I am totally going to watch the inauguration today. There are those that won't watch it due to political whining, and, hey, go ahead. You've had 8 years of Obama (and I've suffered 8 years), where you got to "believe" in his totally untrue "Change you can believe in" slogan, but now I'm (and many, many others) going to have someone in there that I could believe in.
This Week's Trivia
Long ago (at least 1700's), tomatoes were considered poisonous, because they are part of the Nightshade family. Therefore, because of that belief, a Tory tried to assassinate George Washington when he was a general with tomato soup. It didn't work, obviously.
Yet, at the same time, some considered tomatoes aphrodisiacs, and were called "Love Apples," due to a mis-reading of the French name.
Last Week's Polls
Ever written your own fan-fiction?
- Third was a tie of three options: you never get around to it, comment, and you did, and it was great! I found a good saying a while ago: "There are seven days in a week, and 'someday' is not one of them." Granted, you could argue with me on that (dad did), but it right, no?
- Second was you did, but decided that it was bad. Try to re-write it. Some chapters I write down end up being...remodeled, because I stuck with it. You should too.
- And first was that you never into that kind of thing. Prefer to read books on the New York Times' Best Seller List?
Do you prefer unmarked quests or marked quests?
- Third is another tie: neither and you don't know what quests are. I hope you were joking. For both. All games have quests!
- Second was both. As long as they actually point you to what you need to do, I don't mind unmarked. But the way they are in Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Argh...
- And first was marked. Better way to see what you've accomplished! When the list is really long, you can smile at you acheivements...and your parents/wife/husband will moan your "waste of time."
Are there ever achievements/trophies that you've tried and tried and TRIED to get, but just couldn't complete the requirements for it?
- Third was yet another tie! This time between all the time and that you don't let anything get in the way of an acheivement or trophy. Quite the opposites there.
- Second was that you never bothered with them in the first place. Probably best. I've had nightmares and unrestful sleep because I thought and thought on how I could get one.
- And first was some of the time. In my "I'll never get it" list: Akumu, Nightmare, and Don't Upgrade Anything from Evil Within; Caravan and Pickpocket ones from New Vegas; Daedric and Master Criminal from Skyrim; online ones from Bioshock 2; and online and difficulty past normal ones for F.E.A.R. and spin-offs. Quite a list.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all this week! If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!