You know, I used to think that classical music was only for music professors or some such. When I got a free CD of Mozart in the mail three or so years ago (from some music club) and listened to it, I was hooked! Then I went through some stuff I had gotten from an old neighbor and found a Beethoven CD and was soon hooked on that, too. Three years later I have a collection that is currently 30+ hours and some CDs that I haven't even listed to yet! I can't get enough!
This Week's Trivia
James Cagney is often credited with saying "You dirty rat!", but did you know that he never actually said it? Instead, it is likely that his impersonators coined the phrase (which seemed like something one of his characters would have said), and thus it was imortalized that Cagney said it...even though he didn't.
Last Week's Results
What was the worst present you ever got? (open poll)
- There was everything, from T-shirts (if it had something raunchy or dumb, I'd hate it, otherwise, it'd go into my PJ pile), belts, bricked consoles (that would suck!), socks (useful if your feet get cold, unless they're the wrong size) and video games you never wanted. I think mine tops all! Who would want your grandma's scratchy used pants?
What do you think of the facts of how Christmas was made?
- Third was never liking Christmas in the first place. I used to love the holiday when I was a kid (tree, wrapped presents, Santa, the whole nine), but after I kept reading about how it was made and getting presents I never wanted and being told to model those clothes for relatives and getting tired of how everybody's supposed to be more jolly (What reason? Why not all year?) made me the bitter person you know today!
- Second was "other." This was knowing some of what I talked about, and some was mixed feelings.
- And first was "Man, that was so interesting!" Amazing the stuff you read in books! I read for hours at a time, just soaking up stuff like this!
Should there be normal "real world" calendar holidays to be celebrated in the next game?
- Third was not wanting a Fallout Christmas. Me neither! You and me, we'll never listen to Mr. New Vegas' "Nuclear Winter Wonderland"!
- Second was Hell Yeah! "Heck no!" I say!
- And first was wondering how it would be implemented. Would characters come up to you and give you squirrel stew? Lousy gift, man! I'm vegetarian!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week. If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!