What if you could... Make the game?
Welcome back to Fallout: The Apprentice. In this edition we're going to reveal the reveal the contestant's entries for the Grand Final.
This is it, the grand final.
- This is it. The finale. Go hard, or go home.
- As is tradition, You are to design a concept for Fallout 4. Please read the following documentation as we do not want you to design the whole game.
- Your entry should comprise of 6 Focus articles. You may have an additional supplementary article as listed. Do not include additional articles.
- One detailed location.. Your detailed location can be the starting location, or the ending location, or any point in between you want to highlight. Please only give us this level of detail on ONE location. You may choose if it’s a town or dungeon
- A starting and Tutorial questline. Where the player learns how to play the game. If you have not selected this in your location, you should only give detail in line with normal quest articles.
- An outline to your main plot. I don’t expect every single detail, but make sure there is enough to understand what is going on. You don’t need to list every single click/jump/enemy, but have enough to follow it. The detail given in the film treatment is probably about right (or if anything more detailed than expected).
- The Final showdown. Tell us about the endgame, and the options to deal with it. If you have not selected this as your location, you should only give detail in line with normal quest articles.
- A Single choice of one page giving a lot of detail on: A unique enemy or character, a unique faction, a unique item, or side quest. That is ONE Page total, not one of each. Choose one idea that really shines.
- A pitch document selling us your idea. Anything that you think we should know that will convince us your idea is best, but can’t include in the other pages you can include here in minor detail. This should be your MAIN page.
- The single supplementarity page permitted is a summary of locations in minor detail. Use pages like this as a guide as to what we are looking for: Brotherhood of steel 2 locations.
- Now, you might have noticed this quest is called Second Chance… That’s because we’re asking you to do a little recycling… Recycling is a big part of fallout history.
- You should include (at least) one element from your previous entries. This could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- You should include (at least) one element from one of your competitors entries. This could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- You should include (at least) one element from a Cancelled Fallout game . Again, this could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. Like before You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- Oh, and one more thing. You may, at your discretion, give one of your fallen competitors a second chance, and allow them to help you on this challenge.
- You may ask a single former competitor to help you with your articles from either this game or the last one (with the exception of Crimson Frankie who is on judge duty, and as a winner needs no second chance). They may help you in any way you both agree… they can help you create ideas, and you can give them responsibility to fully create a page if you choose, ask them for art or technical assistance or just use them as a sounding board. There is no limit on the assistance they are allowed to provide, but you remain "in charge" of the entry.
- In the event no former competitors are available to help, we will allow you to use a non-competitor on a case by case basis.
- Because of the above rules, the rule allowing technical help for your entries is suspended. If you need help with an article, choose your teammate wisely.
Show us what you can do.
|GarouxBloodline Invites you to - Alaska
“Fallout: The Alaskan Rift is the story of three wastelanders caught up in the middle of a massive conflict that will once again ravage the wasteland once known as the American Dream. From the arctic wastes and exotic islands of Alaska, to the lush paradise of Canada, and even back to the war-torn Core Region, our protagonists will find themselves witnessing the birth of a new era - for better or worse.”
|Paladin117 welcomes you to - the Commonwealth and Canada
“It is time for a new generation of gaming, so it is time for a new generation of Fallout. The world maps of Fallout and Fallout 2 have combined with the local maps of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, fast traveling is done through the Chryslus Fortress, and cities are larger and more populated than ever before! Travel to the Commonwealth, River City, Ronto, and hundreds of places in between!”
Our prize vault has been cracked open, here you can see what our contestants might just walk away with...
For our top five finishers
Our good friends Bethesda have offered us 5 wasteland simulation kits... This Viewmaster and lunchbox will certainly help even the most unprepared of vault dwellers surivive the coming apocolypse.
For our winner
Our good friend Mr Chris Avellone, and the gang at Obsidian Entertainment have offered our winner a signed copy of the Fallout: New Vegas ultimate edition, in a format of the winners choice. A prize that even the grand-ghouls will treasure.