Today we're sponsored by NCR. Psychic spies from China try to steal your mind's elation, a little girl from New Reno dreams of silver screen quotations. And if you want these kind of dreams it's New-Californication.
I'd rather be smacked over the head with a blunt instrument.”— The Lone Wanderer's response to seeing the Nuka Cola museum tour.
How well would you say you know your neighbours? Do you usually just say "Hi" and smile when you pass them outside your house? That's what I do anyway. When we lived in Slough, Berkshire, I was really good friends with our neighbours. I'd always stand on the ledges of our fence and peek over and just chat to the boy and girl who went to the same school with me (this primary school was conveniently right across our road as well). Anyway, she was one of my best friends. And I remember really well on my last day of Year 6 of primary school in 2006, when all of us were going around getting our school shirts signed by the younger years, I also had a little book I used to take people's signatures. This was our last day of school before we went to different secondary schools, where a lot of people wouldn't be seeing each other again. What my girl-friend next door (not my girlfriend!) wrote was: "Dear Brandon, I won't miss you cos you're always on the fence". It was really sweet, but also very sad in hindsight because I was only in Year 7 at the secondary school down the road for about 5 or 6 months and then we moved to a completely different area. It was 7 years later in 2013 where I finally saw them again, but that's a story for another time. So what about you guys?
Last Week's Results
Question #1 Leea asked you all Do you like scoped weapons more than non-scoped in Fallout 3?
- In third place, 53 people liked the scoped weapons. I can't think of anything witty to say here so I'll just move on!
- Second, 67 guys preferred the non-scoped. The scopes wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for your character's aiming cursor moving all over the place like your guy was a heroin addict or something!
- And in first place, 119 people have no preference. Makes me wonder why I even bother asking these Polls sometimes... 8
Question #2 WhoeverReadThis asked What was the worst perk in Fallout 3?.
- In third place came Lead Belly with 16 votes. A game where there's dirty water and dirty fountains everywhere and the cure for irradiated water is one of the main goals? Who needs Lead Belly at all!
- 35 guys picked the Karma related perks of Broken Steel such as Escalator to Heaven and Devil's Highway. I guess the Bethesda devs are really big fans of AC/DC and that other rock band who sung the Heaven song!
- And in 1st place with 124 votes is Here and Now. Yo dawg, I heard you like perks. So we got you a perk that makes you go up a level so you can take another different perk. 4
Question #3 WhoeverReadThis asked What was the worst perk in New Vegas?
- Thirdly, 14 people voted for Heave, Ho! That's an onomatopoeia. The very sound of the perk itself is struggling to make itself useful but the weight of its uselessness is bringing it back down.
- In second place came In Shining Armour (or Armor, to you American dudes) with 48 votes. I got this one a lot because the perk itself is broken, much like your armour will be if that damage isn't blocked!
- Finally, 123 people said... Here and Now. That perk isn't doing too well with the Fallout community is it?
For interest, I asked everybody Where do you put your alarm clock when you sleep?
- 25 people sleep with it in bed, like I do. We have so much in common. We should date.
- 50 people don't even have an alarm clock! How do they wake up? Maybe they don't sleep at all and stay awake as much as possible to prevent sleep otherwise a child murderer will attack them in their dreams? Or perhaps maybe they just wake up late always? :)
- Finally, 112 people say their bed-side stand. We here at the Saturday Polls do not take kindly to your "normalness". Now get out there and dance the chicken while saying your alphabet backwards. Now voter, NOW!
My random video of the week
I had no idea where my browsing would lead me on my path, until I stumbled upon this gem which made me laugh.
That's all this week. If you have any suggestions, leave them on my talk-page.