I have a nice, but rather dumb cat. He came here a year ago, and he's the nicest cat I've ever known, but he lacks the intelligence to know that you should avoid moving vehicles and fast-moving objects, like my other cats do. Yesterday, he followed me onto the road (no matter how many times I tried to lose him in the yard) while I went across the street to leave something at our property over there and he sat on the road, waiting for me to return. As I was half-way down the path, I heard a car coming, and I quick set down the stuff and told dad (who was accompanying me) that I needed to see if he was still on the road. The car was getting closer and closer, so I broke into a run (with rain-slippery flip flops) and huffed onto the road, leapt across the ditch, and the car is 50 feet away and speeding up the hill and the cat's still sitting there like his doom isn't approaching. I race across the road, grab him up and leap into the driveway as a second later the car passes by, barely slowed down. Of course he didn't understand why I'd done such a rude yank, but he would have been roadkill if I hadn't.
This Week's Trivia
Herostatus burned down the temple of the goddess Diana at Ephesus in the fourth century B.C. Why? He wanted to ensure that his name would be forever in the history books.
True story, I'm not kidding. Though while he can't be found in history books (how many people worship Diana anymore?), his name will be in trivia books.
Last Week's Polls
Did your parents ever give you a baloney reason not to do something (i.e., story above)?
- Third was yeah, but you didn't believe it. Who's eyes would turn square from watching TV? No one's, that's who.
- Second was that they just plain told you, without goofy tales. Did they shake their finger at you? Raise their voice? Mom does that all the time.
- And first was you don't remember. If you're a teenager and on this site, your childhood wasn't that long ago. You should still be able to remember...unless you just plain don't want to tell me.
- And two people were raised by animals in the wild. Is your name by any chance Mowgli? Or Tarzan?
In Fallout 3, did you ever bother collecting all three schematics for custom weapons?
- Third was you never created custom weapons. Did you collect the one bottlecap mine, then? Its hard, but you can do it. Then you can at least say you have one thing of custom weapons, even if you never made it yourself.
- Second was you did, and it was so worth it! I never bothered with the third nuka grenade schematic, though. You give away too many to Sierra for the thing to be viable.
- And first was if you found one, you'd take it, but never searched for the things. If I found one (that wasn't for the Dart gun) I'd take it, but never really searched for non-dart gun ones. I went out of my way to search for dart gun schematics, though.
Did you like how the Repair skill was tweaked from the way it was in Fallout 3 to the way it is in New Vegas?
- Third was no! Yes, it makes it less realistic, but it also frees up more skill points to put elsewhere. Think of it that way.
- Second was you didn't know how it was changed. Look it up.
- And first was hell yeah! Now only totally unique weapons can't be repaired all the way, but practically everything else can. Yay!
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
That's all this week! If you have any ideas, leave them on my talk page!