| ||For an overview of turpentine appearing in the Fallout series of games, see Turpentine.|
Turpentine is a flammable liquid distilled from pine resin, used as a solvent. In Fallout: New Vegas, Turpentine is used to craft turbo and is used to tan gecko hides, including golden, green and fire gecko hides. It is also used to craft "potent" and "lethal" varieties of the Cloud Kiss poison in Dead Money and to make dark datura in the Honest Hearts add-ons.
- Turpentine is occasionally sold by merchants throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Some traveling merchants sell them occasionally.
- REPCONN test site - 11 in the basement and 11 in the facility.
- 6 in the train tunnel
- 6 in the Gomorrah suites
- Boulder City - 2 can be found just left of the "Big Horn Saloon" entrance.
- Brewer's beer bootlegging - 1 can be found in the cellar, in an average locked explosives crate.
- Camp Forlorn Hope - 7 can be found on a shelf in the back of the command center left of the cinder blocks. Must be stolen.
- 4 in REPCONN headquarters, on the 2nd floor.
- Cerulean Robotics - 1 can be found in the second room near the doors in between 2 metal boxes.
- Gibson's shack - 2 can be found on the floor behind the computer terminal.
- Gibson scrap yard - 2 can be found inside the garage area on a shelf - must be stolen, and 3 can be found in a dumpster in the North-Eastern corner of the scrap yard; you will not lose any Karma from taking these.
- Harper's shack - 3 can be found on one of the shelves from across the entrance, beware of the deathclaws nearby at the Dead Wind Cavern.
- Lucky Jim Mine - 3 bottles can be found just left on the shelf after you entered the shack.
- 2 can be found at the Powder Ganger camp east around the fridge.
- Michael Angelo's workshop - 2 bottles on the lone workbench, must be stolen.
- Mojave Outpost - 4 bottles on a shelf in the back of the headquarters building. Must be stolen.
- NCR Embassy - 2 bottles on a bottom shelf in a storage room, must be stolen. Enter, go right hallway, quick left.
- Nellis Air Force Base - 11 bottles in the hangar with the plane, 4 on the south wall by the locker and file cabinets on the bottom shelf. 2 inside of a box that contains 3 wrenches, and two hidden behind that same box that must be moved to reach them. 4 more are on the north wall, on a shelf that is an exact duplicate to the one on the south wall, with the 4 bottles being in exactly the same positions, 2 in a crate, and 2 behind it. another 2 are found on a table to the north east of the plane, and another 1 is found on a table slightly south of the plane. Must be stolen.
- Nellis Air Force Base - Mess hall & munitions storage - 6 can be found in the back on the shelves by the workbenches. Must be stolen.
- Searchlight North gold mine - 3 on a standing shelf
- Silver Peak Mine - 3 on a shelf straight in against the back wall.
- Sloan - 3 bottles in the machine shop. Must be stolen.
- Southern Nevada Wind Farm - 3 bottles in the maintenance shack.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Magnetohydraulics complex - Found in a tool cabinet in the water.
Turpentine is an ingredient necessary to craft the following items:
- Tanned gecko hide
- Tanned golden gecko hide
- Tanned fire gecko hide
- Tanned green gecko hide - appears in the Honest Hearts add-on
- Cloud Kiss - appears in the Dead Money add-on.
- Dark datura - appears in the Honest Hearts add-on
- Nuka-grenade - appears in the Gun Runner's Arsenal add-on.