That time of year again and my hatred of Christmas returns. Has been there since I heard the first blasted song in a store. Also when they started the blasted specials of TV shows and even had rock Christmas songs on the radio. Blegh. If it was a real holiday and not some clapped together monstrosity, I would like it, but the more and more I read about how mish mashed it is with all sorts of old not-even-heard-of-anymore celebrations, the more I disliked it. For the full list, see here.
This Week's Trivia
Last year I had all the facts on how Christmas is not even a real holiday. This year, I have something else in the "holiday" vein: At the end of the old song "Twelve Days of Christmas," the recipient has gotten 364 presents. Just one shy of one for each day of the year.
I hope they liked them all, or things'll be awkward.
Last Week's Polls
Ever named a pet an odd name?
- Third was that you pick perfectly normal names. Make sure you pick a different name than other what your neighbor's dog is named. You might find them coming when you call, not Fido.
- Second was that you don't even have any pets to name. You live in a sad existence. Granted, you also live without random animal hairs making their way into the house.
- And first was you loved it sooo much, because it was unique. I saw a book once, it was all about names you could pick for your cat or dog. I thought that was lousy. Couldn't people come up with a name on their own? It is not that hard.
Ever felt a certain plot for something was "overly complicated"? (Modified from WhoeverReadThis' idea)
- Third was no. You like to spend your time trying to wrap your mind around things that 99% of the population is unable to.
- Second was a little bit. The Evil Within's plot is a little complicated, but thankfully each chapter merely focuses on how to get out with story additions along the way, not the whole shebang at once.
- And first was Yes! "LOST" anyone?
Why were cats unchanged by radiation? (from WhoeverReadThis)
- Third was they used up their nine lives right there. Then why are humans unchanged? Humans only have one "life" to spare!
- Second was that they did change, but not a visual change. Perhaps they have two sets of lungs or something. Or two hearts. Or...
- And first was because cats are awesome! At least you can ride out the apocalypse with your kitty and not worry that they were going to turn into some monstrosity that would attack on sight because they suddenly thought you smelled tasty.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week. If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!