Cazadores are extremely deadly, but they are also reclusive. Try looking near the Red Rock's canyons.”— Red Lucy
The camp is overrun by cazadores when the Courier awakens in the Mojave Wasteland; this outcome was predicted by McMurphy in the graphic novel All Roads, as he comments that they need to bury Chance and get out of the place before the creatures show up.
Prior to these events, it had been a typical tribal village, but was overrun by Fiends, (their leader using a flamer, which accounts for the burnt corpses), rampaging in the area while high on Psycho. While Benny wishes to avoid confrontation with the Fiends after observing an early warning sign, the Fiends are killed by the Great Khans and Benny after Chance, suffering from shellshock and drug withdrawals, charges into battle after seeing the flames and charred bodies that remind him of the Bitter Springs Massacre.
Chance, suffering from severe burns then overdoses on Psycho after Benny recounts the story of the Singer to him and leaves the drug by his side.
The village is mainly surrounded by steep cliffs and has tents, set up in a half circle against the eastern cliffside. It has a usable campfire in the center.
- Fire axes can be found on one or multiple Fiend corpses.
- Heading out of the village to your left will be a hollowed-out rock with random loot inside.
- The flamer used by the unnamed Fiend leader in the graphic novel was destroyed when Chance bent the nozzle back onto the man, burning him alive. This is why it cannot be found.
- Chance's grave is located on a hill overlooking the village.
- Psycho and Jet lying around the campfire are remnants of the party thrown by the drugged up Fiends following their massacre of the residents.
- There are Great Khan corpses amongst those of the Fiends, despite the fact none of the Khans died during the battle in the graphic novel.
- If Lily Bowen is a hired follower she says when visiting, "Oh My, did I do all of this?"
- In All Roads it is suggested that they go up north so they can circle east around the fiends attacking the camp, though the game map doesn't suggest such an option.
- pc xbox360 ps3 The bodies and/or cazadores may disappear, however reloading a save and revisiting the camp later may cause them to reappear (along with any ravens that were killed). Similarly all of the fiends may be alive, and fighting the cazadores upon arrival.[verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 Occasionally the burned bodies may actually be alive. They will attack the Courier on sight with only their fists as weapons (or may pick up a nearby weapon left on the dead bodies), or be in a fleeing state due to damage received by the enemies mentioned in the bug above as they can occur simultaneously. They display as having 0 HP with the Living Anatomy perk, and thus die from any hit (granting good Karma upon being killed by the Courier), but can be a threat when fast traveling to the site, particularly if the other enemies respawn as well.[verified]
- xbox360 pc ps3 Fast travelling to the camp may result in witnessing a fight between cazadores, fiends, and (now alive) burned bodies.[verified]