I'm tired of lackluster writing implements. I mean, if we have technology to create phones as thin (or thinner) as a No.2 pencil, why can't we perfect the ballpoint pen? Its not like they're off-brand or anything - Bic or Paper-Mate - but they leave splatters on the paper or just plain refuse to write when they've got full ink in the tube and I've rolled the ball enough to make permanent marks on the page. Can't they spend a little more to make a better pen?
This Week's Trivia
According to an old (and hopefully not enforced any longer) law, tickling a girl with a feather duster was illegal in Portland, Maine.
I don't know who thinks of these things.
Last Week's Polls
Do you ever think that the rooms of your house get smaller in the dark?
- Third was yeah, but that you hardly ever trip over anything. No, but you might bump into something. I've whacked into a cedar closet a few times.
- Second was that yeah! And you always trip over stuff! Things that seem perfectly in line in the daylight are anything but at night. You think we'd get used to it, but we just trip over it instead.
- And first was nah. Do you leave a light on? I have several nightlights. Some of them aren't that bright (I have a weak spot for blue, and so I bought blue nightlight bulbs, which don't give off as much light as regulars), but that's okay. As long as I don't trip and fall into bed again.
What kind of cut-scene do you like?
- Third was a tie between non-interruptable and what's cut-scene?First: You like your games long, where you can't get back to playing. And second: You must be joking.
- Second was as long as the scene was good, you don't care. You'll care when you have to sit there listening to Benny and his schemes in the intro scene and you can't do anything about it. I turn the volume to mute and turn my head away.
- And first was interruptable. If only there was a way to interrupt non cut-scene scenes, like where the jarl of Whiterun has that long conversation with his staff during Dragon Rising (twice, no - three times) and the long conversations between him and his staff during the Civil War. You can't interrupt; they just say "I'm busy" and then you have to sit there until they're done and you're thinking the whole time "Hurry up so I can get back to my game!"
Ever thought that there were too many mediocre weapons in a game?
- Third was that you never really noticed. You must use...well...what do you use to fight enemies?
- Second was all the time! The .32 pistol in Fallout 3 comes to mind....
- And first was sometimes. Falmer, Iron, and Forsworn Arrows in Skyrim come to mind. The only good thing about them is that you can get lots of them. And the only thing I like about Falmer Arrows is the cool looking quiver.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!!