Rather ironic, the 1st Annual Australian Golden Joystick Awards has nominated Fallout 3 for the xBox and PS3 Game of the Year awards. Considering how Australia initially reacted to the drug usage in Fallout 3, this comes as a surprise to many. Before the game was released, Bethesda changed the the game from very realistic drugs, such as Morphine, to the more fictionalized ones that are now seen, such as Psycho, Jet, and Med-X (the replacement for Morphine). However, the people in Australia have nevertheless approved of the game, despite the drug controversy.
To vote in the awards, click here.Read more >
Recently, Paste Magazine came out with their list of the 20 best games of the past decade, honoring Fallout 3 with spot #3. Click here to see the full list.Read more >
Recently, the 27th Annual Golden Joystick Awards were held, with an extraordinary 1,223,646 votes being cast, making it officially the most popular game awards in the world. The most interesting part of it, however, is that over a year from its release date, Fallout 3 is still going strong in the awards department, only showing the massive following that the game has had (sorry 1 and 2 die-hards).
These are the awards that Fallout 3 received from GJ09:
- *First Place for "Ultimate Game of the Year"
- *First Place for "PC Game of the Year"
- *Second Place for "Xbox 360 Game of the Year"
- *Second Place for "Rampage Soundtrack of the Year"
- *Runner-Up for "Playstation 3 Game of the Year"
Read more about the 2009 Golden Joystick Awards here.Read more >
With the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition finally coming out, comes its huge Prima Guide. The GOTY edition of the guide contains the original game guide (no doubt with fixes for the many errors found in the first edition) and added sections for the five add-ons.
Of course, there will also be a Capital Wasteland map, along with maps for the new locations added by the add-ons. In fact, this guide--at an amazing 752 pages--is officially the largest game guide Prima has ever written. The author, David Hodgson, actually proclaimed that the guides are a full pound heavier than the original one... which may I add were not too slim in the first place. The GOTY guide comes in two editions: Regular and Collector's Edition, which has all the same content…
Read more >
Bethesda's Todd Howard appears in a new interview at Game Informer.
- With Fallout: New Vegas moving to Obsidian, Is difficult to let go of the day-to-day operations on a game you helped reinvent?
- Sure it is, but they obviously know what they’re doing when it comes to Fallout, and I get to just play this one, so I’m looking forward to it.
- Starting today, I’m christening you video games’ George R. R. Martin. It’s been four years since Martin released A Feast For Crows, and we’re up to three years since Oblivion still with no announcement of Elder Scrolls V. Reading Martin’s blog, I see he spends his days watching football and painting pewter miniatures. What’s your excuse?
- I too like to watch football. In my spare time I play and make vi…