Today marks the first day of Hurricane Season for the United States. Woo-freaking-hoo. If there is one part fo the year that I can live without, it is that one. Those of you that live elsewhere in the world might get typhoons instead of hurricanes, but its all the same to me. Of course, it doesn't matter where you live; there wil be some natural disaster for your area that you can't live quite comfortably, like wildfires in California and Arizona, tornadoes in the middle of the States, and blizzards up north. Wherever you live, there's the potential to get screwed. Bitter? Nope. Just facts.
This Week's Trivia
The word "monster" comes from the Latin word monstrum which means "to reveal."
However, considering that most enitities under that title are anything but revealing of their mysteries - werewolves, vampires, etc. - that word is more of a misnomer than anything.
Last Week's Polls
Do you ever get out of bed in the morning totally refreshed?
- Third was comment. Basically half and half. I wish I was like you.
- Second was never. Me too! What a bad thing to have in common!
- And first was only when you had a long, uninterrupted sleep. I get those too...but I still don't feel refreshed.
- And for two honorable mentions, we have one vote for always: either I should be totally envious of you, or you're a dirty liar. And for the other vote, was one person who said he never sleeps. Vampire! Burn the vampire!
Would you like to be able to pick locks and hack terminals that were above your skill level?
- Third was a tie between only if you picked a certain perk and maybe. Would the perk have steep requirements? It always seems that the best ones do.
- Second was no way. Not a fan of Skyrim's system, I see...
- And first was totally, but only that harder and harder leveled locks and terminals should be tougher the less skill you have. I think the record for busting picks on a Master lock in Skyrim when I had 30 skill was over 40. I was very nearly ready to throw in the towel when it finally opened. Thank the gods that there was very nice loot inside, otherwise I might have gone off like a fireball.
You're out in the middle of the hot Mojave desert, and you just ran out of clean water. There is a water source nearby, but its green with algae. You...?
- Third place was comment. Some people said cacti, some said they'd be just fine, and Brandon said he'd drink his own piss. If I meet you in the desert, I'm keeping a wide berth.
- Second place was a tie of making a condensation collector and filtering out the green with various methods. I tried that, once. I filtered out a large quantity of green. Granted, I did it just to see if I could do it, not that I was in need of water or anything...
- And first was keep walking. Who knows what the green could be! Better to save on medical bills that way, too.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all this week! If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!