The Heartless Knights were created by Garen Wayne as the last guardians of The Princess. He created them with the same machine his own body originated from, but altered their artificial intelligence to express no emotions and only follow his one and only command: "Protect the princess". After the malfunction in the tower of The Cold Coffin, which closed the doors to the cargo hall, their artificial intelligence seems to have been damaged to a certain degree, since they even attacked their creator as he approached The Princess.
They have very high health for early game enemies and are always hostile to the player.
Interactions with the player character
- Once Upon a Time: The Heartless Knights will attack the player as soon as he chooses the 'Start the fight' option in the cargo hall of The Cold Coffin. Afterwards the player is forced to defeat both of them, since the gates to the cargo hall are closed during the battle.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Heartless Steel (non-player version)||Laser pistol
Chinese officer's sword
- The Heartless Knights look exactly like Garen Wayne, just that they wear the non-player version of Heartless Steel instead of his unique scientist outfit.
- They were actually copies of Garen Wayne, which he made and then altered their artificial intelligence.
- Garen Wayne named them like this even before he knew, that the locals of the surrounding called him the Black Knight.
- If asking Garen Wayne about them, he will reply, that he just gave them some swords and armor (which he personally altered) out of a whim, after he found them in the depository for confiscated goods of The Cold Coffin.
Heartless Knight appears only in Fallout Apprentice.