"Don't judge a book by its cover," as the old saying goes, though I've done that plenty of times. However, as you can fit that statement of not judging something by its exterior to practically everything, this time I'm talking about books specifically. There were too many books I've bought that looked great by looking at the cover and/or reading the story snippettes on the inside of the cover, only to actually crack the book open and find out that I can't become immersed in the story, don't like the characters, or find it hard to read the dialogue. Thankfully, I've never spent too much on a book, so at most what I've lost is a dollar. Mom thinks I should just get over it and says "They look like good books! Why do you want to give them away?" but I tell her that if you can't get involved in the story or characters, what point is there in reading the book? Then, reading won't be enjoyable, and then you'll never pick up a book again because your parents attempted to make you keep a book you hated. So I cleaned out my shelves and gave away a bunch of boxes of books that I couldn't like, because they rubbed me the wrong way somehow.
This Week's Trivia
Do you know that Turquoise is hardened by a special procedure so it's hard enough for jewelry? Otherwise, it could be knicked by other jewels in your jewelry box. Also, many of the softer minerals that are used for jewelry go through some sort of hardening process.
Last Week's Results
You ever read (or watched) something not meant for your "Age group"?
- And for third place we have a tie of one vote each for Other and Never! For the later vote, I have three words for you: Broaden your horizons.
- Second was not quite remembering. Don't read much, eh?
- And first was really enjoying that book (or show or whatever), even though it wasn't meant for you. There is a series called "Monument 14" that was really good, even though I can't find the other two books (I have only the first) and that it was meant for teens.
Would you like weapons mods to appear in future Fallout games?
- Third was one person who said he hated them. It does kinda get boring after a while try to find another mod...
- Second was just only a few. I'd like to find them only through lots of hardship or difficult quests. It'll make you that much more gratefull for the mods you worked so hard for!
- And first was THEY WERE GREAT! I got addicted at some point to buying mods for weapons I didn't even use, just so I could get another mod. I think I'm over that now. I think...
Do you ever use battle cries when facing strong enemies/lots of enemies?
- Third was Yeah! Nothin' gets your blood pumping like a good scream at your enemies...or listening to battle music.
- Second was sometimes. Or with a particular tough enemy. I'd say that you could have used it continually inside Dead Wind Cavern!
- And first was "heck no" and that I was a Viking for suggesting this. I actually do have some of the Viking bloodline in me. Maybe that's why I've always shouted at my games!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week! If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!