Lately I've been wrting poetry. Before you leave saying I'm one of those hoity-toity art-folk type people, no I'm not. Never been. Sure, I have my prefered types of art, but I'm not one of those people who hang out in galleries contemplating art and its meaning.
There have been some awful poems out there. Lots of them:
- Don't make any sense
And most importantly
- Don't rhyme
So then, what's the point? Isn't that what's supposed to be poetry in the first place? It rhymes, and just as important, makes sense? So the poetry I write makes sense and rhymes. Granted, its about stuff that generally isn't written about in poetry, like crappy music and branches falling down in windy weather (no joke), but at least the reader won't stare off into space trying to comprehend the meaning of it.
This Week's Trivia
Do you know that there are bugs that spend years as larvae before growing into an adult, then the adult form only lasts a month or so? The Cicada is one. It spends 7 years as a beetle-type entity burrowing in the dirt, then to come out when ready to only live a month as the adult to mate, lay eggs, then die. The Mayfly is also one of this type of bug; it lives 8 or 9 years as a water-borne larve and when ready it pupates into the fly and only lives for a week in that form before dying.
What a way to live.
Last Week's Results
Which of the newer Fallout games had your favorite crafting recipes?
- Third was not giving a damn about crafting. There's so much else to do, right? Who needs to waste time crafting pipe bombs you'll never use!
- Second was New Vegas. I liked all the ammo you could craft. Downside was that my Repair was never high enough for the ones I really wanted to craft, and the ones I did craft I just hoarded and never used.
- And first was Fallout 4. I can't tell you anything about "favorite recipes" here, though crafting a TV that's not even useable sounds dumb.
How come lots of women's clothing in games (for example, Raider armor in Fallout 3) is always tighter and/or skimpier?
- Third was not noticing. True. If you're a guy and play male characters, you may not notice. Or maybe you're looking through blurry beer goggles?
- Second was that it is a cliche. Its now become the norm to wear short shorts and a halter top and make it through a hail of bullets. You wouldn't catch me doing that unless I had a Kevlar suit.
- And first was they wanted guys to drool. Seen Forsworn Armor in Skyrim? Underwear for females is more covering than that armor. If you can even call it "armor" with all the skin it shows!
Ever had something so sad happen, that you were affected for quite a few days afterwards?
- Third was that nothing of a bad nature happens to you. Okay, either you're insanely lucky, or you're a dirty liar. ... Dirty liar!
- Second was that you don't even want ot talk about it. That's OK. I know what you mean.
- And first was sometimes. Better than all the time, am I right?
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week. If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!