While I love patterns, there are some that I think are ugly. Geometric patterns (like ones that appear on "modern" paintings and Neo-cubist junk) make me twist my face in disgust. Why? I can't tell you. I don't know why I hate them, but I just hate them. I also generally don't like stripes. Another pattern I can't tell you why I don't like it. Sure, they're fashionable, but you shouldn't wear things that are dictated by "fashion" but you don't like. That's a recipe for disaster.
This Week's Trivia
In March 1993, a drunk (unknowingly) broke into the M16 - Britain's equivalent of of the CIA - looking for a place to sleep off his binge. He wandered around the headquarters for an hour undetected before they found him.
Goes to show that even what are supposed to be the "safest" and "most secure" places can be anything but.
Last Weeks' Polls
Are there words that you think are over-used and just drive you crazy when you hear/read them?
- Third was that there are no words that bother you. Hear them too many times in a sentence and you'll change your mind right quick...
- Second was only when someone uses something too many times in a row. So true! But things can also get on your nerves when its said a certain way. I've gotten utterly, completely annoyed by "anyway" when its said with a certain tone (dismissive) and you were trying to make a point about something important and all they wanted to do was talk about themselves and they say "Well, annnyyywaaayyy" and I felt the smoke coming from the top of my head.
- And first was yeah! Kind of makes you want to rip out the speakers in a store (when its broadcast) or yell at someone (when they're spoken aloud).
Do you like how they changed the sawed off shotgun from the way it was in Fallout 3 to the way it is in Fallout: New Vegas (two shots versus one)?
- Third was you liked it. But it only had one shot! Double barreled shotguns in the real world don't work like that!
- Second was that it was really changed? Sure it was. Normally, I don't use it, but then I did and I was irritated that it had only one shot. Fallout 3's version sucked. Fallout: New Vegas' really sucked.
- And first was that you never even used the weapon. I think it was my...fourth or so playthrough before I finally used it in Fallout 3. First playthrough in New Vegas because I had heard it was changed and wanted to try it out. Fallout 3's: dissapointment. New Vegas': major dissapointment.
Did you think that the "Wasteland Survival Guide" quest in Fallout 3 was too long?
- Third was a tie between it took forever to finish and that there is a quest like that? Damn right there is. Her cheery attitude about you getting hurt or that you had to traverse a minefield and get shot at by a crazy old coot made me want to bash her head in. Go be your own guinea pig!
- Second was another tie between comment and maybe. Only the perk at the end was worth it. Otherwise, too much trouble for barely any reward.
- And first was that it seemed okay. After numberless playthroughs, it sort of became ingrained. After not playing Fallout 3 in ages, I've started to forget. Perhaps its for the better.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!!!