Ever said something that totally didn't make sense, or, instead, didn't match what you were trying to mean? Mom is a pro at this, though not on purpose. This morning we were listening to the news and they were talking about some guy getting criminal charges, and so mom asked, "Does anyone want criminal service?" when she meant chocolate syrup. 'Course, I've laughed at bloops by her in the past, like "dampit" when she meant "dammit" or "barding dog" when she meant "darting barking dog." Or the now classic (to me, at any rate) "spork and foon" which, although there are sporks, there are no foons that I know of.
This Week's Trivia
The word "limits" come from the Latin limites, which meant "to the road" or "to the fence."
Last Week's Polls
If you HAD to choose between them, would you choose hot or cold temperatures?
- Third was two votes for not wanting to choose. You know, I'm in a quandary: did these people vote for the option because they wanted to have a third place? Did they feel sorry for it because it didn't have any votes? They really felt that way? They didn't comment on it, so I have no idea what they meant.
- Second was hot. You know, I've often lamented that you only get sunburns in the summer when you're allready hot, so the new sunburn now keeps you warmer when that was the last thing I wanted. =/
- And first was cold. Pass the gloves and extra blankets. We 65 people can have a party while the ten people from second place can swelter and suffer!
Would there be such a thing as too much realism in games?
- Third was the more realism, the better. Hey, if your in-game spouse gets on your case after you've come home fighting deathclaws all day and says you have to clean the dust bunnies while they've just sat around, don't come complaining to me.
- Second was that it wouldn't matter, as long as the game was great. I wouldn't want to have to use the bathroom in the middle of nowhere because I just drank a bunch of Nuka-Cola, would you? Realism has to quit somewhere.
- And first was Totally! People passing on the street complaining that you need a shower would be just as bad as the people in Skyrim complaining when I have a disease I haven't got around to curing yet. Shut up! I know that already!
Player characters are apparently supposed to take everything that happens to them "in stride." If you were in their shoes, would you fare as well as them?
- Third was only half before you called it quits. Forget saving the world! I have to save my sanity!
- Second was only one or two of them, before you said "Enough!!" If that barkeep askes you to get him that rare, much-sought-after-alcohol that just *happens* to be in the deathclaw den when you sit down to relax, go ahead and punch him in the face.
- And first was not that much stuff. Heck, I get super frustrated about minor sewing projects that don't work out. I can't imagine what I'd be if I had to go through all that. [passerby nudge each other] Look out! Here she comes! Run!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
CAPS AND ITALICS THIS WEEK! POST ANY IDEAS ON MY TALK PAGE IF YOU HAVE SOME!