Ever couldn't remember what you were going to say, even though the thought had just popped into your head seconds ago? You get interupted, and: poof! You can't remember for the life of you what you were going to say. I've lost count of the times I've done this, and when it happens again, I tell mom or dad, "Hey, you know I'll remember it later when it will have no impact on conversation." Which is the truth, sad to say. Or, sometimes, (rarely, thank God!) I'll remember it the next day, and I'll shout out, "Hey! Now I remember what I was going to say!" and by this time everyone has forgotten that you were going to make point on something, and so you have to remind them what you were talking about the day before, and then there's that chance when you're explaining that you forget your point all over again. Ugh.
This Week's Trivia
The "409" cleaner is actually named 409 because it took that many tries before the inventor got the solution right, so its named in honor of that.
Just goes to show that if you persevere, you can come through eventually.
Last Week's Polls
Ever had someone tell you a bonehead comment, or do a bonehead thing to you?
- Third was not knowing what "bonehead" meant. Come on! Of course you do!
- Second was sometimes. Being treated like dirt sometimes is better than being trated like dirt all the time, am I right?
- And first was all the time. Shame that people can't be nice to each other, isn't it? There's a lady I know (in passing, like an aquaintance) at a gas station, and she's always so nice and happy to see me. If more people were like her, the world would be a better place.
When someone's done a bonehead deed to you, how do you respond?
- Third was giving them the silent treatment. At least it prevents an argument, though the tension in the muscles is there regardless.
- Second was other. I'm seriously considering omiting "other" from polls in the future. It gets too many votes and I can't think of something to say in reply most of the time.
- And first was planning to give them a bonehead deed later when they least need it. Hey, like that quote I often spout but don't know where it came from: "Don't get mad. Get even."
Ever thought that you said (or did) something of a bonehead nature to someone else?
- Third was appologizing after the fact. If it was unwarranted, sure. If it was...well...
- Second was not feeling sorry about it. If they deserved it, they deserved it. Nothin' more to be said.
- And first was not generally acting that way. You can only hold your tongue for so long before something blurts out. Done that too many times to count.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
Bold and italics this time! Leave ideas on my talk page if you have any!