What if you could... Make/Win the game?
Welcome back to Fallout: The Apprentice. In this edition we finally announce the winner.
- This is it. The finale. Go hard, or go home.
- As is tradition, You are to design a concept for Fallout 4. Please read the following documentation as we do not want you to design the whole game.
- Your entry should comprise of 6 Focus articles. You may have an additional supplementary article as listed. Do not include additional articles.
- One detailed location.. Your detailed location can be the starting location, or the ending location, or any point in between you want to highlight. Please only give us this level of detail on ONE location. You may choose if it’s a town or dungeon
- A starting and Tutorial questline. Where the player learns how to play the game. If you have not selected this in your location, you should only give detail in line with normal quest articles.
- An outline to your main plot. I don’t expect every single detail, but make sure there is enough to understand what is going on. You don’t need to list every single click/jump/enemy, but have enough to follow it. The detail given in the film treatment is probably about right (or if anything more detailed than expected).
- The Final showdown. Tell us about the endgame, and the options to deal with it. If you have not selected this as your location, you should only give detail in line with normal quest articles.
- A Single choice of one page giving a lot of detail on: A unique enemy or character, a unique faction, a unique item, or side quest. That is ONE Page total, not one of each. Choose one idea that really shines.
- A pitch document selling us your idea. Anything that you think we should know that will convince us your idea is best, but can’t include in the other pages you can include here in minor detail. This should be your MAIN page.
- The single supplementarity page permitted is a summary of locations in minor detail. Use pages like this as a guide as to what we are looking for: Brotherhood of steel 2 locations.
- Now, you might have noticed this quest is called Second Chance… That’s because we’re asking you to do a little recycling… Recycling is a big part of fallout history.
- You should include (at least) one element from your previous entries. This could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- You should include (at least) one element from one of your competitors entries. This could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- You should include (at least) one element from a Cancelled Fallout game . Again, this could be anything at all – based off a quest, character, item, enemy, location, plot point, etc. Like before You only need mention it in passing, but can make it one of your focus articles if you choose. Please tell us in the pitch document what element you chose, and where it is.
- Oh, and one more thing. You may, at your discretion, give one of your fallen competitors a second chance, and allow them to help you on this challenge.
- You may ask a single former competitor to help you with your articles from either this game or the last one (with the exception of Crimson Frankie who is on judge duty, and as a winner needs no second chance). They may help you in any way you both agree… they can help you create ideas, and you can give them responsibility to fully create a page if you choose, ask them for art or technical assistance or just use them as a sounding board. There is no limit on the assistance they are allowed to provide, but you remain "in charge" of the entry.
- In the event no former competitors are available to help, we will allow you to use a non-competitor on a case by case basis.
- Because of the above rules, the rule allowing technical help for your entries is suspended. If you need help with an article, choose your teammate wisely.
Show us what you can do.
|Runner Up - GarouxBloodline Invites you to - Alaska
Fallout: The Alaskan Rift is the story of three wastelanders caught up in the middle of a massive conflict that will once again ravage the wasteland once known as the American Dream. From the arctic wastes and exotic islands of Alaska, to the lush paradise of Canada, and even back to the war-torn Core Region, our protagonists will find themselves witnessing the birth of a new era - for better or worse.”
|The Winner - Paladin117 welcomes you to - the Commonwealth and Canada
It is time for a new generation of gaming, so it is time for a new generation of Fallout. The world maps of Fallout and Fallout 2 have combined with the local maps of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, fast traveling is done through the Chryslus Fortress, and cities are larger and more populated than ever before! Travel to the Commonwealth, River City, Ronto, and hundreds of places in between!”
- The Runner up - Garoux Bloodline
With this year's Apprentice officially finished, I would really like to express my gratitude towards our community, which has supported me and given me the motivation to reach the finals. Some of you loved my works, and some of you found my works faulty. In the end, I enjoyed the time I've spent here and the chance given to me to share my visions, and I thank all of you that shared their critiques with me so I'll know how to improve further down the road.
For everyone that I competed with, including this year's victor Paladin117, I would also like to extend my gratitude towards them as without their entries, this past year just wouldn't have been as fun. I really enjoyed the effort put forth by everyone this past year, and I truly wish to see you all again should the Apprentice return next year!
Should the Apprentice return, my only real advice to potential competitors is simply not to take the contest too seriously. While the prizes can be nice, the true purpose of the Apprentice is just to have some fun and to provide our community a bit of entertainment. So don't over-extend yourself! And even if you lose, always keep in mind that losing doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have talent writing, and we'd love to see you still participating even afterwards! Whether it be written as a side-entry on the Apprentice, or made into an independent blog.”— GarouxBloodline
- The Winner - Paladin117
t’s been quite a year. I almost can’t believe the Apprentice is over, and still can’t believe that I somehow won! I will have to thank everyone who voted for me (really, thank you!), Old World Relics, Agent c (of course), and many others. While hard at times, I had tons of fun with the various challenges and creating my various characters, factions and stories, as well as reading everyone else's. While I'll admit my articles didn't have the greatest writing and were lacking in the graphics department, it seems that people were able to look past that and see the true value of my creations, the good and the bad, and for that, I thank you. And, for anyone planning to compete in the future, make sure you have the time for making that kind of commitment. While it is plenty of fun to enter, creating the different entries requires time. I was even dumb enough to procrastinate once or twice on the entries, which made their quality suffer a bit. I’m not saying you need to devote your life to it, but the apprentice does last for months, so try to think ahead when entering.
It’s been a great experiencen this year, so, once again, thank you to all of the viewers, the voters, my awesome competitors, and to our host, Agent c, for making this Apprentice so great!”— Paladin117
- Its time to open the vault, and award our prizes!
For our top five finishers
Our good friends Bethesda have offered us 5 wasteland simulation kits... This Viewmaster and lunchbox will certainly help even the most unprepared of vault dwellers surivive the coming apocolypse.
Congratulations to Paladin117, GarouxBloodline, Dead Gunner, NukaTurtle and Leafless who will be taking one of these home each.
For our winner
Our good friend Mr Chris Avellone, and the gang at Obsidian Entertainment have offered our winner a signed copy of the Fallout: New Vegas ultimate edition, in a format of the winners choice. A prize that even the grand-ghouls will treasure.
For our Celebrity JudgeFallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas, and the Fallout Bible series that this wiki tries to continue the work of, we thought that he deserved a gift you just cant get anywhere else... So NukaTurtle thought it might be a good idea to Ghoulify him.
Guess that means he can't visit No Mutants Allowed anymore... Thanks NukaTurtle, and Thanks Chris for being a part of it.
Want to be a part of it?
We're looking at some exciting changes in format for next year. Look our for an announcement in January or February for our next casting call. See you all then.