I'm still here and I haven't been kicked from my position by a horde of angry Poll-goers, so I must be doing alright, right? Anyway, onto the next edition!
Who are you all rooting for in the world cup? After England went out (pretty badly actually) I started just rooting for Brazil to win. It's being held in their own country so if anyone deserves to win it's them, for me. I don't want Germany to win because they're good enough as it is... I wanted France to beat them dammit! Sacrebleu! It gives you a good enough excuse to sit on a sofa and drink beer doesn't it? Some people even start mobs and fight over football...
I'd also like everyone to thank MountHail (or at least remember hm) for his work on the Helena blog while Peace'n Hugs has been away. He's been a great gameshow host and this week is his last edition.
Last Week's Results
Question #1 Parker asked us What do you miss the most from the original fallouts?
- In third place with 25 votes was the pop culture random encounters. From Austin Powers to Godzilla and Star Trek, all have been referenced by the osmotical brain of Fallout developers at some point.
- In 2nd place with 61 votes, was that you don't miss anything at all! In that case, it seems that New Vegas DLC has correctly taught you the aesop it wanted to of moving on and letting go of the past... you get a cookie
- And in 1st place with 74 votes was the writing. Now come on, Fallout 3 had plenty of writing! Remember all those books laying around? They may have been burned and destroyed but at least there was writing!
Question #2 From Leea we got How do you treat ghouls when you meet them?
- In 3rd place with 10 votes was Other. I couldn't be bothered to check what people did instead so I just assumed that those people treated ghouls as possible romantic interests. I'm looking at you EverRuler....
- Coming in at 2nd place with 16 votes was to give them what they deserve: death! Maybe if you offered them cake as well then they might choose otherwise. That was a reference to some comedian's joke I hear ages ago.
- And in first place with 194 (woah!) votes was with kindness and respect. Remember though, this is only to the non-ferals. So don't worry, these people still treat ferals as guinea pigs for different weapons like the railway rifle and watching their guts spew all over the place from a Nuka grenade!
Question #3 I asked How did you deal with the Family in Fallout 3?
- In third place with 7 votes was I have never done this quest. Shame on you, how could refuse the cute woman's request in Moriarty's to deliver her letter? More importantly, how could you miss her entirely!?
- Coming in at second with 30 votes was killing the Family as they're too dangerous to be left alive. Remember folks, the Family KILL people just to drink their blood. I can't think of any other good reason to off them than that.
- In first place, 184 people Brokered a treaty between them an Arefu. Silly rabbits, idealism is for kids! Don't come crying to me when the Family run out of bloodpacks to live on Twilight style and start attacking dudes again...
Question #4 I asked What was your hardest New Vegas achievement?
- In third place is Pros Only with 13 votes. Because honestly, it's hard as hell killing a Deathclaw with a .22! I'm serious, this isn't sarcasm.
- The Courier who Broke the Bank (at New Vegas) was 2nd place with 23 votes. Really? Just up your Luck! It ain't rocket science, just plain old luck!
- And in 1st place was Caravan master with 86 votes. Card games are serious business.
Question #5 Which was the best? "Rock, paper or scissors?"
- The winner was rock with 83 votes! ....but paper covers rock! Poll-goers, we have a conundrum...
From Fluttterpie; eeerugh, as if we didn't have enough ponies...
My random video of the week
You thought it was over but NOTHING IS OVER!!
That's all this week. If you have any suggestions, leave them on my talk-page.