Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There'd be caps in it for you. I do like to hear what's going on in the world. And that Mr. New Vegas seems like such a gentleman.”— Trudy
|Unmarked Quest: Trudy's Radio Repair|
|Talk to Trudy and accept her offer to fix the radio.|
|Fix the radio with a repair check.|
|Ask for extra pay with a barter check.|
|Reward: Goodsprings fame|
|Reward: Goodsprings fame|
First of all, speak to Trudy, and ask her about the group of people who shot you. She will explain that they came into the bar a lot, and also knocked over her radio, breaking it. Ask to fix the radio, and she will let you, explaining how she'll pay you for the work. Go behind the counter of the Prospector Saloon, and activate the radio. With a Repair skill of 20, you can fix it. Otherwise, a Fixin' Things skill magazine can be used to raise your Repair skill, if needed; one can be found on the bookshelf next to the pool table. If you're able to repair it, report back to Trudy. She will then reward you with 50 caps. If you can pass a Barter check (20 Barter), she will pay you an extra 25 caps. You will gain 10 XP for fixing it, but an extra 25 XP if you pass this check.
The radio at the Prospector Saloon in Goodsprings was broken by a visiting Great Khan. Trudy has offered to pay you if you can fix it.
If you are unable to meet these skill levels, skill magazines can be employed to temporarily boost the appropriate skill by 10 (or 20, with the Comprehension perk).
- There is a copy of Fixin' Things on a table/shelf/bench near the pool tables and the front entrance to the Prospector Saloon. (Must be stolen)
- The most common in-game source seems to be random spawns inside mailboxes (of which there are several in Goodsprings).
- They can also be found lying around in most of the homes and buildings in Goodsprings, (most will require that you steal them).
- Both Chet (Goodsprings General Store) and Trudy sell skill magazines as part of their random stock rotation.
- Despite Trudy mentioning her desire to hear Mr. New Vegas's voice again, the radio is actually set to Mojave Music Radio.
- Upon fixing the radio, Trudy will mention she was able to hear it functioning again, even if she is outside the saloon.
pc ps3 xbox360 If Trudy is not spoken to before finishing "They Went That-a-Way", she will not display the proper dialogue option to initiate the quest.[verified]