Tribal Wisdom is a perk available from the Fallout: New Vegas add-on, Honest Hearts.
50% less limb damage from Animals, Mutated Animals, and Mutated Insects, +25% Poison Resistance, and the ability to eat mutated insects in Sneak mode through the option: "Devour Puny Insect".
The "puny insects" consist of:
- Devouring insects instantly restores a small amount of health in the same way as the Cannibal perk, a useful asset in Hardcore mode.
- Each mutated insect consumed will reduce the FOOD meter by 11 or 12 points.
- Each mutated insect consumed will also increase the player's health by 11 or 12 points.
- Devouring an insect does not change its contents, if any were there originally. Eggs, meat, poison glands, etc. will still be there to be taken.
- Equipped weapons are holstered when devouring an insect. They remain holstered afterwards until drawn.