I've been bandying back and forth between playing The Evil Within and New Vegas (I got the itch again, and roleplaying a character from another video game, mostly) and I'm ashamed to admit: I forgot most of the controls! I had to look in the in-game help to see what I had to do. Moving and looking I had down pat, but everything else: ugh. I've also convinced myself that this is the time I'm going to get the House-related achievenemts, even though I hate House with a vengeance. I've got the independent, the NCR, the Legion, so might as well get the House ones, too. Still hate House, though. With a vengeance.
Also, because of recent playing of Skyrim (as well as Evil Within), I found myself trying to perform actions that were not present in New Vegas: attempting to use inventory buttons from Evil Within (didn't work, obviously) and looking for Mora Tapinella (an alchemy ingredient from Skyrim) on stumps...even though there are no mushrooms on stumps in New Vegas. I stared at the stumps and shouted at myself: "Fool! This is a totally different game! Stop looking for Alchemy ingredients!"
This Week's Trivia
Hops (a type of herb) has been used in the brewing of beer for ages. I mean ages, since some recipes for hops-based beer was found in 5,000 year old papyrus scrolls from Egypt. Hops is also a relaxing herb, like chamomile, and is often found in tea mixes for night-time use to help you go to sleep.
Last Week's Polls
Do you have The Evil Within?
- Third was a tie between you do and you love it, and that blasted "other." Handsome male characters? Sign me on!
- Second was another tie, this time between not knowing what I was talking about, and that you plan on getting it soon. Well, its not like it was a secret or anything. We had a blog post here from your news anchorman (Agent C) about it, even a caption contest for one of the screen shots. 'Course, that was two years ago....
- And first was that you will not be getting it. There is some part of me that doesn't blame you. It requires 7 GB of free space so it can install itself, and since I only had a 8 GB memory stick that the console took 2 GB for its own use, it was all I ever needed before, so I had to go to the store and get a 32 GB memory stick (more than enough, but I wanted to make sure), then had to wait while the game installed itself which took 40 blasted minutes. At least they had pictures that you could look at while the thing took its sweet time.
Are you a fan of "survivor horror" games, where you have the least amount of supplies to get you through the most amount of enemies?
- Third was that you love them. Evil Within is my first in this genre. I don't know if I'll be getting any in the future, but the game is a good starting point.
- Second was hell no. Oh no! You've confronted by a boss in a parking garage, and you don't have enough ammo! This happened last night with a giant in said parking garage, and I ran out. I had to run around grabbing up twosies threesies of pistol bullets lying around while avoiding his mouth (which was insta-kill if I got caught...which happened a few times) and shooting him with it and throwing grenades wildly. I'll make sure I'm better with supplies...next time.
- And first was so-so about it. Both good and bad: it makes you a better shot (ammo conservation) but can also lead to dozens of shouted curse words and gritting of teeth (because you ran out of bullets and there's a horde of enemies running at you).
Do you think console players should have "console commands"? (modified from Thecoldboringguy157's idea)
- Third was that it was just fine as is. Could have some problems with entering codes, now that you mention it...
- Second was that you were neutral about it. At least you didn't pick the "other" option.
- And first was that hell yes! You wanted them! I would cheat and give myself God mode so I could go through Dead Wind Cavern without worrying if I was going to bite the dust. I would also give myself God mode for the entirity of Evil Within.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all this week! Leave me ideas if you have any!