We've already seen the (pretty bad) preview of Fallout: New Vegas from OXM UK. Fortunately, its US counterpart is much better written. Most of the info is old, but here's some new stuff:
- Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test
- The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to be tougher even than deathclaws
- Sunny Smiles' dog is named Cheyenne. They'll assist you with the Powder Gangers in the Ghost Town Firefight quest if you help her kill some geckos.
- The Varmint Rifle is a low-power .22 that does significant damage to limbs and has a high critical bonus
- If your Barter skill is high enough, Chet the shopkeeper give you the 9-Iron golf club and some weapon mods
- Every skill will have use in conversations at various points
- Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent. Hunting Rifle modification examples given are scope, custom action and extended clip.
- Temporary followers, like the Goodsprings folks that can help you defeat the Powder Gangers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel
- Concept art of Hoover Dam and screenshots of the Black Mountain radio tower and the character standing inside the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur shown
- With high local reputation at Goodsprings, you'll get a free bed to sleep in and a discount at the store
- Neil, a super mutant who hates Tabitha, can help you storm the mountain
- Tabitha is actually a male super mutant gone completely insane
- "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills
- There's a rollercoaster in Primm
- The combat gameplay was tweaked to be more first-person-shootery
Thanks, Cpt. E. Blackadder!