. He listens carefully. The echo allows him to hear Manuel breathing. “I know you’re here”, the sheriff says. “It’s over for you. Surrender, or die. Reveal yourself.” Of course, he is lying. He only wants to have the last raider in sight before shooting it down like the dog he is.
- Manuel hides his pistol in his back, his belt holding it in place. He raises his hands, and gets out of his hiding spot. Sheriff aims at him. “Alright old man. I surrender. Please, don’t kill me.”
- ”You wish.”, replies Richie. “Now you’re dead.”
- A small click echoes in the small cave, and the sheriff’s face melts. He is confused, shocked. And terrified. Manuel slowly lowers his arms, astounded. A second click is heard. The ammo clip is empty.
- Manuel reaches for his pistol quickly, and shoots a first time through the sheriff’s heart. Richie stands there, at the entrance. He mutters “Someone will avenge me...Jo---“, and is interrupted by 3 other shots.
- After a moment of silence, Manuel sings “I shot the sheriff”.
- Last scene, where we see Manuel’s face. He says, in the Joker’s fashion: “And now, it’s simple. We kill the deputy.”