I am Vault City's primary physician. I take care of all the Citizens within Vault City and do my best to keep everyone healthy.”
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- A Chosen One with a Doctor skill of at least 75% can speak with Dr. Troy in a dialogue option to introduce themselves as a fellow physician curious about the much-vaunted Vault City medical methods, leading to the cost-free accrual of the Vault City Training perk. Returning with an active Poison or Radiation counter level and asking him to cure either will then enable the derivative Vault City Inoculations perk as well.
- Troy can heal if the player character have been made a citizen of Vault City. He will heal the entire party if talking to a Captain of the Guard.
- If Marcus is brought along to be healed by him, Troy can extract a large amount of ammo from Marcus' thick skin. The reward is 20 7.62mm, 40 .44 Magnum JHP and FMJ, 50 5mm JHP, 10 .45 caliber, 24 10mm JHP, 50 .223 FMJ and 20 9mm ball.
- He will attack on sight if Marcus and Lenny are with a non-Captain of the Guard.
- The knowledge about Jet can be used to blackmail him for $500–$1000 each month. However, ever asking him for medical treatment after that results in 6999 HP of damage.
- Citizens (only) can also present this information to Joanne Lynette, and she will exile Dr. Troy from Vault City. Phyllis will not speak again if this happens.
Dr. Troy appears only in Fallout 2.