After finishing the end-game quests yesterday for the Legion, I was struck by a few things:
- Caesar's supposed to be near death and out cold in a coma, but you operate on him with the Doctor's Bag and the Surgical Tools, and he more or less jumps out of bed and gives you your next assignment. I just thought that was a little too weird.
- How you're supposed to kill the president, but you can't take out any of his security detail, even in stealth, or everybody will now notice that someone's dead and the quest fails, even though you can kill oodles of NCR troops in stealth everywhere else and nobody notices; they just walk over their dead comrades as if they weren't there. It took me three tries to finally get that damn quest right. For the record, pretecting him was easier than killing him.
- In the final battle on the dam, while it was nice that you get a bunch of Legionaries to back you up, there are major downsides to this: they rush with melee or unarmed weapons and get slaughtered, so in the end you're standing there by yourself fighting ten NCR troopers that happen to have better weapons than they usually have. Fighting through the four power plants was just a major pain in the ass, you have 5mm, 45-70 Govt., 12.7mm, and and .308 raining down on you. The Legionaries that are supposed to help you can't stand this bombardment, so in the end it was still just me. Not to mention that whatever armor you have is what you have, there are no replacements and no repair sets available. In the end, I just used my Balistic Fist and ran everybody, because not much of what I had could satisfactorily get through the NCR Veterans' armor. I used up all my Super Stimpaks (20) and regular Stimpaks (65) in that battle. Where's the Legate when you need him? Come out here and help me, you son of a bitch!
- With the ending slides, I thnk the game glitched, because I got slides for characters I didn't even run into, and was missing slides for followers and characters I had definately run into. Arcade's was gone, even though he had been a follower, though I never started his quest; I got Lily's slide, even though the sum of our time together was me telling her Doctor Henry needed her help; I never got ED-E's slide, even though I had finished his quest; I got the slide for the Escaped Convicts hiding in that Vault near the Quarry, though I had never even been near there.
This Week's Trivia
I was reading the other day about how many hairs you have on your head. If you're blond, about 140,000; brown-haired, 100,000; and red-haired, 60,000. I didn't see anything about black hair, so if you have black hair, you're gonna have to do your own research.
Last Week's Results
What if you could take your (base game) companions into the areas of any DLCs of the next Fallout game?
- Third was Yay! Seems weird that you always have to leave them behind. Wouldn't they want to see scientific splendors, too?
- Second was that it would be interesting! It would be even better if they would have unique dialogue for the Add-ons you take them to!
- And first was only certain companions. Mostly you wanted specific companions to go to specific places.
Have you ever worn a particular faction armor on a constant basis?
- Third was that I was crazy. You're not the first people to have told me that. My mom tells me this all the time!
- Second was Yes! I wanted to wear a ballgown, and I also wanted to rain laser-fire down on them Radscorpions. What did I do? I wore the White Glove Society's faction clothing and rained down laser-fire with my RCW!
- And first was that you were afraid of the consequences. When my armor was almost busted when I was fighting for the Legion, I wanted to wear the NCR Veteran Ranger armor on the guys I killed, but I was afraid of the Legionaries I was with turning hostile, so I just suffered.
Should there have been a Legion-based companion in Fallout: New Vegas?
- Third was that you hated the Legion! The slavery still rubs me the wrong way, even though I think that alot of the members are handsome! Argh!
- Second was Yes! Maybe I could have taken along Vulpes or Aurelius! Then they would have had to take orders from me!
- And first was maybe. I hope its not always the same people that always pick this option. You can't get very far in life if you never know what to do!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all for this week! If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!