There are words that drive me up the wall. They are over-used words and I am just plain sick of them. Like "conversation," "tactical," "app" or "apps," "community," and "tweet." You won't likely see "tactical" around in other than a hunting or gun magazine, but the things I've seen the word slapped to is just nuts. Tactical pen? Tactical notebook? Please.
This Week's Trivia
We might've been driving Horchs today had it been that a German car maker not had an argument with his company backers. August Horch was an irascible character, and prefered to leave his company to make another one than patch up his relationship with his backers. However, he could not use his own name anymore because the oroginal company still had the rights to it. So, Horch used the Latin translation of his name (which in German means "hear"), and produced in 1909 the first Audi.
Last Week's Polls
Ever had a conversation with someone, and suddenly felt that you were not talking about the same thing, even though at first you totally thought you were?
- Third was what was I talking about? I don't think I was being too vague with that.
- Second was a tie between once in a blue moon and that it happens alot. When it ends up being something serious, they'll say you weren't paying attention in the first place, but how could that have been? I was having a whole conversation with you!
- And first was just sometimes. Sometimes we end up laughing, but others we end up arguing. There seems no way to avoid this weird occurence when it decides to strike.
Should "Unique Weapons" look the same as their "normal" counterparts, or should they also have a different model?
- Third was not caring because you don't use those weapons at all. I don't know about you, but I got a funny itch when I saw this that someone voted for this because they wanted a third place, or felt sorry that it didn't have any votes. Not like that's not happened before...
- Second was just a few extra scratched or a decal. That weapon at the end of Vault 34, past all the feral ghouls, endless rads, and angry turrets had a decal, but it wasn't calibrated right, and the damn thing dissapeared when you had it in your hands! Argh!
- And overwhelmingly first (91% of the vote) was a different model. I think it makes the idea of unique weapons all the more unique. Why should it have the same model, just different stats? I think that's just the lazy developer's way out.
Did you ever support Sierra Petrovita's addiction?
- Third was NEVER! STAY AWAY FROM MY NUKA-COLA QUANTUM!!!! I can get caps some other way, like selling raider weapons. They are alot more prolific than the Quantum.
- Second was that you only did the quest so you could get Ronald Laren's weapon. Most of the times when I got around to the quest, I did that too. Started it, went outside, killed him to get his weapon, then either went on my merry way and forgot about the quest, or went back into her shack and killed her too and took her stuff. I always lamented that you couldn't take that giant bottle from the corner of her room...
- And first was you did, because you're a junkie too. Major Dhatri would have some choice words for you.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!