I've been ... uh ... "dissasembling" pomagranates the last couple of days, and I'll tell you, if you don't know how to do it, it can be a pain in the ass. The rind is tough, and you need to be carefull not to cut yourself or gouge the table with the knife when you cut them open. Worse, looking up on the internet will grant you five dozen and one ways of disecting the fruit, and that may or may not acutally work for you. I found the easiest way was to slice off the bottom and top, then cut a sliver in the remaining rind and then it just cracks open like a watermelon. I also found out that pomagranate juice has the unfortunate side effect of staining your shirt (if its not grey) and your fingers a weird grey-purple.
This Week's Trivia
I read somewhere that Chinese used to (I don't know if they do it anymore) use pomagranate peels to tan leather.
I guess that my fingers will be quite well preserved, then.
Last Week's Polls
Have you ever kept a friendship secret from someone else?
- Third was you don't remember. I think you need help. You don't remember much of anything. You need a doctor.
- Second was yes, but it was for the best. Sometimes honesty is not the best policy.
- And first was that you don't have any secret relationships. And then sometimes honesty is the best policy.
Which Fallout game had the best weapons?
- Third was Fallout 3. Experimental MIRV and Lincoln's Repeater, here we come!
- Second was a tie of a little of them all, and Fallout 4. Can't say anything here. I don't have the game, and haven't read that much about it.
- And first was Fallout: New Vegas. The unique weapons took the cake. Even the normal weapons were really great, as you could make them just as good (or sometimes better) with the mods.
What is your favorite gambling game in New Vegas?
- Third was that blasted Caravan. Arghhhhgrrrhhh...
- Second was you don't waste time with gambling. Probably for the best. I've lost count how long I spent in front of a slot machine, waiting for the three oranges which almost never appeared. In think in all of my playthroughs, (and there's been a ton) I've gotten that combo twice.
- And first was Blackjack. I don't know how to play this. I just press buttons, hoping for the best... which usually ends up in a loss. This then results in feelings of anger and wanting to flip over the table and attack everyone on sight.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all this week! If you have any ideas for me, leave them on my talk page!