I think we all know someone who has said a "bonehead" comment. Or done something bonehead. I remember two in particular:
- 14 years ago, when I had Measles (or Chicken Pox, I don't know which one it was), mom pumped me up with Benadryl and I basically slept it off for 4 days straight. What bonehead thing happened here? She took a picture of me when I was asleep, and I was covered with red spots. And then she showed it to me later, saying when I got upset (who wouldn't?!), "I thought you would want to remember when you got the Measles or Chicken Pox." Why would I want another reminder? I still have scars on my chest and arms all these years later. That picture went missing long ago, and I don't know where it is, and I'm certainly not going to look for it.
- Not too long ago, I went to bed and got the worst backache. I must have pulled a muscle earlier in the day when I was searching the ground for acorns (long story). It was so bad, I could barely even move, so I crawled out of bed and into my parents' room to ask them for an aspirin and pain balm, but they were so deep in their snores that they went on sleeping. I kept increasing the volume of the pleads for help, but they still were asleep. Finally, out of desperation, because the pain was so bad I started to black out, I screamed at the top of my lungs, "HELP! I'M IN PAIN!!" and finally the snores stopped and mom mumbled, "What?" and by this time I was on all fours and said, "I'm in pain and now I'm blacking out." so they finally got up and then dad said as he went for an aspirin and pain balm, "Well, if you'd blacked out, you wouldn't have been in pain anymore." Nice one, dad. I'll remember that one for the rest of my life. I told him later that that was a bonehead thing to say, and he replied, "Hey, it was the truth." That's not helping any, dad. It makes it sound even worse.
This Week's Trivia
Roman politicians would discuss important policies and laws in the forum, but nearby was the tri via, which was where three roads met (sort of like a crossroads), and this was the place ordinary citizens would meet and exchange gossip. We now know that this is where the word "trivia" came from.
Last Week's Polls
Ever thought some books/movies/TV shows/video games (even neighbors) swore too much?
- Third was not being sure. Do I have to reiterate that you have to make up your mind sometime again?
- Second was Yeah! Because then it starts to detract from the story. I remember too many movies I went to were like that.
- And first was No! Maybe, but there is a fine line between "just right" and "too much." There are more words to say than F this and F that.
What if there was a hardcore mode where, if you died, you were PERMANENTLY dead, as in the game deleted your character, instead of just sending you to the game menu?
- Third was "I guess so..." Not one for making up your mind, are you?
- Second was never playing hardcore. In New Vegas, when you die, instead of reloading (like "casual" play), the game sends you to the game menu. The need for water and food is a pain, take it from me. I still haven't finished that playthrough yet.
- And first was liking the old system better. Because you won't loose everything, just a few hours and amazing loot if you forgot to have a recent save. Take it from me: save often.
Ever had a "character build" that you went to over and over?
- Third was always mixing it up. Imagine a character that's great with Barter, and also great with Unarmed. If the customer doesn't want to pay what you're asking, you can give a tooth-busting punch.
- Second was only after not playing that kind of character for a while. I hadn't been into Unarmed or Melee for the longest time, but I totally forgot the rad V.A.T.S. kills with Power Fists and bladed weapons.
- And first was all the time! Even my charge-in-and-kill types still have a good amount of Sneak. I just can't seem to stop.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
UNDERLINING AND CAPS THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!!!