Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's another summary of what's going on at The Vault and Wikia. This time we focus on The Vault's new moderators and the new Message Wall feature that is set to replace the current user talk pages.
After a vote, it has been decided that a "moderator" group be formalized as a Vault user rank below that of administrator, which now has "rollback", "recent changes patrol" and "chat moderator" rights, both of which at the moment do not have formalized request criteria.
The minimum requirements for becoming a moderator are:
- You have made at least 500 edits in the article, category or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least 2 months.
- You have not made an administrator or moderator rights request in the past 2 months. This does not include requests which were closed because you did not meet the formal requirements.
The new minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are:
- You have made at least 1000 edits in the article, category or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least 3 months.
- You have not made an administrator or moderator request in the past 2 months. This does not include requests which were closed because you did not meet the formal requirements.
The first Vault moderators to be elected are:
- Message Wall will be similar to talk pages in a few key ways: there will still be a tab on your profile, each conversation will still have a subject header, and you’ll still be able to use full wiki text (photos, videos, links, tables, templates, etc.) in the content. In other ways, the feature is entirely different. Here’s the rundown:
- It’s not a wiki page. You can add comments directly without going into the wiki editor, and you will see them immediately.
- Newer conversations are at the top of the page; archiving is automatic. When there are more than 20 conversations, your Message Wall automatically paginates, so there’s no need to manually archive content.
- Long conversations are condensed, and it just takes one click to expand them. This way, you can scan your Message Wall without getting overwhelmed by a long conversation in the middle.
- Messages are separated into conversations, which you can link to directly — and permanently! Since archiving is automatic, these links won’t break when the conversation gets old.
- Messages are signed with your preferred name. If you’ve entered an “aka” name into your profile, this will appear on each of your Message Wall posts, followed by your username. If you haven’t entered an alternate name, it will only display your username.
- Wiki Activity will show messages grouped as conversations. If more than one reply has been posted recently in a conversation, these will be shown as a single conversation on Wiki Activity. The two most recent replies will be listed along with the total number of other replies, and you'll be able to click through for the rest.
- Wiki notifications appear in a new menu. You’ll be notified at the top-right of your wiki (next to your user menu) for new messages on your wall, as well as for replies to any conversations you’re following. These notifications will automatically mark themselves as read when you view the conversation.
Read the rest of the description and give your feedback here.