This is currently the character checklist I have planned, my existing character was mostly built while I got familiar with the game so I made several mistakes during the forging process. Karma will be Very Evil on the new character, while my current character is a goody two shoes.
Immediately went to Rivet City for the intelligence bobblehead (without leveling up along the way) so as to gain 20 skill points per level (after level 2, so 28 x 20 = 560).
- S: 5
- P: 6
- E: 5
- C: 3
- I: 9
- A: 6
- L: 6
10 Strength - 250 carry weight (300 using strongback) with +5 melee/unarmed damage bonus, and melee weapons +20.
10 Perception -+20 energy weapons, explosives and lockpick.
10 Endurance - Poison/rad resistance +18%, 300 health and +20 big guns and unarmed.
10 Charisma - Barter and speech +20.
10 Intelligence - Skill points per level are 10 base, plus 1 for each point of intelligence. +20 medicine/repair/science.
10 Agility - Small guns and sneak +18. Also determines AP (65 + Agility * 2 = 85 before any perks or items raise or lower it).
10 Luck - +5 to all skills and +10% critical hit chance.
Starting Skills Edit
- If dump skills are required use unarmed and big guns. The former is unimportant without Iron Fist perks, and the latter has a skill book which respawns every 73 hours.
- There are 24-25 skill books for every skill. Comprehension (648 skill points total, +48-50 to each skill) vs. Educated (78 skill points total).
- Current checklist is not min/maxed perfectly, but does allow one to nearly fulfill all skill requirements for perks by level 8-10. Pyromaniac and ninja being the exceptions if you only collect mentioned skill books or bobbleheads, however collecting more than those mentioned means you will meet all perk requirements by level 10 or so.
- Barter - 11 + 2 (IT Charisma) = 13
- Big Guns - 15
- Energy Weapons - 17 + 15 (tagged) = 32 (Wazer Wifle) + 11 (Level 6) + 12 (Level 7) + 6 (x3 Nikola Tesla and You, Vault 106 and Jury Street Metro station) = 61 (required for Concentrated Fire)
- Explosives - 17 + 8 (Level 2) = 25
- Lockpick - 17 + 15 (tagged) + 11 (Level 2) = 43 + 2 (+1 perception hat) + 5 (Vault 101 utility jumpsuit) = 50 (required for repair bobblehead)
- Medicine - 23 + 10 (Bobblehead - Medicine) + 2 (Bobblehead - Intelligence) = 35 + 5 (Level 3) = 40 + 20 (Level 4) = 60 (required for Cyborg)
- Melee Weapons - 15
- Repair - 23 + 15 (tagged) + 2 (Bobblehead - Intelligence) + 10 (Bobblehead - Repair) = 50
- Science - 23 + 2 (Bobblehead - Intelligence) + 10 (Bobblehead - Science) = 35 + 15 (Level 3) = 50 (required for Entomologist and Robotics Expert) + 10 (x5 Big Book of Science, Shalebridge) = 60 (required for Cyborg)
- Small Guns - 17 + 20 (Level 7) + 20 (Level 8) + 4 (x2 Guns and Bullets, Grayditch and Arlington Library) = 61 (required for Concentrated Fire)
- Sneak - 17 + 20 (Level 5) + 9 (Level 6) = 46 + 4 (x2 Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual, Springvale School and near Super-Duper Mart) = 50 (required for Silent Running)
- Speech - 11 + 2 (IT Charisma) = 13
- Unarmed - 15
Level Perks Edit
- Lvl 2: Intense Training - +1 Charisma
- Lvl 3: Black Widow
- Lvl 4: Comprehension - 4 Int
- Lvl 5: Child at Heart - 4 Cha
- Lvl 6: Entomologist - 4 Int, 40 Science
- Lvl 7: Toughness - 5 End
- Lvl 8: Commando
- Lvl 9: Gunslinger
- Lvl 10: Finesse
- Lvl 11: Strong Back - 5 Str, 5 End
- Lvl 12: Robotics Expert - 50 Science
- Lvl 13: Scrounger - Makes the ammo press fairly useless.
- Lvl 14: Cyborg - 60 Medicine, 60 Science
- Lvl 15: Silent Running - 6 Agi, 50 Sneak
- Lvl 16: Action Girl - 6 Agi
- Lvl 17: Better Criticals - 6 Per, 6 Luck
- Lvl 18: Concentrated Fire - 60 Energy Weapons, 60 Small Guns
- Lvl 19: Adamantium Skeleton
- Lvl 20: Grim Reaper's Sprint
- Lvl 21: Bloody Mess
- Lvl 22: Quantum Chemist - 70 Science
- Lvl 23: Demolition Expert - 50 Explosives
- Lvl 24: Demolition Expert
- Lvl 25: Demolition Expert
- Lvl 26: Pyromaniac - 60 Explosives
- Lvl 27: Ninja - 80 Melee Weapons, 80 Sneak
- Lvl 28: Sniper - 6 Per, 6 Agi
- Lvl 29: Light Step - 6 Per, 6 Agi
- Lvl 30: Almost Perfect
Quest Perks Edit
- Ant Might - +1 Str and +25% fire resistance.
- Barkskin - +5% damage resistance.
- Hematophage - +20 hps from blood packs.
- Power Armor Training
- Rad Regeneration - Useless.
- Wired Reflexes - +10% V.A.T.S. accuracy.
- Survival Expert or Dream Crusher - Complete all optional objectives and pick snide answers (bottom) or crush her dreams.
- Covert Ops - +3 Science, +3 Small Guns, +3 Sneak
- Auto Axpert - +25% damage with auto axes.
- Booster Shot - +10% radiation resistance.
- Pitt Fighter - +3% radiation and damage resistance.
- Punga Power! - Punga removes more radiation (makes refined punga more useful than cave fungus), just the thing after a hearty meal of human flesh.
- Ghoul Ecology - +5 damage versus ghouls (bug makes it +5 versus all enemies).
- Superior Defender - +5 points of damage and +10 damage resistance when standing still.
- Xenotech Expert - +20% damage with alien weapons.
Houses, and Property Edit
- Tasty Treats (Andale) - Early Game Primary, try to secure the Concrete treehouse and the turret (intact) by leaving Dogmeat (on the ground) and Jericho (next to the turret) stationed there and reverse pickpocketing better guns/armor onto the scavenger.
- Planet Pandora (Mothership Zeta) - Primary, kill Paulson and Somah once I am done with them. Reverse pickpocket enclave hellfire armor onto Elliott Tercorien and Toshiro Kago (give Toshiro a super sledge, or ripper and keep his sword)
- Tenpenny Tower - Secondary, as it will be a lengthy period before I finish the wasteland survival guide, or crush Moira' dreams of writing it depending on which way I go. Let in the ghouls (but not before finding Argyle), and setup Mister Burke as Roy Phillips right hand man.
Armor, Helmet, and Mask Edit
- Ranger battle armor (pickpocket, select Eugene), Three Dog's headwrap, lucky shades and lucky 8-ball.
- Tribal power armor and Ledoux's hockey mask.
- Chinese Stealth Armor, Ledoux's hockey mask or samurai helmet and ghoul mask.