At the Fox Polls, every day is voter appreciation day! Come vote for yourself, and get in touch with our Polls! #Every day's great at your Foooox's!#
Disclaimer: The Weekly Saturday Poll is a poll (not a pole!) every Saturday asking the community what they think about the fallout series ranging from skills, guns, music and other paraphernalia. Have a suggestion for the next poll? Tell me on my talk page!
Alcohol Trivia of the Week
The word we use for "cocktail" is exactly what we think it sounds like: a cock's tail. (Bird, you dirty minded readers). No one really knows how it got that name, but a story might make it clearer. A long time ago, an English sailor asked a young Mexican boy stirring alcohol in a glass what the name of the liquor was... The boy thought he was asking about the name of the stirring stick so he answered, "cola de gallo"; a cock's tail feather. So was the name supposedly born. But with history and the past, whose to know what really happened, what's true and what's false when it happened so long ago? How much of what we experience in our lives and current events until we die will remain true for the next age or be fabricated to some extent?
Question #1 I asked What companion did you get to know/want to know the most in Fallout 4?
- In third place with 24 votes was Dogmeat! The recurring hound whom you still don't actually eat, unless he dies.
- Coming in second is Nick Valentine with 30 votes. He's a synthetic detective, kind of like Harrison Ford's character Deckard in Blader Runner, but it depends on what version of the film you watch. See.. there was a theatrical version... then removal of a voice over... then a Director's Cut... then... *goes off on a tangent*
- And in 1st place with 35 votes was Piper! The genesis of many rule 34 pics and for the need of naked mods!
Question #2 I asked Which faction did you support/are you thinking of supporting in Fallout 4?
- In third place is the Minutemen with 29 votes. Anyone else think Preston Garvey is the Jacob Taylor of Fallout 4?
- The Brotherhood of Steel grab second with 40 votes. They're also back to grabbing technology like they should be! How I missed them.
- And in first place with 51 votes is I haven't made up my mind yet. Oh how I share your pain...
Question #3 I asked What's your opinion of Fallout 4?
- Third place is I haven't made up my mind yet with 29 votes. I haven't played the game yet so I get what you mean.
- With 49 votes and coming second is it's not the best in the series, but it's awesome! I'm fine with there just being a new Fallout game to be honest. You can only hear so much of Nuclear Winters before you want to shoot yourself in the head.
- And with 68 votes (just a vote shy off of the magic 69 number) is it's awesome, best in the series! I seriously need to play it soon.
- Question #4 I asked Does the voice acting for the Sole Survivor work?
- In 3rd place with 33 votes is I love it. The male character does have a certain charm to him.
- In 2nd place with 34 votes is eh, it's okay. I suppose it does remind me of the Hawke voice in DAII.
- And 1st place is its pretty good with 77 votes. Wouldn't it be cool in a future game if you could use your own voice as the character through voice recognition ect. ect. dubbing done automatically for you?
THERE'S a Christmas card I wouldn't say no to!
That's all this week.