Steve McQueen may have had his Great Escape, but I am The Great Unraveller. Or, at least, that's the nickname mom's given me. I unravel old things I crochetted that didn't work out and use that yarn in new projects. Sure, its a little kinky (the yarn's shape, that is), but it still works, so why not? She complains that I sit there and unravel whole projects, but I said she'd complain even more that I threw it away instead of taking it apart, right? Of course, she couldn't argue with that, so she called me The Great Unraveller.
This Week's Trivia
We all know that formeldahyde is bad for you. Or, at least, you should know its bad for you. If you don't, go look it up. Anyway, even if you avoid stuff with the ingredient in it (it acts like a preservative), know that it also goes by another name: DMDM Hydantoin. That can be in any number of things; shampoo, cosmetics, lotions...practically anything you can slather on, it could have DMDM Hydantoin in it.
Last Week's Polls
Do you see yourself as a Christmas Grinch?
- Third was a tie of only when it gets too holly and jolly (the song itself makes me bare my teeth in anger) and only when music you can't stand plays. If you hate the whole soundtrack, that means someone better watch out for the Grinch! They'll transform like a werewolf in front of you.
- Second was yes. Two other people (yes, I voted) were Grinches, too!
- And first was no. Ah, but do you have as much fun cleaning up afterwards?
- Somebody said it was a fantasy, though they've never done it. What are you waiting for? Are you afraid of censoring? Don't be afraid to let your inner Grinch out!
Do you go through all the trouble to travel to your extended family's homes for "the holidays"?
- Third was they come to you. Better than you going to them, but then if they over stay their welcome, things can get dicey.
- Second was comment. Was it a little of both? I don't know. Sometimes the comments never load, and I never used to have this problem. Damn you FANDOM!
- And first was you just send them a card. And with a card, you don't have to worry about being interrupted! You can go on as long as a monologue as you want.
Do you put up a Christmas tree?
- Third was a triple tie of too much trouble (indeed), yours truly practises a different religion (i.e., me, becasue I voted that), and someone lives under a tree with their pack of wolves, because they also voted in the previous poll that they don't travel to see relatives because those wolves are their family. Hey, sometimes animals can be better friends than people. Sad but true.
- Second was a real one. I know I like the pine scent. I don't have a tree (what Grinch would?), but dad cut up a pine tree for firewood, and for a week you could smell it across the yard.
- And first was a fake one. You know, I really liked the sapphire blue ones I saw for sale at Walmart this year. It was simply because they were blue, however, which is my favorite color. Don't think I'm gonna get out of my Grinch lifestyle!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!