The Goodwill I shop at moved recently into a much larger building, and I really had wanted to go there and see what new stuff they had on their opening day, and when we pulled up into the parking lot...all thoughts of having any deals were misted into nothingness as I saw a line of people stretch across the parking lot waiting to get in. I've never been a person for crowds, so we left, thinking that they would get their stuff and leave, but when we came back, there were still lines of people out front, and a peek through the window as we drove by showed that there was just as many people on the inside. I love a good deal, but I have my standards. I hate being pushed and shoved by people, and I hate crowds and always having to step out of the …Read more >
I'm starting to believe that the mosquitoes line up outisde the door like it is a VIP club, because whenever someone goes out, mosquitoes seem to come in. I can't wait for summer to end...
In Hartford, Conneticut, it is illegal to "educate" a dog.
Does that include toilet training?
Have you ever had the above happen?
- Third was a triple tie of comment, you DVR everything (but you still have the commercials!) and you don't watch TV. That's probably those "live streamers", there...
- Second was so annoying! What makes it worse is that the commercials come in crystal clear...
- And first was you have a very good setup. My TV is free. I'll bet yours costs money.
When you become overencumbered (don't try to say you never had!), what do you usually do to ge…
Read more >
It happens quite a bit of the time...I'm watching TV intently, it is just getting to the good part...and...the signal cuts out! And just long enough that I miss all the good part. Or someone walks through the signal on the way out the door and it disrupts it, too. It is ...maddening.
In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
Back in those days, there was no fun in religion. But, I wonder, nowadays if you wore a hideously fake mustache in church, would you get arrested?
What do you do with scratchy clothing labels?
- Third was leave them there, because you still wanna know who made your clothes. The only thing that would be good for is knowing the size, not the maker.
- Second was a tie of comment and you real…
Read more >
I hate for some otherwise perfectly nice clothes have the biggest, most scratchy labels on the back. Why do you companies do this?! I just end up cutting 'em off. Who cares who made the clothes, I just want them to be comfortable.
In Tennessee, it is illegal to lasso a fish.
I don't know about you, but I think that would be impossible. If it were to be done, I'd certainly envy that person!
Ever had an amazing coincidence like that?
- Third was a tie of someone who said comment, and someone else who said no. No? The God of Coincidences doesn't like you...
- Second was you don't remember. God! Not you people again!
- And first was yes. The God of Coincidences does like you!
When you have a coincidence, does it tend to be...
- Second was a triple tie of you never n…
Read more >
Originally, I was going to put this into an email to StormRider, but then I thought that it was so interesting and funny that I thought I'd share it with the rest of you guys: He'd mentioned to me in April that there was a fox and its kits under his house. Then, a few days ago, I'm with Spot in my backyard, and she suddenly does this scared-cat-rubbernecking thing where her eyes get big and frightened and she was looking off into the undergrowth that lurks on the other side of the fence, where our neighbor's backyard is. Well, I look where she's looking and I don't see anything, but then something moves and I see a fox! It was like 20 feet away, and there was no mistaking it for anything else. I said to her "A fox! I've never seen one of t…Read more >