Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We've already seen the (pretty bad) preview of Fallout: New Vegas from OXM UK. Fortunately, its US counterpart is much better written. Most of the info is old, but here's some new stuff:
- Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test
- The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to be tougher even than deathclaws
- Sunny Smiles' dog is named Cheyenne. They'll assist you with the Powder Gangers in the Ghost Town Firefight quest if you help her kill some geckos.
- The Varmint rifle is a low-power .22LR round that does significant damage to limbs and has a high critical bonus
- If your Barter skill is high enough, Chet the shopkeeper give you the 9-Iron golf club and some weapon mods
- Every skill will have use in conversations at various points
- Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent. Hunting Rifle modification examples given are scope, custom action and extended clip.
- Temporary followers, like the Goodsprings folks that can help you defeat the Powder Gangers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel
- Concept art of Hoover Dam and screenshots of the Black Mountain radio tower and the character standing inside the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur shown
- With high local reputation at Goodsprings, you'll get a free bed to sleep in and a discount at the store
- Neil, a super mutant who hates Tabitha, can help you storm the mountain
- Tabitha is actually a male super mutant gone completely insane
- "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills
- There's a rollercoaster in Primm
- The combat gameplay was tweaked to be more first-person-shootery
Thanks, Cpt. E. Blackadder!