The Two-Step Goodbye is a unique variant of the ballistic fist, with only a single barrel mounted on the forearm. Sections of this ballistic fist are colored yellow, as opposed to the standard variant's monotone color scheme. An explosives warning symbol is printed on the side.
If a target is killed by a critical hit, the contact-triggered explosives will detonate within the fallen target after two seconds, subsequently dealing an extra 175 splash damage. Friendly non-player characters caught in the blast may become damaged and even turn hostile if the user isn't careful.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks
Two-Step Goodbye can successfully strike about 395 times from full condition before breaking.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Two-Step Goodbye fnvgra||70||76.4||1.09||x4||10||175explosion||28||5||395||6||20000||3333.3||100||9|
|Zap glove||35||57.3||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
|Paladin Toaster||41||67.1||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Enemies hit by or killed with this weapon fly a few feet back before exploding. This is useful for sneak attack criticals because it allows the player to determine where the enemy's body might fly before detonating.
- This melee weapon will always make a loud noise and so it can not be considered a stealth weapon as any in earshot will be alerted by it's use.
- There will be a beeping noise, similar to that of frag mines, that will warn the player about the secondary explosion.
- Two-Step Goodbye is considered an improved holdout weapon.
- This weapon has very low critical damage, but makes up for it with the added secondary explosion.
- Even though this weapon will deal a deadly explosion after a critical hit, none of the Explosives-based perks have any effect on it. This includes Demolition Expert, Splash Damage, and Hit the Deck.
- Due to the weapon's secondary explosion, the player should be careful using the weapon in close proximity to friendly non-player characters. For example, if the player is attacking a Freeside thug while a member of the Kings is attacking as well, the secondary explosion may kill the Kings gang member, causing a loss of reputation in Freeside.
- This weapon uses the intended Pip-Boy 3000 icon instead of the power fist icon previously used for the ballistic fist.
- If the player is in close proximity to the enemy and they survive the initial attack, they may run back at you and damage you with the second explosion.
- Despite its low critical damage, its x4 critical multiplier is it's largest trait, a maxed critical chance character will have up to 117% chance to critically hit,the highest critical chance for any Unarmed weapon, therefore they will continue to get critical hits and trigger the detonation every time the enemy is killed.