I had watched a true crime story a while ago about some kid (he was a kid back then, when the story originally played out) who got addicted to playing video games, and his parents didn't like it and so they locked up the new Halo 3 (like I said, long time ago) he bought in the safe so he couldn't play it. So, he got angry, stole the keys to the safe, took out the game and his father's gun, and shot his parents from behind while they watched TV. His mother later died from her wounds, but the father survived.
So, while he thought they were gone, he took the game and drove to his friend's house to play it there, but the cops got wind of it from a neighbor who heard everything, and he was arrested. He's still in jail, if I remember correctly.
When my parents were watching this with me, mom turned to me worried and asked if I had any "shooter" type games, and yes, I do, so I said "Yeah," and she was instantly worried that I would take a gun and shoot them in the night. I said "That kid was crazy. Shooting games don't make you want to kill. He thought the game was real, I know they are just games." But that didn't appear to faze any fears and she said she stayed awake for a few nights in fret that I would do something like that. Nuts! I told her "Shooting games are good target practice. They have not and never will make me want to kill someone."
This Week's Trivia
Ever heard of John Browning? He was a famous gun manufacturer back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. He started to design guns when he was just 16, after he graduated from school, and almost instantly his guns were a big hit. At first he made them in a shop the size of a garage, but moved to bigger shops as his guns' popularity continued to grow. You might know the name from the 1911 pistol, which he designed in 1911 (duh), and still is one of the most popular pistols in the USA and the world, and with hardly any modifications to the original design.
Last Week's Polls
Ever find things-not-meant-to-be-there in your food?
- Third was not paying attention. Hey, if you crack a tooth on a stray bolt in your peanut butter, don't come crying to me.
- Second was you eat only "clean" food. Are you sure? Did you check? That might have not been wheat bran in your bread, it might be a bug.
- And first was sometimes only. You have better luck than me. I hate "accidental escargot," especially because I'm a vegetarian.
Ever had fun with the Experimental MIRV?
- Third was never getting around to it. Hey, its not that hard. Just save, gather your mini-nukes and MIRV, go any place where an inconvenient bomb can't drop down and kill you, fire away and marvel at the destruction, and load previous save.
- Second was tons! You must have found more of the mini-nukes than I. Or you have the PC version and gave yourself extra nukes. I only ever found 50 or so.
- And first was a little, just for the hype. Did it live up the hype, then? I have hoarding issues, so I cried when I shot off 8 prized nukes. So, I reloaded that save and was still left with ... my precious.
Have you ever liked a character, but then stopped liking them for some reason?
- Third was a tie (4 votes each) of "once you like someone, you like them always" and "Never": For the "never," I can say that there are some characters that I've never liked, ever, ever, ever! Delphine, I hate you!!
- Second was another tie! This time (8 votes each) "sorta" and "totally!" I used to like Ghorbash the Iron Hand, but I turned into a werewolf once and accidentally scratched him, so he took an axe to the back of my head, and I died and just layed there while the game showed me him and the female Bandit Chief walking away together. I stopped liking him after that. I even deleted that character because she was married to him.
- And first was once or twice. I used to like that Kings guy who ran up to you if you had a good Freeside rep, but after a while it got annoying (especially if he kept coming at you everytime you exited a building), so I started to run away from him.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week! If you have any ideas, leave them on my talk page!