| ||This page is a part of the Fallout: The Apprentice contest. It should not be confused with in game content.|
Address your questions to the squishy one next to me. I am chief. I am Urchin, the Great and Terrible. Now leave me, meat.”— Urchin
Being chased out of the Midwest by the Brotherhood of Steel, the leader of the Beastlords, Emperor Ssrathi, led his people across the wastes in search of a new home. Due to their tribe's shamans, the Beastlords finally settled on the outskirts of the D.C. ruins, taking control of the local deathclaws, yao guai, and giant radscorpions.
Founding the underground fortress of New Mardin, the Beastlords became a presence surrounded by superstition. While they largely kept to themselves, the heir to Emperor Ssrathi, Chief Urchin, has begun taking control of the tribe, and spontaneous raids upon settlements being led by horrifying wasteland creatures has become common-sight.
Chief Urchin himself, a simple-minded man with childish tendencies, considers the Capital Wasteland his personal playground, and finds great pleasure in torture and control, thinking of it as mere fun. While his clansmen find Urchin unworthy of leading the tribe, none have been able to best him, with any rebelling against him becoming another stain in the New Mardin arena.
After a raid on an Enclave sect looking for technology to help in their efforts against the Brotherhood of Steel, Urchin had one of their scientists create a set of personal power armor to fit his frame, along with a hammer and helmet to establish his identity and claim to the throne of skulls before using the scientist as a test dummy for his new gear.
Interactions with the player character
- Total Warfare Mambo - An enemy of Commandant Aix, Urchin most be dealt with. Alternatively, a truce can be called, in which Urchin will help the Lone Wanderer in assaulting the Cocoon.
- Hell's Descent - Urchin and his Beastlord marauders will be seen within the Cocoon assaulting the guards and causing discord. Urchin himself will temporarily fight alongside the Lone Wanderer.
- Should the Lone Wanderer be wearing a set of Brotherhood power armor, the Beastlords will become immediately hostile.
- The same will happen should Cross be a companion. Even if she's not wearing Brotherhood power armor, she will still be recognized by the clansmen.
- With an Intelligence of 4 or lower, dialogue will become available, convincing Urchin to join the Lone Wanderer without having to prove themselves in the arena.
- Urchin has a special script that allows him to run at a 20% speed increase, faster than any other NPC.
- Should the Lone Wanderer punch Urchin, a Speech skill of 90 can be used to convince him that it was his personal guard, at which he will proceed to beat the guard to death. This can only be done once successfully.
Urchin appears only in Fallout 3.