USAF Satellite Station Olivia was a USAF operated listening station, that intercepted and decoded Chinese communications. It became exceptionally busy in the period before the war, with increased signal traffic being intercepted. After the war, a group of raiders led by Ack-Ack moved into the facility to loot it.
The surface of the installation consists of two wooden shacks, with minimal furniture and loot and the satellite dish. There is also an elevated room containing a footlocker, a table and other random objects. In the mole rat nest just outside the fence to the east, one of the mole rats usually has mines attached to it, capable of dealing substantial damage if it gets close. This mole rat makes ticking time bomb noises (like super mutant suiciders). The mole rats are close enough to the installation that they frequently enter to engage the raiders.
The concrete main building contains an armor workbench and the entrance to the much larger subterranean level of the installation, home to a group of six raiders led by the minigun-wielding Ack-Ack and contains a significant amount of loot.
- U.S. Covert Operations Manual - In the intel room, on the table.
- Mini nuke - In the intel room, on the table.
- Fusion core - In the basement. In the generator in the center room with the catwalks.
- Minigun - Carried by Ack-Ack, a unique raider.
- The silver locket for the quest Returning the Favor is in a toolbox in the basement.
- An incomplete leveled set of power armor can be found near a crashed Vertibird to the west.
- The intel room key in the basement behind a locked door, in the instrument case. Opens security gate.
- Overdue book - In the basement on top of a table near Ack-Ack.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the basement on top of a cabinet near Ack-Ack.
- Learning Curve - This is one of the locations where you need to escort a scribe of the Brotherhood.
- Returning the Favor - This is the location where Mary's stolen locket can be found.
- Raider Troubles - Once Returning the Favor has been completed, troublesome raiders might take refuge at this location between two attacks on the Commonwealth settlers.
- Together with the Fat Man from the robotics disposal ground, the mini nuke found here can make the deathclaw fight during When Freedom Calls much easier if one visits this location beforehand. The mini nuke respawns for Minutemen quests to clear out this location.
- The sentry bot at the robotics disposal ground can be sent to patrol here, killing the present mole rats and guards outside the station with ease.
- If Ack-Ack is killed while at least one of the other raiders is still alive, the other raider is very likely to pick up the minigun. If this happens the raider will immediately gain a full spawn of 500 ammunition for it, which can be looted when the raider is subsequently killed. This can potentially be repeated for multiple raiders.
The USAF Satellite Station Olivia only appears in Fallout 4.