Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Well, I'll be... the pressure's up in the plant. It looks like all the leaks have been fixed. Thank you, stranger! Thank you!”— Walter after fixing the pipes
|Unmarked Quest: Treatment|
|Talk to Walter.|
|Fix all three leaking pipes in Megaton with a repair check.|
|Return to Walter.|
|Reward: 200 caps|
|Leads to: Walter's Scrap Metal|
When asked "What needs to be done around here?", Walter asks for the broken pipes around Megaton to be fixed. When asked why he can't fix them, he says he hasn't got the time and he needs to keep an eye on the plant.
The pipes require a Repair skill of at least 30 to fix them.
Location of pipesEdit
The pipes that have to be fixed are leaking water. The locations are as follows:
- On top of the Children of Atom's building. Reached easily by jumping down from the right corner of the fence by Craterside Supply.
- On the hill where first entering Megaton. Next to the staircase that leads to the Megaton house.
- On the hill opposite of where entering Megaton, near the path that leads to the common house.
- Walter will pay 200 caps for fixing the pipes.
- 100 XP after completion.
- After the pipes are fixed, he also offers to buy scrap metal to help maintain the pipes from then-on-out. See the quest Walter's Scrap Metal.
Walter's explanation for being unable to fix the repairs is that he can only get away from the plant during the night, when the water isn't running and the leaks aren't visible. However, not only does Walter walk around Megaton during the day sometimes, but all leaks are still flowing during the night.
- ps3 It may not be possible to obtain the quest from Walter, even while having 33 in repair
- pc ps3 xbox360 A glitch has been encountered when you finish fixing the pipes and have chosen to not sell scrap metal for caps. If you leave and come back it will give you the option to fix them again, but since you already fixed them you can chose the option again to get 400 caps instead of 200. [verified]