I'd like to make a confession: I am a un-repentant shopper at thirft and close-out stores. I'd challenge anyone to look in my closet and just try to find stuff I've bought at the Good Will. There's a bunch of good stuff, if you know what to look for. I've even gotten a special designer (not like I actually go out to look for designer clothes) coat from a brand called "Three Sisters" that I found out was worth over $300! And I got it for $5! The brand is so exclusive that I couldn't even look at their website if I wasn't on their list of botiques that they send to!
This Week's Trivia
Do you know where the the name "Chicago" (i.e., Chicago, Illinois) came from? I'll bet you don't!
Long ago, when there were only Native Americans living in America, the place where Chicago now sits was a very large patch of onions (yes, there are wild onions). The natives named it "Chi Ka 'ko" which means "skunk place," referencing all the onions that (once) grew there.
Last Week's Results
Have you ever wanted to pick a perk, but never did it?
- Third was not remembering. Maybe you haven't played a Fallout game in a while (like I have) and thus no longer remember.
- Second was gettting what you want when you want it. Not me! I've always wanted the "Rad Child" perk, but never got around to getting the 90 (!!) Survival skill.
- And first was once or twice! I think I've only gotten Concentrated Fire and Cyborg, like, three times in all my playthroughs of both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Useful, but damn steep requirements.
What do you think of the new character creation system?
- Third was that it is great. Personally, I can't tell you my opinion. I don't have Fallout 4!
- Second was that it is OK. "Honey, should I pick the prominent cheeckbones, or the strong jaw from the menu?"
- And first was that it needed tweaks. Nothin's ever perfect.
What kind of weather do you like? (real life, not games)
- Third was thunderstorms. They're great until the power goes out.
- Second was just plain rainy. I love rainy days. I love even better cloudy, misty, rainy days. Its like it came straight outta a Magic the Gathering card or Lord of the Rings.
- And first was clear and sunny. Windy? Calm? Either way, Fall evenings can't be beat!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week! If you have any ideas, leave them on my talk page!